User Controls

Bernie Sanders unveils plan to boost broadband access, break up internet and cable titans

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/06/bernie-sanders-releases-broadband-plan-targets-comcast-att-verizon.html?__source=twitter%7Cmain

Bernie is too good for us. #blessed
    Disney+ subscribers crying everywhere

I guess Republicans love their comcast and AT&T
    iam_asiam68 African Astronaut
    bernie would be our current potus had not hillbillary cheated him in the demoncratic primary. how selfish of that dyke!!
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Sanders is going to get JFK'd
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    I see he is focused on the really important stuff...SMH as the lovely donttellem would say.
    AngryIVer African Astronaut [my jade controlled morrigan]
    Originally posted by MexicanMasterRace https://www.cnbc.com/2019/12/06/bernie-sanders-releases-broadband-plan-targets-comcast-att-verizon.html?__source=twitter%7Cmain

Bernie is too good for us. #blessed

Yeah I fucking doubt it. Senile old man.
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson I see he is focused on the really important stuff…SMH as the lovely donttellem would say.

It's pretty vital when America is run by monopolies and standardized internet on par with the rest of the developed world is a daily essential to function.

How does it feel having worse internet speeds than China yet paying significantly more? Internet needs to be a utility. You can't even apply for a job without it now.
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    You don't need super-cheap gigabit internet to apply for a job, it sure would be handy for downloading 4k torrents once i get my UBI though
    ZOMG GUYZ hey, remember how absoultuely nothing happened when net neutrality got repealed except big internet doesn't get an unfair leg up on small businesses because the free market doesn't actively try to destroy itself???

member that???

I do
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    This is the sort of thing people who live in actual first world countries take for granted, but Americans don't get because Americans are cucks.

If Bernie actually did get elected and actually survived his first month in office (a big if due to both natural and unnatural causes) any reforms like this would be blocked the same way they block Trumps immigration plans - with non stop court challenges, nationwide injunctions being issued by random judges in the middle of nowhere, bureaucrats exercising their veto power (which means doing nothing).

And you'll never get your free healthcare OP, not in a zillion years.
    Originally posted by DietPiano ZOMG GUYZ hey, remember how absoultuely nothing happened when net neutrality got repealed except big internet doesn't get an unfair leg up on small businesses because the free market doesn't actively try to destroy itself???

member that???

I do

Literally not even a month after net neutrality was shot down, Comcast started (legally) throttling Netflix and YouTube speeds and now charges extra for watching videos past 480 on mobile. Verizon did similar.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailydot.com/debug/comcast-throttling-internet-speeds/%3famp

https://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2018/07/comcast-starts-throttling-mobile-video-will-charge-extra-for-hd-streams/

Only a matter of time before we start seeing special 'streaming' packages like other countries have. This isn't gonna be instant. It will be slow and gradual so that nobody complains too loudly.

If you don't think anything has been happening, you haven't been paying attention. When will retards like you learn that the free market won't regulate itself? Did you not read anything about the industrial era barons in school? You want to bring back getting paid in employee tokens for the company store? Maybe lets roll back OSHA regulations as well, people will simply get jobs where its safe and the market will fix itself! Hell why do we even have an FDA? Why put a barrier between the people and their freedom of choice to whatever food quality they want! Nutrition label? Ingredients? Fuck that. Its not our job to baby the consumer and make sure things are "fair". And fair to who anyway? It should be fair to corporations if anything. Without those monopolies people would lose their jobs!
Jump to Top