User Controls

Ellie Goulding + MATH

Lanny Bird of Courage
    https://signalsuk.bandcamp.com/track/recuperate

I admit, I have a certain weakness for cutie fake-blondes with that lower class English accent. First girl I ever dated talked like that (and was a fake blonde, basically english, kiwi but only a generation removed).
    Where is the math nigga?
    crazy mike Houston
    that songwriting is atrocious.

for example:

[FONT=Helvetica Neue][SIZE=12px]'Regenerate. I’m entitled to face to face, at right angles- [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Helvetica Neue][SIZE=12px]Our lips to trace by lit candles. [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Helvetica Neue][SIZE=12px]Get out this place- you’ll dismantle. [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Helvetica Neue][SIZE=12px]Negotiate what you can’t handle. '[/SIZE][/FONT]

It just gets worse from there.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Where is the math nigga?

The plucked guitar at the start of each stanza, the verbed chords, that mildly twangy guitar that's that's low-mixed in the chorus, and the hard-stop percussion are all elements of second/third wave mathrock.

Spare me the lecture about the misappropriation of the term "math". I eat, breathe, and live formal systems.

that songwriting is atrocious.

for example:

[FONT=Helvetica Neue][SIZE=12px]'Regenerate. I’m entitled to face to face, at right angles- [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Helvetica Neue][SIZE=12px]Our lips to trace by lit candles. [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Helvetica Neue][SIZE=12px]Get out this place- you’ll dismantle. [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Helvetica Neue][SIZE=12px]Negotiate what you can’t handle. '[/SIZE][/FONT]

It just gets worse from there.

Sure, the songwriting is pretty weak but then so is Ellie Goulding's and mathy genres are purely instrumental as often they aren't so I don't know what you were expecting.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    sounds like bjork meets imogen heap.

Related:

crazy mike Houston
    I saw this movie one time where bjork was this retard with thick glasses who like killed some rapist and got executed. I cheered at the end.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I saw this movie one time where bjork was this retard with thick glasses who like killed some rapist and got executed. I cheered at the end.

Dancer in the Dark. The plot isn't quite as you remember it but whatever. I trust you've seen the Bjork stalker suicide video yah?
    crazy mike Houston
    yeah it was boring

iirc, you could hear blood splattering on the floor, so that was kind of exciting.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    yeah it was boring

iirc, you could hear blood splattering on the floor, so that was kind of exciting.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=54d_1333752609

It is boring, I don't disagree. I had to double check, and I guess you're right, the blood leaking out is oddly satisfying. Then again, I'm easily amused when it comes to those sort of things.
    crazy mike Houston
    I timed it so I ejaculated when I heard the blood sound, and the sound of my semen splattering on the tile was oddly satisfying.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I timed it so I ejaculated when I heard the blood sound, and the sound of my semen splattering on the tile was oddly satisfying.

Jump to Top