User Controls

Mac vs windows from way back

Wariat Marine/Preteen Biologist
    Crazy how amiga was never even talked about despite being half decade ahead of both till 93 and gpus started taking off or so.

When I was in corcoran i read this book about AMIGA called The future was here.
    AngryIVer African Astronaut [my jade controlled morrigan]
    What's crazy to me is that Amiga is still around. Sure, it's not mainstream as fuck, but it's still a thing that people are into.
    Amiga was just the shit. Especially with video toaster. You could have made Babylon 5 type of graphic animations and shit with it with the fraction of the price that they used before Video toaster came out on professional productions. It was really what Apple should have been and survived instead of Apple. It had multitasking before Apple did as well as color. Real multitasking not like the original mac I mean. IT was just so ahed of its time. It also had this head tv personality that was entirely created in Amiga forgot what he was called he had a tv show.
    Originally posted by Wariat Crazy how amiga was never even talked about despite being half decade ahead of both till 93 and gpus started taking off or so.

It was talked about, and still is. I have 4 of em, I just recapped an Amiga A600 last week.
    But at any of the trade shows. I mean that whole youtube series computer chronicles never mentions it.
    Originally posted by Wariat But at any of the trade shows. I mean that whole youtube series computer chronicles never mentions it.

Um there was a huge Amiga presence at tradeshows in the 80s...and lots of references to it on the Computer Chronicles. However Amiga was much bigger in Europe than USA...and Computer Chronicles was a US program.

Here's the A600 I refurbished last weekend.

Furia Accelerator card
    Gotek floppy emulator
    SD card Hard drive
    Recapped with panasonic caps.
    Retrobrited
    RF modulator taken out and replaced with Svideo out (not pictured)

Waiting on:
    Keyboard membrane
    1mb Memory expansion card

Under consideration
    Indivision ECS scandoubler

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
Jump to Top