User Controls

Vice City has aged like sour milk

Japan-Is-Eternal Naturally Camouflaged
    I tried playing Vice City on my PS4 last night, they upped the internal resolution and couple that with widescreen mode the game looks like it could have been released today .... but the graphics are still the same as they were in 2002.
    I was 11 years old when this game came out and extremely hyped, I made a poster of teaser screenshots (bullshots) Rockstar had released and put it up on my wall, I would stare at that for hours every single day until it was released.
    I was so excited for a new Grand Theft Auto, the game wouldn't live up to my hopes (it wasn't nearly as epic as GTA3) but I was very satisfied with having a new map to explore, motorbikes and a host of new weapons....
    But man oh shit has this game aged, not just the character models that look like PS1 tier, but the bland map with so few pedestrians, the primitive car damage effects etc
    I booted up GTA V right after and realized that the game isn't so bad as I thought, it's just a cookie cutter experience but more refined.
    Modern GTA is still GTA, it is just much more refined and considering it's 20 years later they have a whole new generation to target, which is used to garbage modernity.

NOW if only they would remake the 3D trilogy but keep the cartoony game design (maybe they could make it semi cell shaded)
Jump to Top