User Controls

"Brave" Browser

Hewfil1 Houston
    [FONT=verdana]New browser, 'Brave". By Brendan Eich, father of JavaScript and co-founder of Mozilla. I Designed to strip away ads and embedded elements natively, thus greatly improving speed and removing all those pesky ads without the need for plugins.

While Brave is removing all the site based ads while you browse, it will be scraping your browsing history and inserting it's own partnered ads based on your personal habits.

Opinions?[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana] [/FONT]
    Kek Houston
    Removes ads and replaces them with ads based on your browsing history.

Yeah fuck that shit.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    I like Eich, even if he did inflict javascript on us and hates homos. He is, based on all available evidence, a really smart guy and I can really get behind the work he did and values he espoused in the early mozilla days. This just doesn't seem like a great idea though. There are a lot of things wrong with web browsers in 2016 but ads aren't one of them (that's a content issue, "fixing" it at the browser level is just wrong). Also the comment about "we went with chromium because we did some science stuff and it's faster than gecko (which happens to be made by the company that kicked my ass to the curb)" got a good chuckle out of me. If I had to put money on it I'd say it's probably true chromium really is faster but not to a degree that represents any business significance.
    EasyDoesIt Tuskegee Airman
    Honestly I was more interested in seeing a Hewfil1 post than I care about the browser.
    Hewfil1 Houston
    Honestly I was more interested in seeing a Hewfil1 post than I care about the browser.

How come?
    Kek Houston
    Cuz u a baller
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    How come?

coonskin cap of course
    Hewfil1 Houston
    Cuz u a baller

Nah fam.

coonskin cap of course

What...
Jump to Top