User Controls

Pollution is kind of a false concept.

We didn't come here from another planet, so whatever we do it's nature taking it's course. So fuck it, lets pollute (within reason).
    EXACTLY!!!!!!!!. Although it is proven we alter our plants with industrialism.

http://www.fs.fed.us/psw/publications/documents/psw_gtr195/psw_gtr195_2_10_Temple.pdf

The first visible
    signs of foliar O3 injury are chlorotic areas on the upper leaf surface, which reflect
    the permanent loss of photosynthetic capacity in the chloroplasts of the underlying
    cells.
    In broad-leaved plants these lesions usually are sharply defined by the network
    of leaf veins and veinlets, producing a chlorotic stipple over the leaf surface. In
    conifers, particularly in pines, the injury is more diffuse, producing a characteristic
    O3 injury pattern known as chlorotic mottle. As O3 injury accumulates, the leaf
    appears to age prematurely, leading to accelerated senescence and abscission of older
    leaves. The reduction in both rate of photosynthesis and amount of photosynthetic
    tissue in plants exposed to O3 can lead to significant reductions in total amounts of
    carbon fixed over the course of the growing season, with concomitant reductions in
    carbohydrates available for repair, growth, reproduction, and defense (Heath and
    Taylor 1997).

mmQ Lisa Turtle
    My buddies and I in high school (and I'm not proud of this) used to very much enjoy driving around getting stoned and yelling 'RANDOM LITTERING' as we threw out cans and wrappers along our journey. Cool story, I know.
    Pollution is bad not because it is pollution and it is bad but it's bad for the same reasons you don't spray paint all over your walls or throw trash on your floor. If you do that, you're a low life piece of shit and do not deserve a say in our worldly affairs. We should take care of our planet because it is our planet and our kid's planet and our grandkid's planet and so on. If you don't give a fuck about the planet, well, there's plenty of people who do.
    oatking Yung Blood
    Pollution is bad not because it is pollution and it is bad but it's bad for the same reasons you don't spray paint all over your walls or throw trash on your floor. If you do that, you're a low life piece of shit and do not deserve a say in our worldly affairs. We should take care of our planet because it is our planet and our kid's planet and our grandkid's planet and so on. If you don't give a fuck about the planet, well, there's plenty of people who do.

Im which you on this. Maybe this has something to do with getting old, but I find that the constant noise, the smell of exhaust, and other such shit just make me more tired. Like, whenever I live in a new place, it takes me days to find that one good spot where I can go and read books that's quiet, clean, no fucking kids, no people asking you for money.

Also, as much as I fucking love industrialism in all its forms (the architecture, smells, sounds) I gotta admit that there's no better rest than going deep inna woods for a few days.

So yeah, pollution means less rest, less comfort.

Light pollution fucks with my Galileo-esque activities, I have never been able to use a telescope or stargaze effectively. Even in a small town of 5000 population I was surrounded by industry and I never saw shit. The only time I saw a clear starry night was when I was near Alaska a few hundred miles north in the oil fields and I was so far up that the sun never went down very often but when it did the view was fantastic.

Jump to Top