User Controls

Recommend me an animu.

Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    As the title says. I particularly enjoyed the following and if you know another one like it i'd be interested to know.

Kill la Kill
    Code Geass
    Death Note
    Tenjou Tenge
    Darker Than Black
    Black Butler
    Rozen Maiden
    Stein's Gate
    Elfen Lied
    No Game No Life(Anyone know if and when the second season will come out?)
    Tokyo Ghoul
    Basilisk.

My favorite genres are: Psychological, action, mystery. But if you have a nice Slice of Life or Comedy anime i might be persuaded to watch them. My sister tells me Oreno Highschool Host Club is pretty lulzy but from what i've seen it's pretty much a shojo anime so idk if i will enjoy that.

Also i am down with any moe and/or echi shit so lay it on me.
    outline Yung Blood

Aku no Hana - love triangle between a deviant, his exploiter, and beautiful girl. rotoscope. great ambient soundtrack. one of my favorites
    Knights of Sidona (2 seasons) - exiled humans battle alien species in outer space. nice animation
    Black Bullet - guy battles other guys/aliens with his super-human loli partner
    Death Parade - a bar owner and his assistant play games with recently the deceased and judge whether their souls should be reborn or sent to a void

Aku no Hana - love triangle between a deviant, his exploiter, and beautiful girl. rotoscope. great ambient soundtrack. one of my favorites
    Knights of Sidona (2 seasons) - exiled humans battle alien species in outer space. nice animation
    Black Bullet - guy battles other guys/aliens with his super-human loli partner
    Death Parade - a bar owner and his assistant play games with recently the deceased and judge whether their souls should be reborn or sent to a void

Black Bullet and Death Parade sound good. I might check them out, thanks. If anyone has any more feel free to post i'll be watching trailers etc.
    Shodan Yung Blood
    Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

Best ongoing anime in all the genre's it encompasses. Trust me, I've seen all the anime in your list... JJBA is on a whole notha level. Theirs more badass action, excitement, thrills, suspense, and lulz in a single episode, than most anime have in an entire season. Exceptionally superb soundtrack and animation.

Ouran highschool host club was pretty lulzy when I saw it like 9 years ago, but I remember it started kinda going downhill after the first half of the series.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Another: Hands down the best horror offering in anime. People go nuts for Shiki but it's shit and it art is shit compared to Another. Atmosphere out the ass, very mind-fuck-y/psychological, doesn't cuck you on the ending. One of the few entries in the horror genre, anime or otherwise, that has characters that aren't dumb as shit while maintaining a sense of mystery throughout (as opposed to the usual stupid protagonists or survival-horror angle where the fear of the unknown element is lost at the point someone figures out the big secret).

Bakemonogatari: Supernatural romance that plays against all the usual tropes of that genre. Slow moving and atmospheric, hot and cold with the fan service angle. "Artsy"

Usagi Drop: Tragedy/super-cute heart-warmer. Loli bonus, might want to pick up the manga since the anime cuts out before she goes all delores on the protag.

Yuyushiki: Carve your heart out with cuteness slice-of-life, significant yuri themes. It's so artificially sweet that it wraps back around into being an interesting exercise in genre excesses that dances between nihilism and the existential absurd. Or just cute girls doing cute things that's cuter and girlier than any other contender. Depends on your outlook I guess. I think of it as being to SoL as KlK is to action/fight anime but a bit more subtle.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Another: Hands down the best horror offering in anime. People go nuts for Shiki but it's shit and it art is shit compared to Another. Atmosphere out the ass, very mind-fuck-y/psychological, doesn't cuck you on the ending. One of the few entries in the horror genre, anime or otherwise, that has characters that aren't dumb as shit while maintaining a sense of mystery throughout (as opposed to the usual stupid protagonists or survival-horror angle where the fear of the unknown element is lost at the point someone figures out the big secret).

Awesome, i do love me some horror animu.

Bakemonogatari: Supernatural romance that plays against all the usual tropes of that genre. Slow moving and atmospheric, hot and cold with the fan service angle. "Artsy"

Will check out.

Usagi Drop: Tragedy/super-cute heart-warmer. Loli bonus, might want to pick up the manga since the anime cuts out before she goes all delores on the protag.

WAT!? No loli love in the anime? ;_;

Yuyushiki: Carve your heart out with cuteness slice-of-life, significant yuri themes. It's so artificially sweet that it wraps back around into being an interesting exercise in genre excesses that dances between nihilism and the existential absurd. Or just cute girls doing cute things that's cuter and girlier than any other contender. Depends on your outlook I guess. I think of it as being to SoL as KlK is to action/fight anime but a bit more subtle.

I'm a sucker for kawaii girls. Especially over the top kawaii girls.
    Lucky Star
    Panty Stocking
    Hellsing
    Umineko no Naku Koro ni
    FLCL

not an anime but has lots of depth and is a good VN.
    katawa shoujo, dat based Misha.
    Shodan Yung Blood

I watched a bit of Yuyushiki last night. I found it incredibly stupid and unfunny... it's just dumb schoolgirl's goofing off. Aside from some light fan service, it seem's clean enough for actual elementary schoolgirls to watch, and what is up with that simple cartoonish art? It's like a cross between Nichijou and Madoka's art, but way worse. Seriously, slice of life is a garbage genre that almost never produces anything worth watching... even Watamote which was moderately funny and amusing in the beginning, just became really sad and depressing with random moment's of intense fremdschämen.

OP if you want mad sexy and kawaii girls then you wanna watch a harem... best I've seen off the top of my head are To Love Ru, Tenchi Muyo, Rosario x Vampire, Highschool Dxd, and My Bride is a Mermaid. If you want loli's I'd recommend Kodomo no Jikan, which although littered with fan service also has a really good plot.

Would also recommend Ninja Scroll, which is similar Basilisk, but soooo much better. Brutal AF ninja gorefest.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    I watched a bit of Yuyushiki last night. I found it incredibly stupid and unfunny… it's just dumb schoolgirl's goofing off. Aside from some light fan service, it seem's clean enough for actual elementary schoolgirls to watch, and what is up with that simple cartoonish art? It's like a cross between Nichijou and Madoka's art, but way worse. Seriously, slice of life is a garbage genre that almost never produces anything worth watching… even Watamote which was moderately funny and amusing in the beginning, just became really sad and depressing with random moment's of intense fremdschämen.

So if you're not into slice of life yet then yuyushiki probably isn't the place to start. Have you tried K-ON? It at least has a tangible concept that justifies the kawaii.

I have a hard time explaining SoL to people who don't already get it, partly because I enjoy it on two very different levels. So like there's the obvious level right, cute klutzy girls are just plain fun to watch on their own. Some people don't respond the same way, which I sometimes thinks from people taking themselves or what they're watching too seriously, but I'm fully ready to chalk it up to different strokes. What doesn't fly though is shonen fight anime fans who think their prefered time sink has some kind of moral superiority. Even the worst trope out of SoL is no worse than the level of cringe that your typical "impossible odds" training sequence/surprise reversal/triumph though determination situation invokes, which is so painfully predictable and a cornerstone of like 95% of shonen.

And then the other level of slice of life is that is really challenges core assumptions in story telling that have existed, largely unquestioned, since Aristotle. It's not only possible but actually commonplace to watch a half hour or hour of slice of life anime and never encounter anything that resembles the classical definition of conflict. The best of the genre invites us to look at drama devoid of plot, a sort of transcendent emptiness, and asks us as intelligent genre savvy viewers to embrace that total malformation of story as pleasurable. This is what I meant when I brought up existential absurdism. When you spend a half hour of your life watching animated highschool girls making bad puns and doing nothing of import and still enjoying yourself you realize first how your pleasure in that experience is self-caused, that is you enjoy this because you choose as a radically free being to enjoy it, and secondly it brings to light the fact that all the classical model of drama is not a pattern laid into the world by god or human nature but by man and as humans we can, at any point, opt to reject or affirm that element of our being. When we enjoy watching meaningless cuteness the pleasure of doing so is not diminished by the fact our enjoyment is arbitrary but in fact enhanced because we realize that we alone are responsible for the meaning and joy we get out of it. In so doing we are liberated from our dependency on any external force for our satisfaction and realize that we are no man's slave, our very nature, our essence, is malleable and is preceded my our will to be otherwise. Namely our will to enjoy watching animated japanese schoolgirls goof around.
    You should have been an arts major Lanny.
    Shodan Yung Blood
    Now that I think of it there is one slice of life anime I rather enjoyed... Aria

These reviews excerpts pretty much sum up what I loved so much about the series

[FONT=sans-serif][SIZE=14px]"a masterpiece of storytelling and illustration, gorgeous to look at and a feast for the young imagination in its ability to present an inviting, fully realized world."[/SIZE][/FONT]Aqua[FONT=sans-serif][SIZE=14px] and [/SIZE][/FONT]Aria[FONT=sans-serif][SIZE=14px] together have been praised for their joyful calm, vividly depicted futuristic world,moments of magic, and sense of whimsy.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=sans-serif][SIZE=14px]Amano's artwork is praised for her crisp lines and details, especially in the backgrounds and landscapes.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=sans-serif][SIZE=14px]
    The anime has been praised for its quiet atmosphere, beautiful visuals, especially the backgrounds and character designs, and exceptional soundtrack. Anime News Network described the first season as "a gorgeous future fantasy populated with loveable characters," where "each episode is a finely fashioned tone poem steeped in a love of the slow rhythms of everyday life and told with an elegant self-possession that places it light-years beyond the vulgar moralizing of most "uplifting" stories." IGN contrasted Aria with Maria-sama ga Miteru as another series where not much happens, noting that "Maria-sama ratchets up the tension level whenever possible, though, and never mind that all the drama revolves around something completely inconsequential. Aria, on the other hand, is calm and relaxed. It freely admits that the plot is not the point." Several reviewers cited the characters as key to the appeal of the series,though some criticized the characters as unrealistic;the voice acting of Erino Hazuki (Akari) and Junko Minagawa (Akira) were particularly praised. Several reviewers point out that the series does not fit all tastes, being a slow-paced drama with an optimistic outlook.
    [/SIZE][/FONT]

Lanny Bird of Courage
    Oh man, I'm embarrassed to say Aria has been in my queue for far too long. I should totally get on that shit. As someone who sucks SoL's dick from dusk to dawn it's awful that I haven't seen such a highly praised entry in its cannon.
    The Dude Yung Blood
    Psychological?

Look up Ergo Proxy
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    I heard the artist for NGNL got done for stealing art or something so I doubt there'll be a second season.

One I've watched recently and enjoyed was Drifters but it didn't have enough of some characters, haven't finished yet, kinda feels like self insert stuff though to be honest with you.
    Also Konosuba, good to watch it now cause there's a new season airing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UpZnSjMko4
    Can't think of anything else right now, I'm on limited internet so I've not been watching.
    Yeah i actually saw the first three episodes of Drifters, i find the genre a little peculiar and the story too. But eh.
    mso8 Houston
    Monster
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by Number13 I heard the artist for NGNL got done for stealing art or something so I doubt there'll be a second season.

Aww, fuck, that was a fairly high ranking anime in my view. It would be a shame if it wasn't completed.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    NGNL was commercially very successful, even if the author of the LNs is out of commission I wouldn't be surprised if they could still produce another season, there's probably enough source material left and if not grow-a-tail is always an option.
    Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    Originally posted by Malice Aww, fuck, that was a fairly high ranking anime in my view. It would be a shame if it wasn't completed.

The doujins for it are good enough to me.

But think of how every other company does it except for the high budget ones, they do it as soon as they can so they can keep the interest.
    People are still waiting for shows that by all rights should've had sequels years after and it sucks cock.

I didn't watch it though so I can' claim to know what's going on.
    Claymore
Jump to Top