User Controls

Legionnaires Kills 141 in NC

Greenspam African Astronaut
    This isn't state wide. Apparently everyone here who died went to the State Fair and hung out in Hot Tubs or some shit.
    Another person has died from an outbreak of Legionnaires’ disease in North Carolina, bringing the death toll to four.

None of the victims have been identified by authorities and health officials have not discussed the circumstances of their deaths.

this disease kills 1:10

so this means about 1500 people are infected from one medium size event like a Fair ground?

that's hardcore but not on our local news. not a top story.
    Terrorism??

Story
    There have been 141 confirmed cases of Legionnaires’ disease, an airborne lung infection, or Pontiac Fever, a milder form of the disease since last month. Health officials said nearly all of those infected were attending the NC Mountain State Fair in Fletcher between September 6 and 15.

The outbreak has been linked to a hot tubs display in one events center and officials said it took place during the last five days of the fair, a preliminary report shows
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    It looks like it just infected 141, but it has killed at least 4.

It's a scary disease. We get it sometimes here caused by seldom used showers in hospitals and the like - the disease grows in the water inside the shower-head.

You need to be careful to run taps and showers before using them.
    Greenspam African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country It looks like it just infected 141, but it has killed at least 4.

It's a scary disease. We get it sometimes here caused by seldom used showers in hospitals and the like - the disease grows in the water inside the shower-head.

You need to be careful to run taps and showers before using them.

This wasn't the original story I read. I must of been tired. this I looked up. I thought it said 140 confirmed deaths the night I read it.

Which was last night I think. that's good though. I mean not the deaths but that it's only 4. I hope none children
Jump to Top