User Controls

Neil Peart from RUSH - Dead at 67

-SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Brain cancer. He died on 01/07/2020. A true legend of the drumming world.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Solstice Naturally Camouflaged
    He didn't have brain cancer I poisoned him
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Losing two drumming legends so close one another.. so, so sad. Thoughts and prayers delivered.

R.I.P. Neil and sploo
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Technologist victim of incest
    Originally posted by Technologist

That's actually John Rutsey on drums. Still a good Rush tune and great lyrics.
    That Temple of Syrinx video showcases his handiwork!🥁

What an awesome kit.
    Incognito2u African Astronaut
    Fuck Your World African Astronaut
    I haven't really been listening to Rush much until yesterday and then today I listened to Roll The Bones album while I took a walk an hour ago.

Last week there was an article from Geddy lee that said "The real reason they stopped touring" and I thought, OH that's just an old story from several years back. I didn't even think to look at it as a possible update. They probably didn't want to let anyone know about it? I didn't know about it I just suspected something wrong like possible cancer with all these rock stars dying in the late 60s and early 70s.

I've seen them in concert more than any other band. 10 times. Oakland and San Francisco and once Up in Sacramento.

And I had a shrine to RUSH in my teens. every kid had that favorite band and one wall dedicated to at least one artist. Mine was Rush.. Banners, Posters, Post cards.. all kinds of shit when I was 16-17 years old. Been a fan since I was 9 collecting memorabilia of them.

Them and the Bon Scott AC/DC years and Sammy Hagar with Ronnie Montrose years and David Lee Roth with the Van Halen years. I am even in a concert Music Video at Oakland and can be seen in the front row of Van Halen but I am on an Audio (of sort) at Cow Palace in the front row. We got chewed out by Geddy Lee.

Rush was always my favorite band in Progressive Rock and pretty much my favorite band.

here is one of my favorite songs by them

btw FUCK!

the world gets shittier every day. Music today is simple minded shit stamped out on a Roland 808 and Auto-tune and the artist make 10s-100s of a Millions of Dollars.

I looked up Geddy and Neals worth and both were around 40 million.

The Record Companies were greedy as fuck back then. But because artist can self publish on apple store or out of their car.. Record companies started to take less percentage since they don't have the risk as they used to. making first Album an artist tens of million or more.

Black Sabbath made 80 thousand off their first album from Sharon Osborne father.. she told him she hated him for fucking over her future husband.

that 80 thousand was used to tour and pay for rodies and hotels and parties. they were in debt.

these people spent years in their garage perfecting skills and made only a small fortune over the years.
    Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    One of my favorites

One of Neil's best drum solos..

I saw an Interview of them saying they were touring (I think with ELO) and that they were total squares, and didn't party like other Rock Stars did.

I'm sure they dabbled in Coke or Weed maybe LSD in the early 70s? but not big party guys other than Canadians drinking Canadian Brewskies.

So it doesn't fit the usual "Rocker Lifestyle" of all these rock stars dying between 67-71 years of age that has happened in the last few years.

Seems like we might lose Mick Jagger before we lose Keith Richards who some have said he's been dead for 40 years now.

That's a Joke of course, right?

And I'm worried about Sammy Hagar. I think he was from Texas originally but grew up in LA for years then San Francisco area for many years playing with many of the local guys out here. He's local to many states it seems for some years of his life and I hope the best for his recovery from Throat Cancer he's being treated for in Germany.
    WellHung Black Hole
    Gay.
    Originally posted by WellHung Gay.

FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFF!

This Is a SHIT day in history

You get a Microsoft Mad Emoji for that one

faggot!

Originally posted by WellHung Gay.

Tom Sawyer was NOT gay.
    AngryOnion Big Wig [the nightly self-effacing broadsheet]
    Somehow I knew -spec- would have started this thread.
    That said RUSH is one of my most favorite bands of all time I have everything they have ever produced.
    WellHung Black Hole
    Living in the limelight is the universal dream
Jump to Top