User Controls

Thinking of a new business idea

Wariat Marine/Preteen Biologist
    ‪I have more than 17 thousand polish zlote right now I am sitting on and this should last me at least three months not working or doing anything. So now I am thinking of investing some of it into projects for the future and me continuing to function remtoely with internet business ideas. One idea and this is the main business I want to get into is domain purchasing and registration. I am thinking of buying a hunch of domain names related to the ‪Virtual reality and artificial intelligence industries while sitting on them on godaddy’s auction with the added benefit of all the advertisement godaddy offers for their premium auction listings (and even advertise it via google Adwords as well separately with maybe a grand going into this). I may even make some sites to shoe the potential of the domain via google Sites. I plan on purchasing like 100 such domains, may make like six template like sites all looking similar and offer to either sell them via godaddy or privately off my main site: artisticcoutnerculture with money exchsnging hands via paypal or bank transfer and away from godaddy’s control. What do you guys think? I havent yet figured out how to transfer registar or things related to transfer of the domains (how that works once someone purchases the site or domain from me) so if any of you guys want in on this gig and know how this transfer shit works let me know.‬
    can i borrow 200 zloty homie?
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    I think I own soy.ie, keep meaning to do something with that.
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    I own a couple of other .ie sites too. The only thing about owning domains is the annual charges add up.

And I don't actually have any of them set up with a site or for sale, but I should do that.
    I own some will post them here later or in a bit.
    earachemy.ie

What gave me this idea is I used to work for the guy who got his whole career start and business off selling sex.com for millions of dolalrs. He calls his business xf invesrments.
    i know a guy that got rich buying MTV.com before MTV did

they tried to sue him
    So did they buy it off him in the end or before they tried to sue him?
    If you know of expanding companies it's worthwhile to grab their name at .ie and .pl etc before they do, as they often use local domains as they expand.

For instance microsoft.ie or ovh.ie or whatever.
    That is true thwt they have new url endings like .io and blockchain onces now and this industry is ripe and will only grow as the big players want their brand across all domain potentials in search.
    However, i am alsoo thinking of just grabbing variations like mispselling of them because some people misspell microsoft as mcrosoft ir something and instead of getting an error they cna be redirected.
    Originally posted by Wariat So did they buy it off him in the end or before they tried to sue him?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Curry#Web_and_MTV.com

"Curry registered the then-unclaimed domain name "mtv.com" in 1993 with the idea of being MTV's unofficial new voice on the Internet. Although this move was sanctioned by his superiors at MTV Networks at the time, when Curry left to start his own web-portal design and hosting company, OnRamp Inc, MTV subsequently sued him for the domain name.

OnRamp eventually grew to 4,000 employees and was sold to Think New Ideas Inc., another company that he co-founded, becoming Chief Technology Officer of Think. In 1996, as the Internet was undergoing its "bubble", the company made an initial public offering on NASDAQ under the ticker symbol THNK. It subsequently grew to employ over 7400 people and with offices in seven countries, and was absorbed into Answerthink Inc., in a later merger."
    .io is geek shit and the blockchain tlds are a meme.

You should try selling your services doing SEO, it's fairly easy, you just take credit for anything good that happens with traffic, and blame anything bad that happens on things that had nothing to do with you, like the weather.
    The whole idea would be for the bit corps to work with me and purchase the do ain off me for a crapload of money once I convince them to.
    I can even make like an offbrand mcirosoft site or even use someof their public domain assets to make them look syupid to convince them to purchase the domain and site off me wnd redirect it or change it to their liking.
    When I was working full time in 2014 I was gonna buy a bunch of vape juice domains they were $100 each back then. I looked at the same domains a while back and they are worth 7x as much

If only my life wasn't so unstable and retarded I feel like I could have made a lot of money by now. The thing with domains though is that you don't make the money very quickly. It's more like an investment that you are hoping gains value as you hold it

Originally posted by Wariat I can even make like an offbrand mcirosoft site or even use someof their public domain assets to make them look syupid to convince them to purchase the domain and site off me wnd redirect it or change it to their liking.

you know how to use dreamweaver and shit?
    Well, you are an expert mis-speller, so that may be a good idea.
    I wouldn't recommend Dreamweaver these days, as it doesn't seem to have kept up with the times.
    you should invest in a digital writing tool like grammarly. Those things used to freak me out because I can imagine a world where all technology does that automatically and humans forget how to type or speak properly and just communicate with grunts and p90nch teh k4ys 2 mak da wo0dds luk liek wurds and the entire internet is NPC autocorrect but then I see people like you and I know what this software is meant for

Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country I wouldn't recommend Dreamweaver these days, as it doesn't seem to have kept up with the times.

dang
    im old skool
    Still fucking with html and forgetting to use redstone repeaters because i make em myself with torches
Jump to Top