User Controls

Show Me the Coffee!

  1. #1
    Fonaplats Dallas [daylong jump-start that nome]
    So ever since buying that Keurig for $8 at Goodwill Chell and I have been drinking k-cups.

    All we have tried is this Kroger k-cup and a Maxwell House mild blend.



    Anyways, we are out of coffee and need more.
    Kinda feeling adventurous.
    What kind of coffee do you like?

    Buying coffee in k-cups is like buying heroin in caps but im not gonna need a whole fucking pot. She wakes up 6 hours before me and we both only drink 1 cup before work so its not sensible to make a whole pot.
  2. #2
    MexicanMasterRace African Astronaut
    Get the reusable ones and fill them yourself. Saves the environment and your wallet. Those kcups are retarded.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  3. #3
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Sophie super fun fact for fona and friends: "Keurig" means "Pristine" in Dutch.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  4. #4
    Erekshun African Astronaut
    Try the Starbucks ones. You will be cool again.
  5. #5
    My wife brings me coffee to bed every morning. We don't stick to buying any particular brand.

    I wouldn't use kcups or coffee maker where boiling water touches plastic though.
  6. #6
    Fonaplats Dallas [daylong jump-start that nome]
    Originally posted by Misguided Russian My wife brings me coffee to bed every morning. We don't stick to buying any particular brand.

    I wouldn't use kcups or coffee maker where boiling water touches plastic though.

    There is nothing wrong with plastic.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  7. #7
    Originally posted by Fonaplats There is nothing wrong with plastic.

    I really wish that you were right; the world would be a better place.

    The researchers bought more than 450 plastic items from stores including Walmart and Whole Foods. They chose products designed to come in contact with food

    The testing showed that more than 70 percent of the products released chemicals that acted like estrogen. And that was before they exposed the stuff to real-world conditions: simulated sunlight, dishwashing and microwaving

    https://www.npr.org/2011/03/02/134196209/study-most-plastics-leach-hormone-like-chemicals
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
  8. #8
    MexicanMasterRace African Astronaut
    Did you actually read the study? The link in that article doesn't work so I had to find it here.

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3222987/

    It says even sunlight or microwaving BPA free plastics can release estrogen.

    I wanted to check how affective the levels of estrogen from plastics were and according to this study it barely registers

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4088324/

    If you look at the estrogenic activity in the first study you'll see that they BARELY meet EC50 standards which you can see here. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4088324/table/T1/?report=objectonly Many are under depending on the substance.

    You are probably worse off eating garlic unless you're regularly leaving your plastics 2ft from a lamp, microwaving it for 20 minutes, or washing it in the dishwasher and somehow retaining all the liquid/estrogens released by the plastic instead of them just washing away?

    "Plastic releases estrogen" is a scary sounding sentence but all you have to do is look at HOW MUCH it releases and HOW MUCH is actually effective to see that this probably isn't a thing to worry about unless you are sexy with your masculinity. In which case, you should also avoid garlic, sesame seeds, strawberries, black beans, wine, bread, peanuts, etc.
  9. #9
    A College Professor victim of incest [your moreover breastless limestone]
    yes yes golem we get it with all of your false outrage
  10. #10
    MexicanMasterRace African Astronaut
    Originally posted by A College Professor yes yes golem we get it with all of your false outrage

    I'm not the one with false outrage, Dave.
  11. #11
    Fonaplats Dallas [daylong jump-start that nome]
    It does explain all my coworkers and our girlish figures.
  12. #12
    This is the coffee of the now for me btw

  13. #13
    Originally posted by MexicanMasterRace Did you actually read the study? The link in that article doesn't work so I had to find it here.

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3222987/

    It says even sunlight or microwaving BPA free plastics can release estrogen.

    I wanted to check how affective the levels of estrogen from plastics were and according to this study it barely registers

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4088324/

    If you look at the estrogenic activity in the first study you'll see that they BARELY meet EC50 standards which you can see here. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4088324/table/T1/?report=objectonly Many are under depending on the substance.

    You are probably worse off eating garlic unless you're regularly leaving your plastics 2ft from a lamp, microwaving it for 20 minutes, or washing it in the dishwasher and somehow retaining all the liquid/estrogens released by the plastic instead of them just washing away?

    "Plastic releases estrogen" is a scary sounding sentence but all you have to do is look at HOW MUCH it releases and HOW MUCH is actually effective to see that this probably isn't a thing to worry about unless you are sexy with your masculinity. In which case, you should also avoid garlic, sesame seeds, strawberries, black beans, wine, bread, peanuts, etc.

    What about the fact that plastic is everywhere? What about the various types of xenoestrogens? They are not all the same, and some have a higher affinity or activity than others.

    Today you're better off consuming food products that have weak estrogenic properties but with high affinity simply to reduce the effects of much stronger xenoestrogens that have a lower affinity.

    Did you try the mexican hrt method of going to the dump and sucking up sun exposed juices from plastic taco bell containers?

  14. #14
    K cups are for faggots you should kill self
  15. #15
    DietPiano Naturally Camouflaged
    You know you can make way less than a pot with a coffee maker right?
  16. #16
    MexicanMasterRace African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Misguided Russian This is the coffee of the now for me btw


    lol that cheap granite composite again
  17. #17
    I just buy coffee from Tim Hortons because I'm too hung over to clean anything ever
  18. #18
    MexicanMasterRace African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Misguided Russian What about the fact that plastic is everywhere? What about the various types of xenoestrogens? They are not all the same, and some have a higher affinity or activity than others.

    Today you're better off consuming food products that have weak estrogenic properties but with high affinity simply to reduce the effects of much stronger xenoestrogens that have a lower affinity.

    Did you try the mexican hrt method of going to the dump and sucking up sun exposed juices from plastic taco bell containers?


    Yeah, you can make your wild assertions all you like, but unless you have a study it doesn't mean anything. All you posted was a sensationalized article and you bought into it without doing any research.
  19. #19
    Fonaplats Dallas [daylong jump-start that nome]


    Going to try this kind.
Jump to Top