User Controls

What is Proper Enthusiasm?

What is your interpretation of proper enthusiasm? Is there an improper enthusiasm?
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I would say there is no such thing as improper enthusiasm because what we are enthusiastic about could never be interpreted as incorrect if we ourselves feel genuine about it, regardless of the nature of our enthusiasm (ie gore, death, "sin", deviancy, etc.) Really I guess this is a matter of semantics and is more or less just a weird way of asking 'what is right? what is wrong?' But yeah, if you're enthused, you're enthused. Roight propa m8, no matter what.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    I would say there is no such thing as improper enthusiasm because what we are enthusiastic about could never be interpreted as incorrect if we ourselves feel genuine about it, regardless of the nature of our enthusiasm (ie gore, death, "sin", deviancy, etc.) Really I guess this is a matter of semantics and is more or less just a weird way of asking 'what is right? what is wrong?' But yeah, if you're enthused, you're enthused. Roight propa m8, no matter what.

Wisdom.
    Energy with manners.

But yeah, if you're enthused, you're enthused. Roight propa m8, no matter what.

I really do agree with this. But I got the question from reading the I Ching. It does say there is improper enthusiasm and goes on to say the same old esoteric jumbo about ego and desire and all manner of jazz. It ends with the notion that this type of enthusiasm brings bad tidings. Or something to that effect. Probably.

So I guess if we disregard that the passage described spoke of enthusiasm and replaced it with exertion would you be more inclined to agree? I.e. improper exertion brings bad tidings. Or something to that effect. Probably.
Jump to Top