User Controls

I contacted the City's building inspectors on my landlord.

Fonaplats victim of incest [daylong jump-start that nome]
    I am going to call them tomorrow anyways but I went ahead and e-mailed them one of the rants about how I hate everything.
    That way in case I sleep until noon tomorrow, maybe someone will have already read the e-mail.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    Is this another one of your false outrages?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby Is this another one of your false outrages?

My Landlord wont fix anything and instead is trying to sell my building. PLEASE HELP

Fonaplats
    12:07 AM (23 minutes ago)
    to City Building Inspector

Hello, my name is Fonaplats.
    My Girlfriend and I moved into <adress> July 6th of this year.
    I trusted the people at <Landlord> (<adress>) and now I feel they are trying to screw us.
    I have had endless problems with my landlord and now I can't even get ahold of them.
    They do not return my calls or messages.
    The very few times recently that I have gotten a hold of them and had them say they would send someone out they have not sent anyone.
    I couldn't understand why they were ignoring us all the time so I looked my building up and found it was for sale.
    (website to listing here)

Current issues that I have are with the exterior doors and windows.
    And also the heater.
    and a whole lot more but I just want to start there.

A couple weeks ago they changed the locks in my basement but did not tell us or give us a key. Now if I am down in my basement doing laundry and something happens upstairs I will be trapped in the basement with no way out.
    Also my stuff is down there.

They also have been telling tenants they are free to use the washer and dryer in the basement but they belong to me and I never agreed to any such thing.

My heater is a big issue too.
    I had to start running it in November and I called the Landlord because they had left all the windows in the unit above me wide open and for at least an entire week it was in the 20's and 30's outside and raining. Due to this my electricity bill was through the roof from just trying to keep my apartment at 65 degrees.
    It has went from $50 in the summer to now $281 for last month and I only had it running for 3 of the weeks last month.

I asked them to come check the heater and they said they would but they have never came.
    Frustrated I did a little looking at what I could look at and I have found there is duct work connected to nothing and general shotty work.

They refuse to reimburse me for anything or even let me talk to the owner.
    I ask them to let me out of my lease but they say no and are just trying to squeeze all the money they can out of me before they run away.

I have exterior doors that I can see outside through gaps in the door frame....

When I first moved in they did come out and fix a couple things but it always was a 2 or 3 step process with them sending out 1 guy to fix it who would do stuff and they say it was fix but leave without checking it so another worker would have to come out.

The 1 and only time I got them to come out and look at anything was when my ceiling fell down.
    All they had done was put up new ceiling tiles but I do not think they fixed the reason it fell down which was the roof leaks.

Anyways I am at my wits end with my Landlord and he is trying to wiggle out of fixing stuff by trying to sell the building and pass it off to someone else.

I am writing because I need someone to please come out and inspect this for me so I can go downtown and set up an escrow account and let them know everything they need to fix.

If you could please call me at (937) 522-1751 I would really appreciate it.
    Thank you very much.

Sincerely,
    Fonaplats
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    CASPER Soldier of Fourchin
    You should be documenting all this stuff. Then send certified mail saying you won’t be paying rent until the aforementioned issues are fixed. If they threaten to evict you, tell them have at it. They know it’s a long and expensive process to evict someone. And if your assessment is accurate,there’s a good chance you’d win in court.

I’d do that. Worst case scenario...free rent for 6 months. But you should look Into your states tenants rights and see if you can legally withhold rent until problems are fixed.
    CASPER Soldier of Fourchin
    If you have a friend or handyman that does any of this stuff, buy the materials and have him come fix the issues, then subtract his billable hours and materials from your rent payment next month.
    I plan to set up an escrow account with the city that will withhold the rent until everything is fixed.
    I was just gonna have then throw me a few bucks for fucking me over so much but they said no.
    I asked to get out of my lease and they said no.
    I tried to get them to come out here and they are no shows.
    So instead of just having them fix 1 or 2 things I will now make sure they fix every damn thing I can get that city inspector to write them up for.
    That means they wont be able to sell this place either.
    Then I can take them to court if they dont fix stuff and get my rent back and out of my lease.

It will be a bit of a pain in my ass having to get all this shit done but it brings me joy doing this stuff.
    Ghost Black Hole
    This is why landlords rent to meth heads because they don't complain when the pipes burst and shit, they just do more meth
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Is your City Building Inspector in the business of making sure the local landlords play by the rules? I probably don't understand the dynamic here, but what kind of pressure can the City Inspector apply in order to make the landlord comply with City Codes and regulations?

Where i'm at, there's two tiers of rented properties. We have free sector and social housing, the social housing isn't taken care of by the government but by corporations, it's a hybrid of free sector and publicly supported housing initiatives. In general these corporations have the ensure the rights of their tenants are respected or they can receive hefty fines and penalties.

If something is wrong you call the manager of the building, who is an employee of the corporation. It is their job to uphold the corporation's commitment to the tenants.

Free sector is a little more lax, since it basically is a contract with the property owner and the tenant directly. The way in which the contracts are set up is by negotiation with the tenants directly. Of course tenants of free sector housing have certain rights as well, but the style of contract allows for more freedom for both parties. Disputes can still be taken to court obviously, but the onus is usually on the tenant if they signed a bad deal as long as the free sector property owner followed the regulations that apply to them.
    AngryIVer African Astronaut [my jade controlled morrigan]
    You sound like a retard and you are going to lost.

1) It's not their problem your electric bill is high. The heater is putting out heat and therefor not broken.

2) Now that you admitted to fucking with it you are responsible not them.

3) They don't have to reimburse you for shit unless already pre-discussed. They also don't have to let you talk to the owner. At all.

4) You say they came "2 or 3 times" to fix "A couple things, then immediately state they only came out once ever.

5) Once again, the roof isn't leaking through two stories and getting into your ceiling. At all.

6) The landlord is trying to sell the building because they're sick of dealing with niggers like you.

You are seriously the most ignorant piece of shit ever. Instead of trying to jedi somebody out of their livelyhood just fucking leave. You've made it pretty obvious to all of us that all you are trying to do is get out of your rent and electric bill. Guess back in July when I called you a retard for even moving there I was right, huh?

You wanna know how this is going to go down? The city inspector isn't going to come because you contradicted yourself multiple times, your landlord is going to take your ass to court and win because you have no legal right to withold rent. He's going to then get everything in escrow, then counter sue for the court costs and lost wages.

Oh, by the way, in the state of Ohio you have to send the landlord a letter then wait 30 days before you can do escrow. I feel like I should have just let you fuck yourself, but it's just going to be 11 threads about it down the line.
    WellHung Black Hole
    Perhaps the building inspectors are fucking too many niggers to care...
    Technologist victim of incest
    I’m not gonna be as angry as Hella, but I don’t think that’ll do much Fona, the inspector may come out, but nothing will come of it. He may give some building code citations to your landlord, if he finds them, and give your landlord 30 days to fix them
    Overall Fona, just let this be a learning experience. You have to research the property you are renting. You could have easily found out what the electric bills were over the last year before you moved in. I promise your electric bill is not wrong. That is a very normal heating bill for those old homes with hardwood floors and drafty windows. I know, I lived in one for 4 years. You need very heavy drapes over your windows, and put your electricity on a budget plan.
    Don’t know what else to tell ya bud, you may have to bite the bullet on this one, and wait it out if you don’t want to ruin your credit and chances of getting another place. Just budget your bill dude.
    Originally posted by Fonaplats I trusted the people at <Landlord> (<adress>) and now I feel they are trying to screw us.

Very professional.
    Wariat Marine/Preteen Biologist
    Originally posted by CASPER You should be documenting all this stuff. Then send certified mail saying you won’t be paying rent until the aforementioned issues are fixed. If they threaten to evict you, tell them have at it. They know it’s a long and expensive process to evict someone. And if your assessment is accurate,there’s a good chance you’d win in court.

I’d do that. Worst case scenario…free rent for 6 months. But you should look Into your states tenants rights and see if you can legally withhold rent until problems are fixed.

What if they threwten to have him jumped thiugh by gang members or assault him themselves? Or simply change the keys on him and move his Stuff? Shit like this happens all the time in Poland bro. Or can.
    I mean the first place I rented out here in Warsaw, this accountwnt lady had set up in the contract thst she could evict you or kick you out in two weeks. And yet if you wanted to move you had to give her a heads up notice of two months. They have these pollak stipulations where it only founts the last day of the month so if you send something the first it is only valid 30 days from the last dsy of the month so essentislly two months.
    Originally posted by Technologist I’m not gonna be as angry as Hella, but I don’t think that’ll do much Fona, the inspector may come out, but nothing will come of it. He may give some building code citations to your landlord, if he finds them, and give your landlord 30 days to fix them
    Overall Fona, just let this be a learning experience. You have to research the property you are renting. You could have easily found out what the electric bills were over the last year before you moved in. I promise your electric bill is not wrong. That is a very normal heating bill for those old homes with hardwood floors and drafty windows. I know, I lived in one for 4 years. You need very heavy drapes over your windows, and put your electricity on a budget plan.
    Don’t know what else to tell ya bud, you may have to bite the bullet on this one, and wait it out if you don’t want to ruin your credit and chances of getting another place. Just budget your bill dude.

I didnt do this either st either the last place i lived or current. How do you find out the bills in general? Just ask the other tenants in the area? My current land lord lives in england and doesnt even have me pay anything for water because he claims poland only sends him the total bill once every like tow or three yrs and he will bill me later.
    But I mean what do you expect for me not to take it when I had to deal with the crazy acocunting lady who wouldnt fix anything earlier and was desperate to move? Its pollack after pollack being the norm here.

Also, Technologist, in Warsaw you dont have the lucury to tske your time and ssk around. Literslly in a single day a few hours if you dont take the apartment or condo or flst someone else will.
    Im sure its the same way in San Franciso. Some places you dont have that luxury or time to do it.
    Calling inspectors seems like a rattex move
    RottenRobert African Astronaut
    Read your Lease Agreement very carefully. Landlord is not responsible for the efficiency of central heating and water heater in your place. Normally the tenant is responsible for replacing burnt out lightbulbs and heating enhancements. As far as windows go they should have screens on them; if you break the glass or screen it comes out of your pocket. Entry doors should have locks on them and don't have to be air tight.

Withholding rent can get you evicted quickly and most likely is mentioned in the Lease Agreement as not being allowed.

QUESTION: Does your building use natural gas for heating?
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    You trying to get an eviction notice?
Jump to Top