User Controls

How do you get a broken hand fixed in TX when you have no income?

Kuntzschutz African Astronaut
    Asking for someone that is an ex marine. He went to the ER and they just put a splint on it, not even a cast. The guys hand has been swollen for over a month.

I don't like seeing people that way. I'm sure it will require surgery. Is there anything that would cover the cost?
    blaster master victim of incest
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    For whatever reason he doesn't think the VA will help him. He was not dishonorably discharged, it was just a discharge.
    I can't blame him, I called the VA's number, you get robot after robot. It's kinda depressing. I'm going to look more into this.
    Lots of paperwork to fill out. I mean, he'll have to apply for VA benefits also, you have to be enrolled. It's like, that would all take a long friggen time and his hand has already been fucked up for over a month.

Timing
    Grylls Cum Looking Faggot [abrade this vocal tread-softly]
    you know when people say such things as "asking for a friend"

why need?
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    It's really sad that some people can't get the medical care they need.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Admin African Astronaut
    He should just use money in his savings or checking account, of cash in a certificate of deposit or cash in precious metals, or sell some stocks and bonds, maybe dip into his 401k, or sell some of his sporting goods equipment, or even sell his car.

That's how.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    It's a fucking hand. Just wrap it up in a big wad of toilet paper and wait it out. MAN UP. gosh
    GAAALM Yung Blood
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country It's really sad that some people can't get the medical care they need.

This is why we need nationalized healthcare. I get it's not 'free healthcare' but nobody with a brain believes it is. I am willing to pay more in taxes if it means I can get medical care whenever I want. 70% of Americans agree with me.

I've done shit like pull my own stitches before. I've also ordered antibiotics and antifungals to avoid going to a doctor with no insurance. I nearly lost a tooth recently because I was having trouble finding a dentist willing to do a root canal on it (had a weird curve that made it difficult.) I ended up paying out of pocket. I'm lucky I had the money.

I'm also kind of lucky I have a congenital condition which allows me to get 'free' healthcare from the government (I'll have to pay it back eventually.) Selection is VERY limited and a real pain trying to find a doctor, really. This is all thanks to Obamacare. Before this I did not have insurance for years and plain did not go to doctors. Before this year I hadn't seen a dentist since I was like 12.

Really feel bad for anyone struggling with affording medical care. My advice to OP's friend is to suck it up and deal with the robocalls, because it is the only way you can get help.

And even still, I'm at risk of losing my healthcare every year when I have to reapply. Maybe I'll lose it by November this year, who knows. I only had 3 weeks to re-apply lol. Last year I missed the deadline and they THANKFULLY renewed it anyway. I probably won't lose it but it's still a worry. I'd rather just pay more in taxes.
    GAAALM Yung Blood
    Harry D. Enbalsaks
    Admin African Astronaut
    Originally posted by mmQ It's a fucking hand. Just wrap it up in a big wad of toilet paper and wait it out. MAN UP. gosh

He needs that hand. He needs it.
    Originally posted by blaster master Go to a county hospital in a big city and tell them you dont have insurance and they may help you. Then just don't pay the bills lol.

I googled it, san antonio state hospital is probably where I'd try.

This guy won't qualify for that. San Antonio State Hospital, aka sash, is a mental hospital.

ER didn't help him, they just put a splint on it. I'm going to try to get him to enroll with the VA and in the mean time, UTSA health science center often helps people for free so their students can learn from it. Hopefully this guys hand doesn't get any worse.

Empathy sucks
    Octavian motherfucker
    Originally posted by Kuntzschutz Asking for someone that is an ex marine. He went to the ER and they just put a splint on it, not even a cast. The guys hand has been swollen for over a month.

I don't like seeing people that way. I'm sure it will require surgery. Is there anything that would cover the cost?

So glad we don't have to pay in the UK.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    here in austin we have the city insurance, it sucks but it works, I'm sure they have something similar in sa, look up lonestar clinic they offer an insurance as well i believe

what happened to his hand?
    Originally posted by blaster master Here's how you get free health care in the USSA. Go to an emergency room, they can't refuse service to you, then LIE about your name. Tell them your name is Roman Freely.

seems like that wont work especially these days.. especially here in tx..
    Originally posted by blaster master Go to a county hospital in a big city and tell them you dont have insurance and they may help you. Then just don't pay the bills lol.

I googled it, san antonio state hospital is probably where I'd try.

he lives in a big city, but that hospital you're mentioning is a mental hospital
    Grylls Cum Looking Faggot [abrade this vocal tread-softly]
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby he lives in a big city, but that hospital you're mentioning is a mental hospital

yeah you'd know
Jump to Top