User Controls

Patron saint of incels? Outrage over Joker is a bad joke

Kuntzschutz African Astronaut
    Сritics and woke people are up in arms over the Joker movie because they think “evil” white men will like it and be inspired to kill.
    It used to be that it was right-wingers who would get outraged over movies they deemed “dangerous” because they offended their delicate sensibilities, Last Temptation of Christ and Brokeback Mountain being prime examples. Now it is left-wing scolds who reflexively denounce movies they find “problematic”, with the highly-anticipated Joker having raised their self-righteous ire.

Joker opens on October 4th and is directed by Todd Phillips and stars Joaquin Phoenix. The movie is inspired by Martin Scorsese’s films Taxi Driver and The King of Comedy and is thought to be a breath of fresh air in the comic book genre and the antithesis of the corporate Marvel movies. Joker tells the story of Arthur Fleck, a disaffected white man who eventually becomes Batman’s nemesis, the super villain Joker.

Fleck being white has ignited a moral panic over Joker, because according to woke Twitter, white men are inherently violent, and so Joker is dangerous as it will act as a pied piper leading lonely white men to commit Joker-esque mass shootings.

The criticisms of Joker on Twitter are stunning for the shameless level of scorn and hatred brazenly heaped upon white men.

Tweets saying“I don’t want to be around any of the lonely white boys who relate to it”, and “Joker movie is starting to look like a sympathetic tale of a ‘wronged by society’ white dude and their entitlement to violence” and “in a time of increasing violence perpetrated by disaffected white men, is it really the best thing to keep making movies that portray disaffected white men doing violence as sympathetic?,”highlight the racial animus animating the Joker moral panic. It is inconceivable that such venom would be acceptable against any other racial group, such as African-Americans or Muslims.

The Joker panic has spread like a contagion from Twitter to the real world, where police have vowed to increase their presence at theatres, and some cinemas are banning ticket holders who wear costumes.

The US Army and the FBI have issued a warning that some “incels” or involuntary celibates, may violently target screenings of Joker.]

Family members of victims of the 2012 Aurora, Colorado movie theatre shooting, have even written a letter to Warner Brothers, conveying their concerns over Joker and imploring the studio to support anti-gun causes. This is puzzling as the Aurora tragedy was during a screening of The Dark Knight Rises, which didn’t feature the Joker, and while some early reports claimed the shooter dressed like the Joker and declared: “I am the Joker”, those reports have been thoroughly debunked. This conflating of Joker with Aurora reveals the vacuity of the frenzy.

The hysteria around Joker has infected US film critics as well. When Joker premiered at the prestigious Venice Film Festival it received an eight-minute standing ovation and won the coveted Golden Lion for best picture. The last two Golden Lion winners, Roma and The Shape of Water, went on to be nominated for twenty-three Oscars combined, winning seven. Joker’s reception at Venice would seem to be indicative of the film’s artistic bona fides, but American critics, who are more interested in pretentious pandering and virtue signaling, strongly disagree.

Stephanie Zacharek of Time, said of Joker, “the aggressive and possibly irresponsible idiocy of Joker is his (director Phillips) alone to answer for.”

Zacharek goes on to state that Arthur Fleck, “could easily be adopted as the patron saint of incels.”

Anthony Lane of the New Yorker opined: “I happen to dislike the film as heartily as anything I’ve seen in the past decade…”

David Edelstein of Vulture, described the film as “morally blech”, then went full-on Godwin’s law in his review when he declared, “As Hannah Arendt saw banality in the supposed evil of Nazi Adolf Eichmann, I see in Joker an attempt to elevate nerdy revenge to the plane of myth.”

Film critics getting the vapors over a movie is nothing new, as cinema history is riddled with fraught hyperbole over “dangerous” movies.

In 1955, New York Times critic Bosley Crowther bemoaned Rebel Without a Cause because “it is a violent, brutal and disturbing picture.”
    Rest of article: https://www.rt.com/op-ed/469986-joker-movie-premiere-outrage/

Haha. Gotta love Russia today.

I wonder why the US Army would be concerned with something like this. Maybe because the Army PsyOps and CIA are the ones causing mass shootings and they're trying to now look like good guys?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    No, joker is one of my favorite D.C villains and ill be damned if self righteous bandwagoners are gonna ruin him for me. He's a damn character that's been around for 70 or 80 years get a grip people.
    I think youre Mexican Joker
    It seems OK to me
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    I hope the critics are right on this one.
    Number13 African Astronaut [dispute my snotty-nosed seagull]
    It's okay to be white
    CASPER Soldier of Fourchin
    Love it. The more of these people raising a fuss over innocuous shit like this- the better. The public at large need to really understand what mentally underdeveloped, racist, whiny control freak victims these people are.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Archer513 African Astronaut
    Doooooo it
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    Originally posted by CASPER Love it. The more of these people raising a fuss over innocuous shit like this- the better. The public at large need to really understand what mentally underdeveloped, racist, whiny control freak victims these people are.

I agree with you but the joker really does influence a lot incels
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby I agree with you but the joker really does influence a lot incels

I think that's more an intentional meme than any actual influence

http://dstormer6em3i4km.onion/stormer-movie-review-joker-10-10-spoiler-free/
Jump to Top