User Controls

How many people with an interest in cyber security("Hacking") are still here?

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    I seem to remember on redfern we had about 15 people with a general interest in all things cyber security and i wonder how many of us are left here. What would be cool in my opinion is to have more threads on the subject and some more in depth discussion, hell even if you don't know the first thing about cyber security, there are still enough people here to dump some cool knowlegde on you i imagine(Lanny, SBTlauien, aldra, etc). The good thing about having a number of people with the same interest is that we can share resources, tools and stuff like that so that we can educate ourselves in a collaborative manner. I'm a skid myself and still have so much to learn but i'd be happy to share any knowledge or tools that i am able to.

So if you have an interest in cyber security related materials let me know, and let me know what kind of content you would like to see in this forum and i'll do my best to arrange it for you, whether it's tools, tutorials or a generally related question, i'll do my best to help you out as far as i am able and it'd be cool if everyone else that's able does the same since the power in infosec and IT is our ability to open source knowledge in a productive manner.
    I am hella interested in learning more but I probably wont be able to contribute too much till I get a good base on my shit. I still have a lot more programming/TCP/IP/NETSEC stuff to learn before I can really help out.

plz2BteachingmeNetSec!?!?!?!
    I am hella interested in learning more but I probably wont be able to contribute too much till I get a good base on my shit. I still have a lot more programming/TCP/IP/NETSEC stuff to learn before I can really help out.

plz2BteachingmeNetSec!?!?!?!

Netsec as in actual network security or more loosely the reddit definition(Which is more infosec anyway)? Or with a focus on web app penetration testing, website hacking and stuff like that? I'll tell you straight up front, i have a working knowledge of networking and protocols but networking per say is not my strong suit. With regards to web app, i know the basics of SQLi, XSS and understand the principles behind remote file inclusion and local file inclusion and i could certainly point you in the direction of the various tools that can be used for these purposes and how to operate them semi-proficiently. Think Kali Linux, PentestBox and the like. Beyong that, i could probably teach you some metasploit, how to work several vulnerability scanners and how to use google dorks and some basic manual tests to see if a site is vulnerable to SQL injection and stuff like that.

Like i said tell me what you're looking for specifically and i'll try to provide you with the content you require. If i don't know something, and there's always a high chance of that, i will certainly know some resources that will be helpful in increasing both our understanding of the subject matter at hand. Indeed, collaborative learning is what would make this extra fun and interesting.
    NSA Yung Blood
    https://evilzone.org/
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    I really only know some of the basics to be honests but finding serious security holes in important websites isnt very hard.
    https://evilzone.org/

As if i don't already have an account there. Lulz. They're very knowledgeable and good shit in general, i like the people here better though.
    Merlin Houston
    Yeah, but it's been a minute since I actively pursued anything and mostly the time I'd spend learning a tool I'd rather spend just getting better at programming. I actually just started playing around with scapy the other day. Pretty cool it's like scriptable, slightly more complex aircrack (didn't get as far as injecting packets, but I'm sure it's capable of that?). Sophie do you use scapy at all? Hoping I'll find some sort of inspiration for a project involving crafting / analyzing packets in scapy. Everyone seems to have done wifi crackers and arpspoofers which is definitely cool, but not terribly unique. You could send malformed packets to SYN flood, just my single machine attacking didn't appear to make a noticeable impact on my other machine or router though.
    Yeah, but it's been a minute since I actively pursued anything and mostly the time I'd spend learning a tool I'd rather spend just getting better at programming. I actually just started playing around with scapy the other day. Pretty cool it's like scriptable, slightly more complex aircrack (didn't get as far as injecting packets, but I'm sure it's capable of that?). Sophie do you use scapy at all? Hoping I'll find some sort of inspiration for a project involving crafting / analyzing packets in scapy. Everyone seems to have done wifi crackers and arpspoofers which is definitely cool, but not terribly unique. You could send malformed packets to SYN flood, just my single machine attacking didn't appear to make a noticeable impact on my other machine or router though.

Personally i'm not really into wireless hacking, i mean i hacked my neighbours wifi once but that's it. It doesn't strike me as particularly interesting, although you can do some cool stuff with wireless hacking in general, think evil access point, bluetooth hacks etc. That being said i can't say that i've used scapy but a quick google search reveals that it's a pretty cool tool.

Also, since you mentioned programming, i'd love to get your input in this thread.

http://niggasin.space/forum/technoph...omments-advice
    Merlin Houston
    Personally i'm not really into wireless hacking, i mean i hacked my neighbours wifi once but that's it. It doesn't strike me as particularly interesting, although you can do some cool stuff with wireless hacking in general, think evil access point, bluetooth hacks etc. That being said i can't say that i've used scapy but a quick google search reveals that it's a pretty cool tool.
    Yeah exactly it's kind of boring. The cool thing scapy can do is create packets at any/multiple layers. You could create an IP() packet. Or specify ETH()/IP()/TCP()/HTTP() and configure every aspect of the frame. So the lower layers I could see for LAN tomfoolery, but I'm sure there are even more interesting things you could do at the upper layers. Since everything of this stuff stems from making requests that either directly fuck with something or analyze the response for vulneribilities this would save the time of having to manually creating a packet. You can just create the object and go. Seems like you would need a very in depth knowledge to do anything real tricky with http though. I'm just rambling at this point, but I think it does have potential to be used in almost anything.

Also, since you mentioned programming, i'd love to get your input in this thread.

http://niggasin.space/forum/technoph...omments-advice

See what I found on running it as a windows service, not sure if it's helpful or not. Beyond that, looks pretty slick. I do want to get a better understanding of your key logger code and the concepts in general. As you said before there are a lot of pieces that go into a rat / botnet.
    Yeah exactly it's kind of boring. The cool thing scapy can do is create packets at any/multiple layers. You could create an IP() packet. Or specify ETH()/IP()/TCP()/HTTP() and configure every aspect of the frame. So the lower layers I could see for LAN tomfoolery, but I'm sure there are even more interesting things you could do at the upper layers. Since everything of this stuff stems from making requests that either directly fuck with something or analyze the response for vulneribilities this would save the time of having to manually creating a packet. You can just create the object and go. Seems like you would need a very in depth knowledge to do anything real tricky with http though. I'm just rambling at this point, but I think it does have potential to be used in almost anything.

That's good shit.

See what I found on running it as a windows service, not sure if it's helpful or not.

I have and have posted a reply.

Beyond that, looks pretty slick.

Thank you.

I do want to get a better understanding of your key logger code and the concepts in general. As you said before there are a lot of pieces that go into a rat / botnet.

Indeed, like i mentioned in the other thread though the original backdoor was actually written by bytebleeder on github, i just made it more functional by adding modules for persistence and whatnot. I'm no coding god but i think i have a decent understanding of the original code in general so if you have a specific question i'll try to answer it for you.
    Merlin Houston
    Indeed, like i mentioned in the other thread though the original backdoor was actually written by bytebleeder on github, i just made it more functional by adding modules for persistence and whatnot. I'm no coding god but i think i have a decent understanding of the original code in general so if you have a specific question i'll try to answer it for you.

A project is always the best way to learn.
    A project is always the best way to learn.

I agree.
Jump to Top