User Controls

Amitriptyline

Octavian motherfucker
    Took 20mg that knocked me out. I woke up feeling a little spasticated and very irritable. If anything, this only accentuated my anger and left me feeling more pissed off than before I went to sleep.

Anyone else had similar experiences with this? Not touching again, reading about the side effects is enough.

There was an increase in energy in the morning like when I've taken Tramadol though.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Solstice Naturally Camouflaged
    What are you taking it for? I used to be on 200 mg a night for depression (that's a very high dose though).
    Octavian motherfucker
    Originally posted by Solstice What are you taking it for? I used to be on 200 mg a night for depression (that's a very high dose though).

I can never sleep in the winter and find myself staying awake right till 9am. I was pissed off after falling out with a mate and popped x2 10mg. I thought it would help with my anxious thoughts and calm me down.
    It always made me sleepy too.

Also made soda taste flat

Really hated it
    Originally posted by Octavian I can never sleep in the winter and find myself staying awake right till 9am. I was pissed off after falling out with a mate and popped x2 10mg.

It'll help you sleep a bit because it does have sedating side effects but it's primarily used for depression. It's a tricyclic, an old medicine that they've been using since like the 1950s. One of the original antidepressants. It is prescribed off label for sleep but most people need like 50 mg and the side effects arent really worth it.

Isn't diazepam easy to get over there?
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    I was on it for years and became a med in my regimen my doctor wouldn't prescribed me anything else unless I agreed to take it like a kid (how can you have any pudding if you don't finish your bug juice)

You develop a tolerance so quickly then it basically does nothing. The highest I was at was 150mg but usually 75. They taste so shitty. I was on elavil and trazadone at once and they actually did help depression for a bit.

Amitryptaline (elavil) is a very old medication that's basically given for everything. Kinda made me feel ok and "normal" but it really is a dirty ol antipsychotic. Have fun trying to sleep the week after quitting it, it's best to taper down to the yellows then the blues (if you have the same meds we have). There really aren't any side effects that I've gotten although I remember a friend of mines mother was on them and noted side effects I don't remember. Pretty innocuous but a shitty drug that's probably bad for your brain long term
    Originally posted by Sudo I was on it for years and became a med in my regimen my doctor wouldn't prescribed me anything else unless I agreed to take it like a kid (how can you have any pudding if you don't finish your bug juice)

You develop a tolerance so quickly then it basically does nothing. The highest I was at was 150mg but usually 75. They taste so shitty. I was on elavil and trazadone at once and they actually did help depression for a bit.

Amitryptaline (elavil) is a very old medication that's basically given for everything. Kinda made me feel ok and "normal" but it really is a dirty ol antipsychotic. Have fun trying to sleep the week after quitting it, it's best to taper down to the yellows then the blues (if you have the same meds we have). There really aren't any side effects that I've gotten although I remember a friend of mines mother was on them and noted side effects I don't remember. Pretty innocuous but a shitty drug that's probably bad for your brain long term

It's a tricyclic not an antipsychotic, still a shitty drug though.
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    I found a vibrated at a slightly different frequency when I took them
    Octavian motherfucker
    Fuck-this.

Only 2nd day of taking them. No more.
    WellHung Black Hole (banned)
    🤣
    Originally posted by Octavian Fuck-this.

Only 2nd day of taking them. No more.

Yeah there's much better alternatives if you're just trying to sleep. I only took it to see if it worked for my depression.
    Fuck Your World African Astronaut
    Lexapro
    1993 Houston
    Clomipramine made me hallucinate for 10 hours yesterday
    Originally posted by Fuck Your World Lexapro

Lexapro won't help you sleep at all.
    Octavian motherfucker
    Originally posted by Fuck Your World Lexapro

Well Hung takes that spazzy shit.

Fuck Your World (Mattchew alt) 👍
    Originally posted by Solstice Lexapro won't help me sleep at all.p But I'm smart enough to realize that everyone's body chemistry is different… so it could very well help you sleep.
    Originally posted by Octavian Well Hung takes that spazzy shit.

Fuck Your World (Mattchew alt) 👍

Matthew William WellHung..lolol
    STER0S Space Nigga [the disappointingly unanticipated slab]
    controlled drugs are the only ones worth taking.
    Originally posted by STER0S controlled drugs are the only ones worth taking.

They are all controlled...by someone.
    Originally posted by STER0S controlled drugs are the only ones worth taking.

And gaba

I might get to try Lyrica soon, my psych is going to bat for me without me even asking. Is more expensive copays though, but I'm worried about my kidneys with all the meds I take (and sometimes under the table meds to boot, but trying not to do that with success so far).

Anyways, I took it for like a day or two, small dose for sleep and never again because it didn't help and seemed pointless. I react badly to (prescribed) serotonergic drugs anyway.

It's really toxic. It's actually a Purple Pill book drug because of how easy and common it is to overdose on. One bottle will easily do it with more than a little old lady dose.. it ain't prozac.

It probably is more effective though because they didn't try to reverse engineer it based on theory and claim that it works beyond placebo because "we think it should".
Jump to Top