User Controls

Don't wash your vegetables

You honestly think the FDA would allow grocery stores to sell food with traces of pesticides and shit? yeah right, thats just a corporate lie to make you think you're getting farm fresh produce and not some factory greenhouse fake GMO bullshit.

And wouldn't washing it just splash the pesticides and germs all over your sink and cutting board anyways? Also introducing moisture to a vegetable, and then cutting it exposing more moisture and putting it in a moist fridge will cut its shelf life in half
    6011UM Tuskegee Airman
    Yeah but everyone molests the produce with their nasty AIDS hands
    water doesn't destroy germs better than heat (cooking)
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by 6011UM Yeah but everyone molests the produce with their nasty AIDS hands

That's pretty racist bro. The migrant workers who pick and handle our produce are just as clean as you and I. I don't think it's right to assume they're dirty just because they're foreign.

(That's always how it comes across to me when my mom says something like that anyway.)
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Originally posted by HTS That's pretty racist bro. The migrant workers who pick and handle our produce are just as clean as you and I. I don't think it's right to assume they're dirty just because they're foreign.

(That's always how it comes across to me when my mom says something like that anyway.)

At least as clean as we would be. For instance Mexicans shit on lettuce and spread ecoli, true. But only because whites aren't doing the job. Do whites not shit?
    Originally posted by 6011UM Yeah but everyone molests the produce with their nasty AIDS hands

You molest produce with your aids anus.
    I produce molests
    Technologist victim of incest
    Originally posted by HTS That's pretty racist bro. The migrant workers who pick and handle our produce are just as clean as you and I. I don't think it's right to assume they're dirty just because they're foreign.

I thought he was talking about customers touching the produce, with thoughts of buying it. I could be wrong, of course!šŸ„—šŸ„¬šŸ„¦
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by Technologist I thought he was talking about customers touching the produce, with thoughts of buying it. I could be wrong, of course!šŸ„—šŸ„¬šŸ„¦

I'm sure you aren't wrong. :p
    Technologist victim of incest
    God only knows, Iā€™m wrong a lot!šŸ˜›
    6011UM Tuskegee Airman
    Originally posted by Technologist I thought he was talking about customers touching the produce, with thoughts of buying it. I could be wrong, of course!šŸ„—šŸ„¬šŸ„¦

You're right! Does HTS even go grocery shopping? Those people are fucking disgusting. They sneeze and cough on everything then pick through the apples like they're cooking for Gordon Ramsey
    you really think running some water over it is gonna kill all those germs and bacteria

Do you use hot soapy water? if not its pointless
    6011UM Tuskegee Airman
    Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood you really think running some water over it is gonna kill all those germs and bacteria

Do you use hot soapy water? if not its pointless

99% of washing things is just abrasion. Dish soap doesnt kill germs, its just good for removing stuff. This is why the food industry uses a separate sanitizer.

And yes, I cook my vegetables. And for what I dont cook, washing is better than not washing.
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Originally posted by 6011UM This is why the food industry uses a separate sanitizer.

Citric acid? It's also an anti-oxidant, so makes food last longer.

But I wonder if it's one of the reasons why home cooked food makes you feel better than processed. Who knows what that shit does in the gut.
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by 6011UM You're right! Does HTS even go grocery shopping? Those people are fucking disgusting. They sneeze and cough on everything then pick through the apples like they're cooking for Gordon Ramsey

I've never been in a grocery store. Stocking the pantry is what servants are for.

That said, my mom says the same kinda thing about produce like this:

Which kind of eliminates the "gross customer manhandling" angle. Y'know? Racist old biddy.
    6011UM Tuskegee Airman
    Your point?
    6011UM Tuskegee Airman
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Citric acid? It's also an anti-oxidant, so makes food last longer.

But I wonder if it's one of the reasons why home cooked food makes you feel better than processed. Who knows what that shit does in the gut.

Not citric acid.

I don't know what it is but unfortunately I've tasted it and it is not citric acid.

I'm talking about restaurants. There's a removing grease and bacteria physical stuff, then there's the sanitizing. Two steps. So like i said, dish soap doesnt kill bacteria
    Incognito2u African Astronaut
    Some dish soaps are anti-bacterial according to their claims
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Just give em a quick little rinse and rub down with cold water to get the foofies and glunks off.

'FerYerHelth'
    6011UM Tuskegee Airman
    Originally posted by Incognito2u Some dish soaps are anti-bacterial according to their claims

Some but they don't work as well as real sanitizer. A restaurant would get shut down without two step washing.
Jump to Top