User Controls

Steganography....help plz....

Sharpie Houston

Stego PNG

Pretty sure I'm missing/not doing something correctly when trying to extract.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Like i posted in the other thread. You talking about the images along the lines of what was in /perfectpokeables/? Think the board got nuked btw. If so, there's a browser addon but i forget it's name. Other than that you gotta' be more specific.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    yeah be more specific

if the hidden data is just appended to the png file, you should be able to open it with a text editor and, working off the png file layout standard, determine which part doesn't belong and can just be exported to a separate file. if it's not encrypted, that should do you fine.

it's also possible to embed the 'hidden' data in the image data itself, either through cryptography or even just xor'ing it. keep in mind doing that will visually change the image, even if it's just to a slight degree. an old friend of mine spent some time working with the DSD (kind of like our NSA but it reports to the military); one of their favourite ways to detect hidden data in image files (aside from the obvious stuff like comparing resolution x colour depth to the filesize) was to run the image through a barrage of photoshop enhancements and colour adjustments to see if it presented unpredictable results

reading over that again it's really not that helpful because you didn't explain much of anything
    Sharpie Houston
    Like i posted in the other thread. You talking about the images along the lines of what was in /perfectpokeables/? Think the board got nuked btw. If so, there's a browser addon but i forget it's name. Other than that you gotta' be more specific.

maybe along those lines....

Theres the spot for the input file, which I'm pretty sure is the spot for the file with the hidden data in it.

And then theres the spot to enter the "file for extracted data" ....which confused me, because I thought it was just supposed to extract the data out of the input file?
    AFJ Houston
    People posting pictures.... with shit hidden inside...

Apparently you can hide an entire video. ...Or videos. ...lol

And I'm fuckin curious.... That is why I want to figure this shit out.
    People posting pictures…. with shit hidden inside…

Apparently you can hide an entire video. …Or videos. …lol

And I'm fuckin curious…. That is why I want to figure this shit out.

One does not simply figure steganography out. Also if like you alluded to it's the same technique they used at mchan for the perfect pokeables i'll tell you this much: We have a saying in IT and it goes a little like this: RTFM. But for real if it's with regards to the browser extension surely there's documentation you can read? You might get an answer faster considering i have 0 experience with the browser addon.

Now figure it out. I appended something to this image, if you've been paying attention there's a prize for you inside.
    Next up, i'll append an encoded string to an image then it's your job to figure out the encoding scheme, decode it and get the prize, for top lol i'll add a time limit of 48 hours. Trust me you're going to want this prize. Mmm.

Whenever you're ready fam, it's like a scavenger hunt.
    AFJ Houston
    Stego PNG does bitmaps & PNG's

SteganPEG can do Jpeg's

Also these are not browser add-on's

.....reading up on shiz right now...
    Stego PNG does bitmaps & PNG's

SteganPEG can do Jpeg's

Also these are not browser add-on's

…..reading up on shiz right now…

Oh it's an app, why didn't you say so. Output file is simply the name for the new file saved. So you put: Extracted dot format after the directory structure like: C:\AFJ\desktop\hiddenfile.*

PROTIP: In compsci nerdspeak programmaning lingo asterisk means wildcard so in this case it would be the extension for the file you have extracted whether it be txt, jpeg or whatever.

Also you have not been paying attention to the thread, divert your gaze to post 3 and you'll have your prize.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    "xkinder"

Oh jesus, I don't even want to know.

Also something worth mentioning: stegano is not a cryptographic strategy, it's not really an academic field and we have no good reason to believe any stegano scheme thus far presented represents a real obstacle to a determined attacker. You shouldn't depend on it to obscure illegal activities. Probably works to slip things under the noses of mods on molester chan but you should operate on the assumption LEO can see right through it.
    "xkinder"

Oh jesus, I don't even want to know.

Also something worth mentioning: stegano is not a cryptographic strategy, it's not really an academic field and we have no good reason to believe any stegano scheme thus far presented represents a real obstacle to a determined attacker. You shouldn't depend on it to obscure illegal activities. Probably works to slip things under the noses of mods on molester chan but you should operate on the assumption LEO can see right through it.

Lol no, Gadmin is a capable programmer he'll have your guts for garters if you put pizza in an image. And by that i mean he'll reset your post count to zero so you have to do over 9000 captchas again. And yeah crypto > stegano.
    AFJ Houston
    I can't decode anything without having the key that was used to hide the stuff with tho?! ....I can't atleast....
    AFJ Houston
    Find and post whats in this picture .....I know it works.
    I will also accept the name of the person in it.

Its nothing crazy, completely SFW.
    Just an actual persons face.
    Find and post whats in this picture …..I know it works.

Sorry i don't care enough.
    AFJ Houston
    Thats what I mean tho... no matter what, it always says I need a key A.K.A. password to see whatevers been hidden.

If someone is/was able to show me the picture I hid inside the one above, then that would mean its issues with the programs I'm using... and NOT that I'm misunderstanding how to extract something.
    Thats what I mean tho… no matter what, it always says I need a key A.K.A. password to see whatevers been hidden.

If someone is/was able to show me the picture I hid inside the one above, then that would mean its issues with the programs I'm using… and NOT that I'm misunderstanding how to extract something.

Obviously if you're encrypting the data after you inserted it into an image you will need a key to decrypt it again. Do you have the option to import or export encryption keys? The way you get the prize out of the intel inside image is not with any fancy software. Like i mentioned i appened something to the data. That means i just added a string of characters, in this case an onion adress to the end of the data. It's not encoded or anything of the sort. if you are on windows, download Notepad++ and open the image with Notepadf++, if you have access to Linux utilities you can just 'cat' the image.
    AFJ Houston
    Do you have the option to import or export encryption keys?
    yeah, you must enter one thats 16-64 characters to create one, and then to extract one, you must have the key for that steg to extract.
    You could give all the stegs the same key, or not.

The way you get the prize out of the intel inside image is not with any fancy software. Like i mentioned i appened something to the data. That means i just added a string of characters, in this case an onion adress to the end of the data. It's not encoded or anything of the sort. if you are on windows, download Notepad++ and open the image with Notepadf++, if you have access to Linux utilities you can just 'cat' the image.
    Lol...Oh... thats why I wasnt getting it then.

aldra@nadir:~/Images/stegasaurus$ tail -n1 642008.jpg

çWž1´;·8×_®6úw7÷mÓ'’÷ëYLÜÔòzciŠnM1쎇4W9²Ï6ŸêË{¹¯í áoWsn®uS-PÿÙ[B][URL="http://xkinder5eseudi2h.onion"]http://xkinder*[/URL][/B]

regret
    Find and post whats in this picture …..I know it works.

trying to work out where it's stored; looking at the content of the PNG it has the standard PNG header at the beginning and the IEND block like 4 bytes from the end (and no multiple instances of IEND) so it's not just appended to the file,. it's actually embedded somewhere in the PNG image structure. looks like there are a few IDAT chunks out of place, so maybe the data's hidden in there, where most viewers/readers will ignore it? it doesn't look like the image data is mangled; just some shitty artifaccts from where it was converted from a jpg, so I'd doubt it's encoded within the chunks that actually comprise the image.

are you using an open source tool? I'd be curious to see where it's putting the hidden data.
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    Is linking to that legal?
Jump to Top