User Controls

"make clean" results with "No rule to make target"

SBTlauien African Astronaut
    I need to compile some C code that I downloaded and I'm getting the error below.

make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++-64/qmake.conf', needed by `Makefile'. Stop.

Searching online I found that I need a .conf(configure). This file was not in the source code that I downloaded and I'm not even sure if it should be within it or, within the MAKE directory itself. This seems to be a common problem but I can't seem to figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    what's the application? are you trying to build for the right platform? you might need to pass arguments to make, because it looks like it's trying to build with a version of QT4 that's not available on your machine
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Depending on the build process you may need to run a configure script before you can use make. If you have a makefile already then it's probably not CMake. Is there like a "configure" or "configure.sh" or something similar in the same directory as the make file? If so try executing that first.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    yeah, just googled it, if you're trying to build qt then you need to run the config script, just called "configure". So like change to whatever dir that script is in (probably the top dir), and run "./configure". If it complains about permissions do "chmod +x configure". Then try running make.
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    You were both correct. I had read the readme file but seemed to skip over the part below. The program now compiles, but it still doesn't run my cutting machine. It seems that the machine isn't recognized by my Surface Pro 3. This is being done on Ubuntu 14.04.

sudo apt-get install libqt4-dev libusb-1.0-0-dev
Jump to Top