User Controls

The Hong Kong protesters sure are spirited, and steadfast...

WellHung Black Hole (banned)
    They are very admirable. Do you ever think about what you would do, if you were in that situation? Would you stand up and fight, in the face of pure evil, just as they?👍
    Folx?
    Nil African Astronaut [the overexcited four-footed chanar]
    Just cause they're fighting what you regard as evil doesn't make them good. So uh fuck em' hopefully some good footage gets captured.
    Wariat Marine/Preteen Biologist
    Money fucking speaks all china does is threaten economically and it works

https://nypost.com/2019/10/07/chinese-businesses-cut-ties-with-rockets-after-daryl-moreys-hong-kong-tweet/
    GAAAAALM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Nil Just cause they're fighting what you regard as evil doesn't make them good. So uh fuck em' hopefully some good footage gets captured.

Dumb junkie. Go choke on a hot pocket.
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    China will grow larger.
    Originally posted by Nil Just cause they're fighting what you regard as evil doesn't make them good. So uh fuck em' hopefully some good footage gets captured.

Fuck u too, you expendable nobody.🌹
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    In other news, Yellow Vest protests in France are still a thing. We're almost at the 1 year anniversary if you can believe that. Not that you will hear about it from the MSM.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by Sophie In other news, Yellow Vest protests in France are still a thing. We're almost at the 1 year anniversary if you can believe that. Not that you will hear about it from the MSM.

Because nobody gives a shit about France, and they aren't really fighting shit compared to Hong Kong.
    Originally posted by GAAAAALM

Dumb junkie. Go choke on a hot pocket.

Wtf, I'm not a junkie. Fucking ad hominem up in this bitch.

Originally posted by Nil Wtf, I'm not a junkie. Fucking ad hominem up in this bitch.

You smoked meth. You're a junkie.
    That's a little absolute.
    Originally posted by Nil That's a little absolute.

Once a junkie always a junkie. Won't catch me smoking meth because im a good person with morals.
    I actually did use some on the first, out in sask. Really should cut that out tbh. Meh I don't think I'll see my muse for a bit so that door will be closed for now.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    what do you think they're fighting for?
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Originally posted by GAAAAALM Because nobody gives a shit about France, and they aren't really fighting shit compared to Hong Kong.

Wrong
    The Yellow Vests actually stopped this year's austerity budget
    Originally posted by aldra what do you think they're fighting for?

At this point its police brutality and separation from Chinese control. China has slowly been influencing Hong Kong and Taiwanese elections over the years. Also a pretty big stake in your country, Aldra.
    Originally posted by GAAAAALM At this point its police brutality

The police actions have been fairly tame as far as comparisons to other recent riots around the 'civilised' world go, especially since they've been doing significant damage to public infrastructure. I've seen significantly more media of 'protesters' attacking off duty police officers and using bricks and firebombs.

Originally posted by GAAAAALM and separation from Chinese control. China has slowly been influencing Hong Kong and Taiwanese elections over the years.

They're Chinese territories, it's to be expected. This is where they want to have their cake and eat it too though - they want to maintain their superior standard of living over the mainland, which relies on mainland support, but they want to behave as though they're independent.

The first point also significantly undermines this - I've been to Hong Kong a few times, and the impression I get is that most people want to be independent from China to various degrees. These 'protesters' are attacking MTR stations and fighting with police and generally causing trouble for public sector workers, the vast majority of whom are not opposed to their purported ideas. They're fighting with the people they should be allying with if they were serious, and it demonstrates that they're just dumb kids who are being used to provoke a reaction from China.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by aldra The police actions have been fairly tame as far as comparisons to other recent riots around the 'civilised' world go, especially since they've been doing significant damage to public infrastructure. I've seen significantly more media of 'protesters' attacking off duty police officers and using bricks and firebombs.

They're Chinese territories, it's to be expected. This is where they want to have their cake and eat it too though - they want to maintain their superior standard of living over the mainland, which relies on mainland support, but they want to behave as though they're independent.

The first point also significantly undermines this - I've been to Hong Kong a few times, and the impression I get is that most people want to be independent from China to various degrees. These 'protesters' are attacking MTR stations and fighting with police and generally causing trouble for public sector workers, the vast majority of whom are not opposed to their purported ideas. They're fighting with the people they should be allying with if they were serious, and it demonstrates that they're just dumb kids who are being used to provoke a reaction from China.

I can't believe you buy into this swill. Well actually I can, because you're retarded and buy into right wing propaganda very easily. Those violent protesters are not the majority. It's literally the entire city out on the streets. Police have attacked where it was unwarranted. They should be held to a higher standard than random citizens. They're also making things like masks and lasers illegal which is plain ridiculous. They're going to hospitals to lock people up, and arresting people simply for protesting. Some violent kickback is expected.

As for them being a Chinese territory, it is not 2047. China needs to fuck off. And even if it was 2047, I would support attempts at sovereignty. The world has too many supernations. I'm glad you've watched some videos and eaten some hot pot but it doesn't change the fact that these are the citizens of Hong Kong marching for the citizens of Hong Kong. 80% of them are in favor of continued Democracy and sovereignty from China.
Jump to Top