User Controls

'I questioned everything I'd accepted': Why ex-police chief changed his mind on drugs

too.dark.to.see Tuskegee Airman
    "The sea’s always been good for me, and I think for a lot of people, but in my case it really allowed me to clear my mind."

Although he retired in 2001, Palmer's resume as a former AFP commissioner and commissioner of Northern Territory police has given his stance on drugs special status in a public debate inflamed by the recent MDMA-related deaths of six music festivalgoers, at whose inquest he would end up telling his own story from the witness box earlier this year.

His observance of the futility of the otherwise "successful" smuggling seizures carried out by his former organisation set him on the path to becoming of the key advocates for the decriminalisation of possession of drugs for personal use in Australia.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/lunch-with-ex-afp-head-mick-palmer-no-bleeding-heart-advocate-20191213-p53js8.html

If personal use is to be decriminalized, why not trafficable possession?

WHY IS POT STILL ILLEGAL?

Answer:

The government sees itself in competition with "criminals". It is a face saving measure. It has nothing to do with safety or crime, it has everything to do with "winning". By still having it illegal the police can get that addictive feeling of reward for arresting the "enemy".

Fucking animals.
    That's what politics and the legal system are like.

They are not there to serve and help, they are there to prove they are right by the fact they are in power. If Nazis won the war they would be right too. No one would have the power to oppose them. If you tried you'd get arrested for treason or sedition.

Again, they do not want to lead, they don't want to rule impartially. They want to be always right. They want to be the victor.
    Octavian motherfucker
    Lol is weed still illegally imported there? You can grow is easily.
    Originally posted by Octavian Lol is weed still illegally imported there? You can grow is easily.

Weed is still illegal in most countries.

Freedom of assembly and the US constitution have made things that are illegal in other nations a birthright.

There literally exist laws in other English speaking countries about encouraging disaffection with the government. They are sedition laws. They are enforced.

The rights provided by the US constitution, such as freedom of the press, freedom of assembly etc, are criminalised in other modern first world democracies.

Support the troops! Dead baby paradise. Heaven awaits someone.
Jump to Top