AMA - keyboard edition

GAAAAALM African Astronaut
    you may ask me any question
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    shut up you're brown and boring
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Were you raised Christian, §m£ÂgØL?
    Originally posted by Sophie Were you raised Christian, §m£ÂgØL?

Yes, I was raised Roman Catholic. My uncle was a prolific priest in Mexico.

And before you ask, no, he didn't molest me.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    what kind of keyboard do you use
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by aldra what kind of keyboard do you use

And why are you still using a rubber dome normie board?
    Why are you such a bitch?
    Originally posted by aldra what kind of keyboard do you use

Plastic

Originally posted by Lanny And why are you still using a rubber dome normie board?

???

Originally posted by the man who put it in my hood Why are you such a bitch?

I'm not a bitch ur a bitch
    Originally posted by GAAAAALM Yes, I was raised Roman Catholic. My uncle was a prolific priest in Mexico.

And before you ask, no, he didn't molest me.

Are you really an atheist now? If so, why. My gf was raised Catholic, and i can't logic God out of her. I tried, but i realize now that was probably uncalled for. Besides over time i have come to see value in Christianity, in fact, i bet i know more about my gf's faith than she does. Canon-wise and philosophically at least.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by GAAAAALM I'm not a bitch ur a bitch

Lot of good that keyboard is doing you
    Originally posted by Sophie Are you really an atheist now? If so, why. My gf was raised Catholic, and i can't logic God out of her. I tried, but i realize now that was probably uncalled for. Besides over time i have come to see value in Christianity, in fact, i bet i know more about my gf's faith than she does. Canon-wise and philosophically at least.

I'm not an atheist. I am agnostic. I believe in powers we do not understand but I don't think any religion has anything close to a grasp on what they are. I have experienced some supernatural events I can't explain. Maybe they were shared hallucinations. I don't know. Nobody knows anything and imo, to claim otherwise is ludicrous. The most rational theists I've talked to have told me they believe in God, but don't know objectively if God exists. I think that's a pretty rational theistic belief.

I stopped believing in God at about 13 when I prayed to him and he did not answer, and continued to ignore me. I was atheist for a bit until I came about to the idea that the theists can't prove God exists, and I can't prove he doesn't.

Until there is objective, scientific proof, it means nothing to me.

Religion can definitely do some good but it also does a lot of bad. Really hate the idea that 'most wars were caused by religon' because it's all the same tribalistic shit. Humans discriminate each other in all sorts of ways and do horrible things because of it. If we didn't have religion it'd just be some other shit being used as a tool to control the masses.
    Originally posted by GAAAAALM I'm not an atheist. I am agnostic. I believe in powers we do not understand but I don't think any religion has anything close to a grasp on what they are. I have experienced some supernatural events I can't explain. Maybe they were shared hallucinations. I don't know. Nobody knows anything and imo, to claim otherwise is ludicrous. The most rational theists I've talked to have told me they believe in God, but don't know objectively if God exists. I think that's a pretty rational theistic belief.

I stopped believing in God at about 13 when I prayed to him and he did not answer, and continued to ignore me. I was atheist for a bit until I came about to the idea that the theists can't prove God exists, and I can't prove he doesn't.

Religion can definitely do some good but it also does a lot of bad. Really hate the idea that 'most wars were caused by religon' because it's all the same tribalistic shit. Humans discriminate each other in all sorts of ways and do horrible things because of it. If we didn't have religion it'd just be some other shit being used as a tool to control the masses.

I think the bad that religion does isn't so much religion, it's the entrenched institutions of organized religion. I really dislike the 'most wars were caused by religon' trope as well. Also, can't you take positive lessons from the entire body of your (former) faith? Like, you can take some of the good that religion does and say; idk if God exists or not but these lessons have value to me personally and maybe even spiritually.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    Chimichanga sopapilla or pollos con pollos?
    Originally posted by mmQ Chimichanga sopapilla or pollos con pollos?

Pollos con pollos. Lol. Or as i like to call it El Pollo Loco.
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    Originally posted by GAAAAALM I'm not an atheist. I am agnostic. I believe in powers we do not understand but I don't think any religion has anything close to a grasp on what they are. I have experienced some supernatural events I can't explain. Maybe they were shared hallucinations. I don't know. Nobody knows anything and imo, to claim otherwise is ludicrous. The most rational theists I've talked to have told me they believe in God, but don't know objectively if God exists. I think that's a pretty rational theistic belief.

what a stupid and boring post. It's completely interchangeable with any neckbearded virgin fedora post on /r/atheism which you've no doubt posted on. Just say "nah I'm not about that life" you fucking faggot, this is why nobody loves you except me
    Originally posted by Sophie I think the bad that religion does isn't so much religion, it's the entrenched institutions of organized religion. I really dislike the 'most wars were caused by religon' trope as well. Also, can't you take positive lessons from the entire body of your (former) faith? Like, you can take some of the good that religion does and say; idk if God exists or not but these lessons have value to me personally and maybe even spiritually.

Yeah institutionalized/organized religion is what's really causing the harm. It's responsible for the crusades, ISIS, etc.

I guess I could take lessons from the bible but it wouldn't make sense, I think. I grew up going to Sunday school and church. I'm well familiar with the bible's teachings and lessons and it's helped form the person I am. But as long as you use common sense, I don't think you need a religious text. Maybe it is helpful to be reminded of certain parts, but eh. There are some nondemoninational churches that probably have some good versions of the bible. But I really think being raised right is what is most important. There's a cyclicity to a lot of immoral actions. Get raped, be the rapist. Get beat, be the wife beater. Etc. Daddy issues and mommy issues are some real shit. I'm lucky my parents were nothing but loving, hardworking Christians who always stood by my side. Not everyone gets parents like that.

I want to say some shit about a book I published but it would probably be PI.
    Originally posted by GAAAAALM I stopped believing in God at about 13 when I prayed to him and he did not answer, and continued to ignore me.

You dont have a soul you mexitarded faggot, why would you pray?
    Originally posted by mmQ Chimichanga sopapilla or pollos con pollos?

Habes probado pollo SIN pollo?
    Originally posted by Sudo what a stupid and boring post. It's completely interchangeable with any neckbearded virgin fedora post on /r/atheism which you've no doubt posted on. Just say "nah I'm not about that life" you fucking faggot, this is why nobody loves you except me

I'm sure Allah wouldn't approve of this sort of language. How sad that you believe yourself to be a sinner.
    Originally posted by GAAAAALM I'm sure Allah wouldn't approve of this sort of language. How sad that you believe yourself to be a sinner.

hi,

If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.

Allah would approve of the hurrying of turning you into a dead body.
Jump to Top