User Controls

Big data dating

Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    This would basically be an app that analyses everything about you and assigns you a match based on mutual comparability - ie. take the same bus, use the same restaurants, etc
    BobDob99999 Yung Blood
    i love her alot babe
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    would need avast pool of sensitive information to perform better than current 'solutions', but I guess there are plenty of despirate people out there
    L41n Houston
    This is already a thing basically, most dating websites are going to be sorting your potential matches somewhat. You might be able to improve the quality of the matches a bit by gathering more data but you might also just overwhelm it with noise.

Human relationships also aren't entirely logical, you can only get so far based on the fact that you both like the Office or wake up at the same time. People don't necessarily want to date someone just like themselves, and figuring out what exactly it is they are looking for would be hard.

I used to work for a company that did something sort of similar, evaluating how certain business partnerships might work out. We had a huge dataset going back decades on different companies and their interactions and getting much useful out of it was way harder than it might seem at first. It's not hard to get a rough estimate on probable success, but the difficulty increases as your target accuracy does and it's not linear.
    Admin African Astronaut
    My match is at the some brothel house whenever I'm there.
    Originally posted by L41n This is already a thing basically, most dating websites are going to be sorting your potential matches somewhat. You might be able to improve the quality of the matches a bit by gathering more data but you might also just overwhelm it with noise.

Human relationships also aren't entirely logical, you can only get so far based on the fact that you both like the Office or wake up at the same time. People don't necessarily want to date someone just like themselves, and figuring out what exactly it is they are looking for would be hard.

I used to work for a company that did something sort of similar, evaluating how certain business partnerships might work out. We had a huge dataset going back decades on different companies and their interactions and getting much useful out of it was way harder than it might seem at first. It's not hard to get a rough estimate on probable success, but the difficulty increases as your target accuracy does and it's not linear.

They will if you pay for it, otherwise their only goal is to get you to spend as much time swiping so they get as many ad dollars as possible

And then their 2nd goal is to get you frustrated from swiping so much that you buy the paid features to get the version that "works"
Jump to Top