User Controls

Just went into Activision QA

Was greeted by a cheetos sweaty smelling guy in a dark building, saw posters for COD WW2 and infinite, and everybody was playing or watching pcs with cod on it. Was not expecting that, thought all that crap was done california.
    GAAAAALM African Astronaut
    Doubt this. You need a degree to be a game tester, or at least experience coding videogames. Part of their job is working out why bugs happen so they can fix it, not just 'yeah this game good'.

Source: I still have a free Maya subscription
    No I mean I went INSIDE, not working obviously
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Apparently video game work is famous for low pay and long hours, as everyone wants to work in the field.

But I think working on something like GTA5 would be an amazing experience, and you might even get to see the grandkiddies playing something you built.
    Mud Hole Mania African Astronaut
    Originally posted by GAAAAALM Doubt this. You need a degree to be a game tester, or at least experience coding videogames. Part of their job is working out why bugs happen so they can fix it, not just 'yeah this game good'.

I remember that kid Toiletduk aka Misenthropic whatever' telling everyone on &Totse that Jeff helped him get a game tester job at Maxis Sim city makers oUT near Walnut Creek .

Jeff also told me to goto a temp service place as well.. it's interesting because he "suggested a site" then blacklists me later for employment.

Curious if it's true his family is part owner operation of Man Power Temps. But that one might not be true or they invested in the company. Which Jeffs bio states he did lots of HR work.

Anyways point of digression is you don't need a fucking College Degree. Most companies hire people Certified or probably in the then 16-18 year old TD , he would of been grandfathered in and is a skill beta tester by now?

We have coder boot camps in San Francisco. You can be certified in 3 months. 6 days a week to learn. I understand the pay is between 70k to 110k a year..usually contracted for one year at a time while others are full on employment
    I have to go back to work, you incedias loser hags

Did I spell incedias right?

Hikki, get a fucking job and stop beating off on your sheets all day long and then complaining about shit
    Coding sounds tedious and boring tho
    apric0t Houston
    Originally posted by GAAAAALM Doubt this. You need a degree to be a game tester, or at least experience coding videogames. Part of their job is working out why bugs happen so they can fix it, not just 'yeah this game good'.

I got an interview at square for game testing and all they grilled me on was my grammar, said we'd mostly be proofreading text boxes...soo nope, wrong again
    Originally posted by apric0t I got an interview at square for game testing and all they grilled me on was my grammar, said we'd mostly be proofreading text boxes…soo nope, wrong again

Lmao yeah, text boxes. Probably paid shit too, even worse than actual testers.

I did a year at a gaming school so you can stfu now. You need a degree to actually test for bugs. That's part of the job. Proofreading aint shit. You can do that on Upwork
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Originally posted by GAAAAALM I did a year at a gaming school

LMFAO
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Solstice Naturally Camouflaged
    I didn't think even kids buy CoD anymore. I think their whole target audience went to Fortnite and Roblox and Minecraft by now.
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country LMFAO

Wachu got against 3D modeling and C++?
    Originally posted by GAAAAALM Wachu got against 3D modeling and C++?

im sure they dont teach 3d and c++ at "gaming schule".
    Originally posted by GAAAAALM Lmao yeah, text boxes. Probably paid shit too, even worse than actual testers.

I did a year at a gaming school so you can stfu now. You need a degree to actually test for bugs. That's part of the job. Proofreading aint shit. You can do that on Upwork

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny im sure they dont teach 3d and c++ at "gaming schule".

They do. It was an arts college and they taught game art and design. I also learned how to use CAD because I am a skilled motherfucker.
    Well this escalated quite nicely
    Solstice Naturally Camouflaged
    You guys realize game testers and such is a pretty big business now? Look at these big AA games that take a massive team of people years to develop.
    Yeah, back in the day video games would have a screen with the credits on them.

Try sitting through the credits for Skyrim.

QA starts around 4 minutes in.
    Originally posted by GAAAAALM They do. It was an arts college and they taught game art and design. I also learned how to use CAD because I am a skilled motherfucker.

so its an arts schule.
    Originally posted by Solstice You guys realize game testers and such is a pretty big business now? Look at these big AA games that take a massive team of people years to develop.

Yeah its a massive industry. Game designers are starting to unionize now too do it'll probably be a lot nicer of a job soon.
Jump to Top