User Controls

I am the most educated on topics of philosophy, religion and spirituality

Ask me anything on these subjects. I wont passive aggressively insult you but rather have an open and honest and fair educational discussion.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Sweet, so what do you think about Two Dogmas and do you think we can find a natural basis for the synthetic/analytic distinction?
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Someone mentioned the "soul problem" in another thread, can you explain what the soul problem is?
    Sweet, so what do you think about Two Dogmas and do you think we can find a natural basis for the synthetic/analytic distinction?

reading the paper now. Will reply when done. Regarding the natural basis for synthetic/analytic distinction would I think it would be easier to find a natural basis for synthetic rather than analytic. That is if you hold to the view that there is a difference between these things.
    Someone mentioned the "soul problem" in another thread, can you explain what the soul problem is?

Are you referring to the mind soul problem? You need to be a bit more clear as this may be a specific problem I am unaware of or you are referring to a problem with souls in a general sense. If it is the latter I would suggest looking into metempsychosis which discusses the transmigration of the soul and palingenesis discussing the reincarnation of the soul. If you are to adhere to the former doctrine you believe death breaks a soul-body bond with the soul being temporarily freed from its mortal shackle of the body. Perhaps the problem is a literal vs alegorical interpretation. If you clarify I can do the same.
    you are a shaman man
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by thelittlestnigger Are you referring to the mind soul problem? You need to be a bit more clear as this may be a specific problem I am unaware of or you are referring to a problem with souls in a general sense. If it is the latter I would suggest looking into metempsychosis which discusses the transmigration of the soul and palingenesis discussing the reincarnation of the soul. If you are to adhere to the former doctrine you believe death breaks a soul-body bond with the soul being temporarily freed from its mortal shackle of the body. Perhaps the problem is a literal vs alegorical interpretation. If you clarify I can do the same.

I don't know what the term "soul problem" was in reference to, as it is new to me.

But for now, let's forget about that. I tend to think that philosophy, religion and spirituality are attempts at answering the big questions in life. As someone who is educated on these topic what, in your opinion, is the best way to answer a question like "what am I"?

Post last edited by Open Your Mind at 2016-11-14T16:43:15.180027+00:00
Jump to Top