User Controls

IT'S OFFICIAL PS5 IS RELEASED HOLIDAY 2020

Japan-Is-Eternal Naturally Camouflaged
    https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/10/08/an-update-on-next-gen-playstation-5-launches-holiday-2020/?fbclid=IwAR1jKmqwBgdumh4M6KJedykB-Q7uyZ9oL1IsaWjhSFT82wYqKVxjklDe160
    https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-playstation-5/

Hopefully this generation will be more interesting than the 7th and 8th

Hopefully sony does away with the censorship bullshit

hopefully GTA VI and ESVI turn out to be good

ALSO

The next Final Fantasy is going to be made by the director of XIV and is going to have turn based combat and a medieval setting!

The only thing that could make this gen the greatest and make up for the last two is if Team Silent gets back together and makes Silent Hill 5.
    physical games for the PS5 will use 100-GB optical disks, inserted into an optical drive that doubles as a 4K Blu-ray player

Sure would be nice if developers use the largest disk size to create bigger and more detailed games
    Oh they're up to playstation 5 now? I had a ps2 15 years ago, I threw it away.

It seems like consoles are just trying to be computers these days. Why not just build a good computer?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    Originally posted by Misguided Russian Oh they're up to playstation 5 now? I had a ps2 15 years ago, I threw it away.

It seems like consoles are just trying to be computers these days. Why not just build a good computer?

I gave my ps2 to my drug dealer for his birthday for coke and mushrooms
    Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    Considering how faggoty tes5 was I doubt 6 will be good
    Originally posted by Number13 Considering how faggoty tes5 was I doubt 6 will be good

What didn't you like about Skyrim?
    Personally I found it to be very boring and formulaic, Oblivion was much better.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Misguided Russian Oh they're up to playstation 5 now? I had a ps2 15 years ago, I threw it away.

especially considering the price is likely to be close to that of a low-mid gayming machine
    computers suck for gaming

kb/m is trash for gaming and only good for strategy/rts/simulation type games

the desktop interface sucks for gaming, I would rather have a dedicated UI

the formfactor is smaller and more compact

the feel is different

I would rather have a console than a pc
    🐿 African Astronaut
    We fucking know dumbass.
    btw with the console coming with an SSD they're saying that load times will be instant like back during the days of cartridges
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Japan-Is-Eternal computers suck for gaming

try steam big picture with an xbox/ps controller
    Rear Naked Joke African Astronaut
    More like PeeAss5
    Originally posted by aldra try steam big picture with an xbox/ps controller

That's what I used to use.
    It used to be somewhat decent, then they had to go and totally gimp it with the new design.
    Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    Originally posted by Japan-Is-Eternal What didn't you like about Skyrim?
    Personally I found it to be very boring and formulaic, Oblivion was much better.

Near enough everything, the rpg mechanics were shittier, the story was garbage for main and faction quests, they made the people in game retarded cause they forgot half the stuff they knew in earlier games like how to cast magic while you hold something and how to enchant, they replaced good magic with long cooldown shouts that were useless after like level 10 or directly worked against you by killing your allies, every quest was go kill draugr, the dlcs were generally garbage and literally half of dawnguard was you travelling around a fucking cave fighting snow niggers.
    The one good thing they did was have Mercer be voiced by Stephen Russell cause that's a nice bit of thief pedigree
    Yeah the first thing I noticed was how boring the story was, how dull the world looked and how generic the soundtrack was compared to Morrowind and Oblivion.
    One of my favorite things to do was enter the portals to Oblivion and explore the hellish world, there wasn't anything like that in Skyrim.
    They must have had a really strong PR team because everyone was praising Skyrim as if it were the greatest game ever made, but it was very obvious that it was inferior compared to previous games in the series.

It's like all the idiots saying GTA V is not only the best in the series, but the greatest game ever made ... makes me want to puke.
    Originally posted by Japan-Is-Eternal computers suck for gaming

the formfactor is smaller and more compact

the feel is different

I would rather have a console than a pc

Originally posted by Japan-Is-Eternal btw with the console coming with an SSD they're saying that load times will be instant like back during the days of cartridges

Im using a 10 yr old comp and just upgrade parts as I go. It has an SSD and I can use a controller if I want, so.
    Originally posted by Misguided Russian Im using a 10 yr old comp and just upgrade parts as I go. It has an SSD and I can use a controller if I want, so.

Yet none of your pc games load instantly
    PS5 is a totally new experience, both in that games will utilize the SSD for instantaneous loading and the new dualshock controller that features more realistic vibrations and haptics.
    You know in Super Mario Bros 3 you push the power button and the intro instantly starts, then you press the start button and you're instantly taken to the game, well it'll be like that.
    There will literally no longer be load screens, and level design will be different too because they won't have to create zones with areas that act as barriers between levels, so everything is going to change radically.
    Think about the Elder Scrolls series for example, when you enter a cave there is a load screen and the interior of the cave is designed in such a way that they don't have to think of the actual landmass surrounding it, with ESVI you'll enter a cave and walk through to the inside, so the interior will have to be on scale to match the landmass it's surrounded by, if you're being chased by an enemy they can follow you all the way to the core of the cave.
    When you enter a house or tavern there will no longer be load screens either.

It's going to be weird not seeing a load screen, but after a week I'll probably get used to it and forget they ever even existed.
    this will also make platformer games fun again

idk but having to see a load screen between levels in a platforming game ruins the feel for me
Jump to Top