User Controls

Another IP address Question.

If I had a laptop, could I see what IP addresses thsi laptop has been on or using?

For example if the person who owned the laptop and moved around from wifi spot to wifi spot is there a list of IP addresses they would of used that can be found on the laptop?
    LiquidIce Houston
    If I had a laptop, could I see what IP addresses thsi laptop has been on or using?

For example if the person who owned the laptop and moved around from wifi spot to wifi spot is there a list of IP addresses they would of used that can be found on the laptop?

I can't say much about Windows or OSX, but I know Linux keeps a cache of DHCP leases handy somewhere under /var/lib/dhcp.*. I can only assume other OSs have a similar function to make networking work faster.
    I can't say much about Windows or OSX, but I know Linux keeps a cache of DHCP leases handy somewhere under /var/lib/dhcp.*. I can only assume other OSs have a similar function to make networking work faster.

It is Windows that is on this laptop
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    I would assume so. I've heard that everything can be pulled via forensics.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Try HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\ Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces in the Windows registry. You could also try the Event viewer under DHCP Event 1002, using Run > eventvwr.msc
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    what would be the goal?
Jump to Top