User Controls

I wonder hoe many of these badboys Apple will sell

Wariat Marine/Preteen Biologist
    https://www-cnbc-com.cdn.ampproject.org/c/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/12/10/apple-mac-pro-maxed-out-price-is-52199-before-pro-display-xdr-screen.html
    AngryIVer African Astronaut [my jade controlled morrigan]
    Probably like 15 or 20. It's very clearly specialized hardware.

I'm somewhat curious what equal PC hardware would cost. Like, how much of that is just Apple tax.
    But I mean you can pretty much do everything on a standard iMac in terms of apple software or supported games. So how does anyone justify such high specs and price? For what reason or software? Maybe bitcoin mining?
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    If you're using your computer in business, like for video editing, video compositing, various things in Aftereffects, rendering, even just photoshop, paying big money is no big deal. And you don't want any unexpected issues either, so paying extra for premium components is worthwhile. And the cost of the computer isn't even an issue from a business point of view.
    Yea but how many of these can a business afford per employee? Many businesses are running on low profit margins.
    Look at ehat happened to wework for overspending.
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Originally posted by Wariat Yea but how many of these can a business afford per employee? Many businesses are running on low profit margins.

Bullshit. Business profits are at record levels, and the cost of a fixed asset like a computer simply isn't a concern - it's regarded as an investment and amortised over a couple of years = next to nothing every year. Salaries and rent are the big expenses in business, next to that hardware isn't even a thought.
    if business profits are so high why does apple refuse to cave in and at lewst manufacturing some parts again in the usa without raising costs for goods?
    or why cant trump make them then?
    AngryIVer African Astronaut [my jade controlled morrigan]
    Originally posted by Wariat if business profits are so high why does apple refuse to cave in and at lewst manufacturing some parts again in the usa without raising costs for goods?

Profits are high BECAUSE they don't make them in America.

As for why would a business need them, the article literally says who it's marketed towards.
    Originally posted by Wariat if business profits are so high why does apple refuse to cave in and at lewst manufacturing some parts again in the usa without raising costs for goods?

Companies don't want to manufacture in the US because US workers are too hard to deal with. They are always complaining, noticing health and safety violations, taking days off, and as soon as they get some experience they quit for a competitor. No one wants to deal with that.
    Originally posted by AngryIVer Profits are high BECAUSE they don't make them in America.

As for why would a business need them, the article literally says who it's marketed towards.

but their esxuse is the profits arent hifh enough for thrm to do it at bot a loss or they eould have to raise prices right?
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Companies don't want to manufacture in the US because US workers are too hard to deal with. They are always complaining, noticing health and safety violations, taking days off, and as soon as they get some experience they quit for a competitor. No one wants to deal with that.

you mean actual humanity or human working conditions? should we go back to slavery and womens suffrage as well?
Jump to Top