User Controls

never been much of a sleeper

Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    All my life I've never been much of a sleeper, like as long as I can remember I never really felt well rested. Even as a kid I would be wracked with anxiety and invasive thoughts. In prison the lack of sensory stimulation helped me sleep better and sometimes when I'm in a lifestyle where I'm doing opiates and falling asleep next to a girl every night I can sleep better. I have never been able to nap during the day too unless it's a full pass out.

I'm getting really sick of it. It affects the way I attack life but every night I feel the need to fight the sleep demons or they'll get me. I know this is part of my undiagnosed PTSD and my anxiety depression, paranoia and chronic pain all have a role to play too. I just want to feel rested and have peace for a brief period of time. It's something people take for granted. I don't drink coffee (althoigh I'm drinking one as I type this because I need it to function for the next few hours) or take stimulants and I sleep a lot better when there's someone next to me. Anyone have any tips or insults?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Technologist victim of incest
    I know this sounds like the opposite of how it should be; but when I was on opiates, I never got a good nights rest. I rarely took them after 5pm.
    Originally posted by Technologist I know this sounds like the opposite of how it should be; but when I was on opiates, I never got a good nights rest. I rarely took them after 5pm.

I don't take opiates often enough for them to be a factor but when I do, 25% of the time I will sleep better
    Wariat Marine/Preteen Biologist
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensory_stimulation_therapy
    eBagger Tuskegee Airman
    Originally posted by Technologist I know this sounds like the opposite of how it should be; but when I was on opiates, I never got a good nights rest. I rarely took them after 5pm.

Yeah gotta love those times your ready to fallout and dose and suddenly get a burst of energy for a few hours.

This is gonna sound basic Uhh I had to have one of those alarm clocks that vibrate your pillow and flash lights in your eyes and blasts a siren in your ear. My last roomate had to take it outside. I suppose sometimes I've tried the ole' stay up 2 days to get 1 decent nights sleep but that doesn't really help feeling sleepy all day.

PERHAPS loading up on the natural BS like l-tryptophan and melatonin ( I hate suggesting that to sleepy people) at night, try and figure out your optimum napping schedule, like figure out when you nap for 30 mins if you get an energy increase as opposed to 1 1/2 hours being sluggish and fucking up your nights sleep.

Or pop some tizzys!....
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    8stringflinG African Astronaut
    Since quitting drugs I can now sleep instantaneously.
    Insomnia is the reason I started smoking weed

I have the same thing Micheal Jackson had where his brain cant stop thinking when he lays down and closes his eyes

I need some milk of amnesia. I've been abusing sleepy drugs for a decade now. Weed, alcohol, benadryl, benzos, zopliclone, heroin

I am not that big of a downer guy but God damn I love being able to sleep.

Before I started smoking weed I was a straight edge that stayed awake until the sun came out playing video games. I have too much anxiety to sleep maybe
    Originally posted by 8stringflinG Since quitting drugs I can now sleep with little boys

Weird flex but ok
    Originally posted by Sudo Weird flex but ok

Yawn.
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    I can identify and yes it sucks really bad, especially since I quit taking benadryl for sleep because even that stopped working like I'd go to sleep for a couple hours but then just wake up feeling groggy but not able to sleep. I also have a prostate problem that its partially to blame. Also that and all the alcohol abuse. I was diagnosed with bipolar disorder when I was 14 or 15 and I've also had a lot of anxiety all my life and I'm obsessive compulsive where I keep thinking the same thoughts. Last night was really bad, I went to bed at midnight so I could try to at least manage six hours of sleep but stayed up all night just laying in bed and getting up constantly to go to the bathroom because of my prostate and thinking about tons of things, eventually fell asleep at 7 this morning after that I woke up at ten now I can't go back to sleep.

I'd always be really envious of my chickens that would lay their head on a pillow next and with in minutes just be passed out while for myself the circus is kicking into gear.

But yeah the best sleep I've ever gotten was from taking opiates too because I toss and turn less because I'm numbed out, even if I'm up for awhile nodding off and scratching my nose I'll eventually go to sleep and sleep in longer than I normally would.

I'm thinking about going to the doctor to get gabapentin again because that actually helped me and i didn't feel like it was screwing up my lyfe.

I also used to drink coffee a lot for years but I've cut that out the last couple years for the most part. They say green tea is a good alternative to coffee as its stimulating just enough
    Originally posted by 8stringflinG Yawn.

You seem tired, maybe you should go take a nap.
    tee hee hee Naturally Camouflaged [slangily complete this slumberer]
    Ive always been the opposite i could sleep for days n days!
    Originally posted by tee hee hee Ive always been the opposite i could sleep for days n days!

Do you have thyroid issues
    Nope
    STER0S Space Nigga [the disappointingly unanticipated slab]
    why'd you go to prison?
    Originally posted by STER0S why'd you go to prison?

Yes and also is the undiagnosed ptsd related to your stay?
    STER0S Space Nigga [the disappointingly unanticipated slab]
    c'mon nigga, spill 'da beanz.
    Originally posted by tee hee hee Nope

Oh you're just depressed/lazy

Heard.
    Ive been sleeping badder lately even though Ive had a couple better beds by now than the SH one, but I'm going through WD even though I just shot dilaudid again today and it didn't make me sleepy I just felt shitty I think literally because my stomach feels horrible I havent crapped in days and then I took 100 diarrhea pills on top of that and it just started wearing off and then taking even more opiates again just pushed things into feel too horrible to sleep mode, ive been up way longer than I ever usually stay up tonight, im going to bed now though
    Bill Krozby your prostate is going to ruin your life when you get really old, im not trying to be mean
Jump to Top