User Controls

Man eats 120,000 dollar banana, makes news

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/man-who-ate-120-000-art-banana-said-he-would-n1098391

A performance artist on Monday defended his banana-eating work over the weekend at Art Basel in Miami Beach, boasting he would have done it even earlier but "I was not too hungry."

David Datuna stunned the art world on Saturday when he chowed down on a banana, taped to the wall, which had been called "Comedian" by Italian artist Maurizio Cattelan.

Cattelan had sold at least two editions of "Comedian" to private collectors for $120,000 each, according to a spokeswoman for Paris-based Galerie Perrotin, which displayed the work in its booth at Art Basel.

"I think this is the first one in art history when one artist eat concept for another," Datuna told reporters in New York. "People ask me, 'You eat banana?' Physically it was banana but banana is just a tool, usually I eat the concept of that you know?"

Datuna insisted this wasn't a PR stunt, but a serious piece of art when he peeled and consumed the banana on Saturday afternoon.

"I decided in the morning" on Saturday to eat the banana art, Datuna said, "but I was not too hungry so I spent two hours in the Basel."

He also expressed his admiration of Cattelan, despite devouring the artist's work.

"I respect (him) because he makes fun of everything, this is why I respect him," Datuna said. "He's smart, he's genius."

A spokeswoman for Cattelan said Monday the artist is not seeking any criminal or civil action against Datuna.

"What Cattelan did was genius and what I did was also interesting, right?" Datuna said.

The Georgian-born artist Datuna said he has other performance art projects in the works, coinciding with Super Bowl LIV in early 2020 and then with the next World Cup, in Qatar in 2022.

CASPER Soldier of Fourchin
    People were post8ng about this on FB

OMG DID U SEE WUT THIS GUY DID

Fucking lemmings. This kind of shit was edgy in the 70s and 80s. No one gives a fuck about your shitty “installation”. Not provocative or interesting in the least.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by CASPER People were post8ng about this on FB

OMG DID U SEE WUT THIS GUY DID

Fucking lemmings. This kind of shit was edgy in the 70s and 80s. No one gives a fuck about your shitty “installation”. Not provocative or interesting in the least.

You're just mad you haven't made a quarter million taping bananas to the wall
    Beautiful, apparently someone has written EPSTEIN DIDN'T KILL HIMSELF on the wall as well. What is this shit life
    Ghost Black Hole
    here is an interview with him

simpsons is gay
    Solstice Naturally Camouflaged
    I heard it had some contingency about the banana being periodically replaced as each one rotted anyways.
    Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    Reetards reetarding. REE REE!
    Wariat Marine/Preteen Biologist
    This is what I call art.
    Grylls Cum Looking Faggot [abrade this vocal tread-softly]
    my masterpiece will sell for more

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    That's bananas...
    Originally posted by Grylls my masterpiece will sell for more

hey buddy r u ok?
    IM GONNA BE RICH
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink

Doubt it considering you didn't do it, you shit head

Ah yes, I'm familiar with that work, I believe the arteest named it "Ham-muck"
    Maybe the 2 arteeeeests could get together and create "Banana Ham-muck"
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby Doubt it considering you didn't do it, you shit head

-looks at a picture of shit

-brain still cant muster a better insult than "shit head"
    Originally posted by Grylls -looks at a picture of shit

-brain still cant muster a better insult than "shit head"

cmon dont pick on children
    tee hee hee Naturally Camouflaged [slangily complete this slumberer]
    From Renoir to banana ducktaped to the wall...sigh.
    Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    This is racist, blacks eat bananas all the time and don't make the news.
Jump to Top