User Controls

October 1st Liability Shift Fraud

SBTlauien African Astronaut
    If your CC company hasn't sent you a card with the chip inside of it by October 1st, you put on a good disguise, drive out to retail stores, park a distance away off camera, go in and buy things using your card, and then later report that some asshole must have skimmed your card, your bank will have to reimburse you for those charges.

From what I have read, the liability falls on whoever has the oldest technology. Either banks not issuing cards with chips inside of them, or the store not having a chip reader.

Edit: This liability shift wont work with ATMs until 2016 or so.

My question, is this also true with debit cards, or is it a credit card only type of deal?
    arthur treacher African Astronaut
    brb going to make a disguise thread
    Hewfil1 Houston
    BRB, going to make skimmer thread.
    brb going to make a disguise thread
    You might need these.

Zanick motherfucker [my p.a. supernal goa]
    Mine thinks credit thievery is evidenced by using my card for two transactions five minutes apart in the same Walmart.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    You might need these.

is this counted as white collar crime? because a jedi disguise is a pretty solid idea for that.
    is this counted as white collar crime? because a jedi disguise is a pretty solid idea for that.
    White collar crooks all fear jedivirine.

xsellxguides Yung Blood
    you could pull some shit off like this but my advice is be careful and if you are serious about it leave your cell phone at home as they will call the secret service to investigate (even for minor skimming they will)

if you cant figure out why to leave the phone at home this game aint for you
    you could pull some shit off like this but my advice is be careful and if you are serious about it leave your cell phone at home as they will call the secret service to investigate (even for minor skimming they will)

Don't you have some cookies or magazine subscriptions you should be selling?

Do you sell a guild for this?
    Hewfil1 Houston
    Do you sell a guild for this?

Yeah, just buy a WoW subscription to get in the guild.
    OH shit, it's here!

Also, marijuana is now sold at shops where I live. I can legally go to this little store not to far from where I live, and I can legally buy up to a quarter of marijuana there, take it home, and smoke it.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Also, marijuana is now sold at shops where I live. I can legally go to this little store not to far from where I live, and I can legally buy up to a quarter of marijuana there, take it home, and smoke it.

Freedom, amazing isn't it?
    arthur treacher African Astronaut
    Is it expensive?
    Hewfil1 Houston
    SWIM tried it, (a close friend of mine actually), and it worked. Still waiting to see if he gets caught.
    Does this liability only apply to credit cards, or are debit cards included as well?
Jump to Top