6 - Chinatown Wars
    7 - Vice City
    8 - GTA 1
    9 - Vice City Stories
    10 - Grand Theft Auto Advance
    11 - Grand Theft Auto V
    Japan-Is-Eternal Naturally Camouflaged
    I wish games felt as special as they once did
    It's not nostalgia, they just aren't what they used to be, games these days feel more tame and safe like hollywood movies.
    Back in the 6th gen it was like people were taking the best of their imagination and subconscious minds and putting them into interactive experiences.
    Seems that games are dumbed-down a lot these days.

I remember playing BF2 many years ago; there were squads, you could run to be commander with commander duties, there were tactical assets that could be destroyed and repaired, etc. It was essentially a mix of RTS and FPS, which I don't think they make today anymore.

There was also a source mod called Empires, where a commander on each team would build buildings, build resource collecting spots, then build vehicle depots and develop various research to get vehicles with various attributes to gain advantage of the enemy team.

You give games like these to kids these days and they wont use half the features because they couldn't handle anything other than run and gun bullshit.
    Originally posted by Misguided Russian Seems that games are dumbed-down a lot these days.

I remember playing BF2 many years ago; there were squads, you could run to be commander with commander duties, there were tactical assets that could be destroyed and repaired, etc. It was essentially a mix of RTS and FPS, which I don't think they make today anymore.

There was also a source mod called Empires, where a commander on each team would build buildings, build resource collecting spots, then build vehicle depots and develop various research to get vehicles with various attributes to gain advantage of the enemy team.

You give games like these to kids these days and they wont use half the features because they couldn't handle anything other than run and gun bullshit.

And that is exactly who the developers are catering to.
    Kids who want a distilled and barebones FPS experience like Call of Duty and nothing more.
    It's sad really.
    I'll be on a site like N4G (or back in 2008 - 2014 Polygon) and see these articles where the piece of shit authors are complaining that a game is too detailed and how "we" (they always say we to get you to think they're speaking for you) don't need those things or how the games are too difficult or too masculine or offensive.
    The gaming industry is dying and it's going going to get worse from here on out as the budgets increase and devs are forced to make their games more "inclusive" so as to increase game sales.
    Originally posted by Japan-Is-Eternal And that is exactly who the developers are catering to.
    Kids who want a distilled and barebones FPS experience like Call of Duty and nothing more.
    It's sad really.
    I'll be on a site like N4G (or back in 2008 - 2014 Polygon) and see these articles where the piece of shit authors are complaining that a game is too detailed and how "we" (they always say we to get you to think they're speaking for you) don't need those things or how the games are too difficult or too masculine or offensive.
    The gaming industry is dying and it's going going to get worse from here on out as the budgets increase and devs are forced to make their games more "inclusive" so as to increase game sales.

VIdeo games can be fun, but if they distract you from your life goals, then do you really need them?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Misguided Russian VIdeo games can be fun, but if they distract you from your life goals, then do you really need them?

"life goals" lol get the fuck out of here
    Originally posted by Japan-Is-Eternal "life goals" lol get the fuck out of here

no u gtfoutta here, step out of a window, drown in a puddle
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    the second and third are the best imo
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    yo anyone know a good place to get the second one? rockstar.com no longer lets you download it with out getting some fucktarded plugin
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby yo anyone know a good place to get the second one? rockstar.com no longer lets you download it with out getting some fucktarded plugin

Amazon
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    GTA2 was dope as fuck.

Remember the "loonies"...

2D car theft games will always be superior to any 3D car theft game.
    Originally posted by gadzooks GTA2 was dope as fuck.

Remember the "loonies"…

2D car theft games will always be superior to any 3D car theft game.

The whole atmosphere and style were so much better.
    Take something like V for example, totally soulless and as boring as a netflix comedy series, it basically IS a netflix series.
    2 had such a unique feeling to it.

Also Ziabtasu > loonies
Jump to Top