User Controls

The Cumberland Gap is historically significant.

WellHung Black Hole (banned)
    It cut a pass through the Applachian Mountains for Daniel Boone, famous explorer and immigrant.
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Several American Civil War engagements occurred in and around the Cumberland Gap and are known as the Battle of the Cumberland Gap. In June 1862, Union Army General George W. Morgan captured the gap for the Union. In September of that year, Confederate States Army forces under Edmund Kirby Smith occupied the gap during General Braxton Bragg's Kentucky Invasion.
    That gap. Oh yes, that Gap. Unfortunately it would lead to a lot of entirely avoidable frostbite and bloodshed. For no real advantage to the North American Continent.

The following year, in a bloodless engagement in September 1863, Union Army troops under General Ambrose Burnside forced the surrender of 2,300 Confederates defending the gap, gaining Union control of the gap for the remainder of the war
    Bloodless means that the lads on the ground knew better, and let all the high level shite blow them over. Every single good commander in Europe fought to keep his men out of that silly bullshit.

It is estimated that between 200,000 and 300,000 European-American settlers passed through the gap on their way into Kentucky and the Ohio Valley before 1810.
    No doubt including Techno and her hubby's ancestors.

Very sad.
    Technologist victim of incest
    Not sure about that Soi. Some of his ancestors were here before us Europeans arrived.
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Originally posted by Technologist Not sure about that Soi. Some of his ancestors were here before us Europeans arrived.

Wut? Have you considered genociding his buffalo hide hunting ass for the benefit of all of us then?

I feel like we should be careful with him. Concentrated musket fire and full unit bayonet charges only.

This is the generation that grew watching "Friends" who knows what horrors they may conceal. "Napoleon! Aux Armes!"
Jump to Top