User Controls

So apparently I work in Software Testing now

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    I don't know if I should be like "fml" or "woohoo".

It seems like an OK gig. I'll be working with contractors.
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Does anyone have any good resources to learn about it? There is a huge volume of shite out there.
    Bueno motherfucker
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    What sort of resources do you require in order to get good at software testing? And in what capacity will you be testing said software? Will you be doing security testing?
    Originally posted by Bueno That's cool, hope you enjoy it.
    I know some people who really like it.
    Check out Selenium or such, automate your job away.

The job is already automated, but I need to show continuous improvement to get promoted.

Originally posted by Sophie What sort of resources do you require in order to get good at software testing? And in what capacity will you be testing said software? Will you be doing security testing?

Any. In any and all capacities, especially with regards the daily automated tests (note no CI/CD). Not explicitly, but security is everyone's business.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    what sort of software are you testing? ie. is it code analysis or just black box test cases?
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Any. In any and all capacities, especially with regards the daily automated tests (note no CI/CD). Not explicitly, but security is everyone's business.

Fair, and yeah...

Originally posted by aldra what sort of software are you testing? ie. is it code analysis or just black box test cases?

I think it's important to specify this as well, testing web applications obviously involves different procedures and tools than testing software your company produces for a specific purpose, for retail or internal use for instance. If you can get into specifics i can take a look in my resource collection to see if i have anything that might be helpful and/or of interest to you.
    Wariat Marine/Preteen Biologist
    Star Trek what about this sort of job and life though?

What do you see the ups and downs of it and can anyone do it or do you fele it takes talent or a specific perdonality?
    Originally posted by Sophie I think it's important to specify this as well, testing web applications obviously involves different procedures and tools than testing software your company produces for a specific purpose, for retail or internal use for instance. If you can get into specifics i can take a look in my resource collection to see if i have anything that might be helpful and/or of interest to you.

It's full stack and a lot of different products. It's mostly Java on Spring. Using Cucumber and Gherkin for elements of that testing. Jenkins is the task runner. Some web testing using Selenium as well.
    why are test suites named so fucking gayly
    Originally posted by aldra why are test suites named so fucking gayly

IT is a pretty MORALLY SUPERIOR BEING profession at the best of times.
    On the bright side I am working with a bunch of guys who make me look skinny.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    I remember when they tried to bring in some of those testing suites at my old work and started talking about cucumber, gherkin and pecl I just assumed they were joking and making things up
    tee hee hee Naturally Camouflaged [slangily complete this slumberer]
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country On the bright side I am working with a bunch of guys who make me look skinny.

🤣
    Im working as a blogger right now.
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    So would you be patching too? Seems like a pretty sweet gig
    Originally posted by Sudo So would you be patching too? Seems like a pretty sweet gig

Pretty sure it's just documenting any unexpected behaviour and that development do the patching
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country On the bright side I am working with a bunch of guys who make me look skinny.

be sure to wear tight tshirts to work.
    Here ya go Star Trek, some remote opportunities showcased here for you:
    https://readwrite.com/2019/10/07/how-to-earn-an-income-working-from-home/
    My work is so SWPLy it's not even a joke. Right in the most SWPL area of town too.
Jump to Top