User Controls

Isotope variance

Greenspam African Astronaut
    It's interesting watching Oak Island where they find something like a lead cross that by taking it to a lab, this lab uses a laser which in seconds can say it's lead ( as expected) but where the location of the lead came from. Yet unlike soil where I can see you can determine soil samples by what's decayed in clay or specific combinations of different rock in specific percentage of combinations is specific to a location of the world; from watching similar stories yet lead is lead and gold is gold. How can you determine where on earth it comes from?
    Since the use of lasers evaluating metal, I'm sure they have a global shared data bank that can spit up a very accurate location of raw ore n such but how do you determine refined down to near pure metal to its exact location if all impuritance is melted out.
    Isotopic Standard Analisis/Basics/Standards to populate around/

Oddly enough I'm watching the next episode and there going through the sequence and conducting of how they break it down.. So it's not so fluid.

We're still not that advance it seems.
    Isotopic Standard Analisis/Basics/Standards to populate around/Galina
    And now they explain. Lead comes in clusters of metal it's including silver as well as semi-precious stones and nano partica of mixed ore in combinations can pinpoint where on earth it came from. An earthly thumbprint of sort.

Amazing.
    Bumped!

Yep
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Radioactive decay can tell you a lot, as different isotopes emit particles/rays of different energies when they decay, and that can be measured.
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Radioactive decay can tell you a lot, as different isotopes emit particles/rays of different energies when they decay, and that can be measured.

Yep.. But it's neat that a collective group around the world have gathered data.. Of course the powers in control could manipulate this form of science for their best interest.

The biggest jobs coming out of Universities these days is Gemmology, bio tech related as well as cell dividing?, Data analytics and computer science.

All of this can be used for good purposes of solving mysteries yet manipulated for personal or selfish reasons.
Jump to Top