User Controls

living life on ur own terms

sounds badass, but really it involves a lot of fucking up and pain. but that gives contrast to the comfort that is the endgoal of life for most humans. if you just take everyone else's advice about what to do, you may be comfortable but its boring and you feel no purpose. you have no purpose either way, but tension creates interesting but not necessarily comfortable facets of reality to explore. in fact a lot of the time, the more uncomfortable an experience is, the more interesting it is.

anyways i was thinking about going traveling a bit and then i started to second guess myself because i started to remember the shitty hostels, exhaustion, loneliness, boredom that at least occasionally accompany the experience. and how the fake sort of "gap year" culture is stupid and those people are all faking their "passion for traveling" and they know fully well they will have a kid and a 9-5 within 2 years of returning. but then i thought of all the random cool shit that happened too. it was almost never anything that was planned for. but when you put yourself in those situations, weird or awesome shit can happen. it always does happen, we're just too busy being comfortable normally.

i could go out of my house right now and go find some random people at a bar or something and start conversations with them. maybe i get a new friend. maybe someone irritates the shit out of me and it gives me a funny story to remember later. maybe i get in a fight and get a bloody nose. maybe i weird someone out, or get a date. maybe i walk around and help someone find their lost dog. idk. it would all be interesting tho right?? but none of that shit happens often because room and stuff. the lull of the comfort is strong. it pulls us in slowly over the course of our lives, making us crave it more and more, encouraging us to take another drink or benzo or candy sit down and just let yourself blank out to the tv or something until we start to nod out and the tv become the gently unfolding waves upon the beach of our dreams. until we reach the maximal amount of comfort, death itself. then the game is complete, you've won, you will never have to live with any sort of pain or craving again.

so maybe we need to convince ourselves that there is something about us that must be a certain way because we just couldn't bear it to be different, so that we are forced to take action to rearrange things in our reality so that our idea of ourselves is correct. but that hasn't worked so well for me in the past, and on some level you always know you're bullshitting yourself, so why not just experience discomfort and weird shit just for the experience?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Rrr African Astronaut
    So did you leave your house

Being NEET is an addiction
    Poast Houston
    It’s not about actually trying one way or another to follow advice or resist it. It’s fun and entertaining to be abrasive in the right situations, with people who are in on the joke or people who can’t negatively impact your life, but it takes a true man of experience to know or be willing to shut the fuck up and listen. You might learn something. Trick is to be able to distinguish which situation calls for what behavior.

Ultimately, you should just be honest with yourself about who you are, your goals and your capabilities. If you can do that, it’s easy to spot when it’s time for jokes and when it’s time to be serious and show respect to an elder. Not everyone who gives you advice is trying to control you. If you live in that mindset, you’ll destroy relationships and opportunities that could have been immensely beneficial to you.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Rrr African Astronaut
    "It takes a true man.."

Manly man confirmed
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Poast It’s not about actually trying one way or another to follow advice or resist it. It’s fun and entertaining to be abrasive in the right situations, with people who are in on the joke or people who can’t negatively impact your life, but it takes a true man of experience to know or be willing to shut the fuck up and listen. You might learn something. Trick is to be able to distinguish which situation calls for what behavior.

Ultimately, you should just be honest with yourself about who you are, your goals and your capabilities. If you can do that, it’s easy to spot when it’s time for jokes and when it’s time to be serious and show respect to an elder. Not everyone who gives you advice is trying to control you. If you live in that mindset, you’ll destroy relationships and opportunities that could have been immensely beneficial to you.

Even though this is common knowledge, you have a way of saying it very softly and with a big stick.

🙉🙊🙈🙊🙈🙉🙈🙊🙈🙊🙈🙉🙈
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    My mom would always scream at me "you always did things the way you wanted!"

And I would tell back "what other way is there!"
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Ha. One time my dad threw a steel chair at me after he caught me me masturbating in his office but the chair missed me and we both laughed.
    Poast Houston
    Originally posted by Rrr Manly man confirmed

Point stands, no matter what you know, being able to shut up and humble yourself is a valuable character trait. Being a trail blazer is important, but what use is it if you're a stubborn prick who can't shut up and listen. It's similar to how you never want to surround yourself with yes men, because you'll never truly know if you're making the wrong decision. Being able to take real criticism, and give it out, is a part of being a well rounded man.

Originally posted by mmQ Even though this is common knowledge

It may not be common knowledge to everyone. OP seems like he's struggling to find the balance. This is the best advice I can give him. Be honest and genuine with yourself and those who clearly want to help you, and just have fun with all the fair weather friends and associates who clearly offer you nothing. If having fun to you is being a prick, do that. But be warned, even the people you'd never expect to impact your life negatively, they'll come back. When you least expect it. So be careful how you play with fire.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    Originally posted by mmQ Ha. One time my dad threw a steel chair at me after he caught me me masturbating in his office but the chair missed me and we both laughed.

Your dad sounds pretty chill. My dad once went through my room and found a bottle of bourbon and pictures I printed of gorls asses and he was like.. "I'm taking this away you.. shouldn't have it but at least I know you're not a gay.."
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Poast But be warned, even the people you'd never expect to impact your life negatively, they'll come back. When you least expect it. So be careful how you play with fire.

Horoscope-tier.

Everyone is everywhere.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby Your dad sounds pretty chill. My dad once went through my room and found a bottle of bourbon and pictures I printed of gorls asses and he was like.. "I'm taking this away you.. shouldn't have it but at least I know you're not a gay.."

My dad never found my pirn because he didnt look for it. He had his own. The plumber found a bottle of vodka in my closet though once and of course my MARM was right there . He apologized to me later one on one sympathetic which was cool.
    Poast Houston
    Originally posted by mmQ Everyone is everywhere.

Call it chance, karma, small world, just desserts. It's real.

I've learned the hard way.
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    Originally posted by mmQ My dad never found my pirn because he didnt look for it. He had his own. The plumber found a bottle of vodka in my closet though once and of course my MARM was right there . He apologized to me later one on one sympathetic which was cool.

ur marm was inspecting the hell out of the plumbing in ur closet
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Poast Call it chance, karma, small world, just desserts. It's real.

I've learned the hard way.

I get it. It's just subjective. You can say your statement with opposite terms and it's true too.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by A College Professor ur marm was inspecting the hell out of the plumbing in ur closet

She was inspecting the plumber's plumbing.

Poast Houston
    Originally posted by mmQ I get it. It's just subjective. You can say your statement with opposite terms and it's true too.

That's the funny thing about subjectivism, it can be used to negate any obvious truth, even when it's right in front of your face. A better word for it would be contrarianism, because really you're just trying to argue that something obvious isn't true so that you look edgy and smart. By all means tho, use subjectivist language to tear down every established foundation this society has, you're gonna fit right in with modernity.
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    Originally posted by Poast That's the funny thing about subjectivism, it can be used to negate any obvious truth, even when it's right in front of your face. A better word for it would be contrarianism, because really you're just trying to argue that something obvious isn't true so that you look edgy and smart. By all means tho, use subjectivist language to tear down every established foundation this society has, you're gonna fit right in with modernity.

WOW, Mind. fucking. blown.

Poast Houston
    Originally posted by A College Professor WOW, Mind. fucking. blown.

I've been doing it for years, that's why it's so easy to spot.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Originally posted by Poast That's the funny thing about subjectivism, it can be used to negate any obvious truth, even when it's right in front of your face. A better word for it would be contrarianism, because really you're just trying to argue that something obvious isn't true so that you look edgy and smart. By all means tho, use subjectivist language to tear down every established foundation this society has, you're gonna fit right in with modernity.

Sure. And if you say something is obviously obvious multiple times in your post then its obvious the thing you're referring to as obvious is obviously obvious.

I think all I was saying is I dont believe in karma and just as many good things happen to "undeserving" people as they do to deserving folk.
    Poast Houston
    Originally posted by mmQ I think all I was saying is I dont believe in karma and just as many good things happen to "undeserving" people as they do to deserving folk.

You're right. Innocent people, especially children, suffer and die for no reason everywhere. How can you quantify that? You can't. I just meant, if you're a scumbag regularly, I feel that not only will you bring about scumbag shit onto yourself, but maybe, possibly, there is evil lurking in our peripherals, shadows, straight up demons or evil spirits, that feed on your fucked up behavior. I'm not claiming anything for certain, just saying, chance/karma, we haven't proven that's it's not cosmic or godly, so don't count your chickens before they hatch.
Jump to Top