User Controls

Best VPN/Which do you use and why?

Narc Space Nigga [connect my yokel-like scolytidae]
    Never hear VPNs mentioned much on here which is funny coz I'd imagine many of us have cause to use them. So which you use and why? What's best? Free Vs paid? etc, get discussing this very important issue..

Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    Do I need one? Will it prevent the NSA from capturing my data?
    it certainly helps

That video is not allowed in my country....weird.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!

My IP blocked that site. Are you on a list? Maybe I have a VPN and don't know it.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Mullvad
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    I used Mullvad for a month at Aldra's suggestion, bought the subscription anonymously with bitcoin. It was very good, I'd recommend it.
    Honestly I should use it more, I mostly just turn it on for torrenting but since I started working again I rent a seed box for that anyway. I have it set to autoconnect on my laptop but it interferes with my ping on my gayming computer and I usually forget to reconnect it on my phone
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Originally posted by aldra Honestly I should use it more, I mostly just turn it on for torrenting but since I started working again I rent a seed box for that anyway. I have it set to autoconnect on my laptop but it interferes with my ping on my gayming computer and I usually forget to reconnect it on my phone

Do you have a seedbox provider you can recommend?
    I'm using the minimum tier on seedhost.eu, pretty competitive price wise and never had speed or reliability issues. most of the other places I looked at were geared toward much higher usage
    My thoughts on free VPNs are that its an issue thats just not worth cheaping out on. who agrees/disagrees?

6011UM Tuskegee Airman
    Originally posted by aldra Mullvad

Why do you use Mullvad over others?
    Originally posted by 6011UM Why do you use Mullvad over others?

who are you, you don't look very familiar round here?

you know we have a user here called §m£ÂgØL tho, he's huge like you so you guys could be friends having your huge size in common like that. maybe you guys could be gym buddies.

Originally posted by 6011UM Why do you use Mullvad over others?

Performance is decent and they have exits in most regions, but more importantly they don't want any PI. They recommend you pay via BTC and don't ask for any information, not even a username or password - they just generate a long ID code for you to use to authenticate.
    Originally posted by aldra Performance is decent and they have exits in most regions, but more importantly they don't want any PI. They recommend you pay via BTC and don't ask for any information, not even a username or password - they just generate a long ID code for you to use to authenticate.

that's how it should be, way too many companies want your info nowadays. i was in my bank the other day and coz i'd changed my phone number needed to change it with the bank coz they text you a code to do online transfers to make sure its you. she asked me for my email and i just said i don't have one. she started insisting i gave her my email and said the system won't let her change my number unless i give them my email address. after huffing and puffing about it i just gave a 'no@body.com' kind of email address. fucking jokers.

why do you guys use VPNs?
    for one i hookup onto my neighbors wifi and chuck him a tenner a month. so i use a vpn so that he doesn't get a comeback from anything i do like streaming movies or dl'ing music etc. wouldn't be fair to do that to him and could lose me a cheap and handy internet connection.

Admin African Astronaut
    Originally posted by fucking_weirdo why do you guys use VPNs?

Activities.
Jump to Top