Originally posted by Japan-Is-Eternal And substances in general

I'm tired of waking up with that taste in my mouth
    The feeling in my head
    Feeling like a dirtbag for drinking so much
    Worrying about my health

My new years resolution is to quit alcohol and all substances

Now here is the thing
    How do I keep from getting bored?

Well, at first you have a lot of routine modification to do. You need to rebuild your routine without drugs and alcohol. You have weeks of figuring out how much time you want in the morning, what foods you now like and which ones you dislike, et cetera. My advice would be to focus on when you're waking up, when you're going to bed, and what you after-dinner-pre-bed activity is. I'd recommend video games, movies, or reading. Something that you can immerse yourself in and lose track of time.

The first week is almost the easiest. It's fun to get up "early" and you start to feel good about yourself, but the second week is hard. You now are solidifying this new lifestyle and your body won't like it at first. By the end of week 3 it will start becoming habit, and by the end of week 4 it'll be second nature. Don't let skipping a day fuck it up for you either, because one day doesn't undo everything you've worked for
    Octavian motherfucker
    Start by having a sex life.
    AngryIVer African Astronaut [my jade controlled morrigan]
    Originally posted by Octavian Start by having a sex life.

No, don't do this. Entering a sex life while you are in the stages of recovery is a terrible idea. It's either going to find you someone who drinks/drugs who will drag you back in, someone who is also in recovery which will ruin both of your lives, or someone who's never drank or did drugs who doesn't understand.
    Octavian motherfucker
    Originally posted by AngryIVer No, don't do this. Entering a sex life while you are in the stages of recovery is a terrible idea. It's either going to find you someone who drinks/drugs who will drag you back in, someone who is also in recovery which will ruin both of your lives, or someone who's never drank or did drugs who doesn't understand.

What a crock of shit, it's his choice whether to drink/ do drugs.

Just cause you fuck someone who smokes weed doesn't mean you will.
Jump to Top