User Controls

ATTN : Lanny, aldra, sophie, other coders.

while masturbating furiously in the shower to the imageries of HTs this great idea came to me before i came.

since all audio and video can easily be faked now it occured to me that the only way to create a tamper-proof audio and video recording is to somehow record them in retrieval format by using blockchain technology.

and all camera with critical applications such as CCTVs and body cams can use such technology to provide a temper-proof video evidences in courts or elsewhere.

the problem is that i dont know how to code, so im copyrighting this idea and if anyones interested .....

this could be big.

very big.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Wariat Marine/Preteen Biologist
    Very big,
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    that would be a massive fucking blockchain
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Rear Naked Joke African Astronaut
    Good luck encoding data at the pace of my ass.
    Originally posted by aldra that would be a massive fucking blockchain

bigger than your normal video recordings ?
    Why couldn't you just send hashes of videos to an off-site server right as they're recorded?
    Essentially, you want everyone else to store all your video on their servers, many many times over. You want them to store millions of terabytes of useless CCTV footage forever, on a blockchain... Lol.
    Originally posted by Rear Naked Joke Why couldn't you just send hashes of videos to an off-site server right as they're recorded?

will it be temper proof that way ?
    Originally posted by Rear Naked Joke Essentially, you want everyone else to store all your video on their servers, many many times over. You want them to store millions of terabytes of useless CCTV footage forever, on a blockchain… Lol.

not really. im thinking of all cameras / recording devices have their own set of hashes.
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Originally posted by vindicktive vinny not really. im thinking of all cameras / recording devices have their own set of hashes.

Every file already gets a checksum. It's to ensure the integrity of the data when copying. Checksum changes if the data changes. I suppose every recording could get it's checksum stored on a blockchain but you can't extrapolate the data from the checksum alone. You could compare the original video's checksum to the one you have on the blockchain ledger to verify it's authenticity though. But if you're storing only checksums you might as well use a regular old database.
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    We shouldn't just write off OP idea. Maybe it could work somehow...
    whoami Tuskegee Airman
    nigger
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Storing the actual media data would, as aldra pointed, be ridiculously impractical.

But storing just the checksum of each video, as Sophie suggests, would actually be a way to implement this idea.

As long as the whole point is just to ensure the integrity of the multimedia (and thus be able to detect if someone tampered with it in any way whatsoever), and not necessarily guarantying the persistence of the original data, then storing the checksums on a blockchain would actually straight up accomplish exactly this.

The benefit to using a blockchain over a regular old database is that the chain of checksums would be like a higher-order "checksum of checksums", which would in turn provide assurance of integrity of each checksum.

So, yeah, vinny, this ain't such a bad idea.
    Come to think of, though, you don't really need to ensure integrity of each checksum I guess, because you can't really fake a checksum.

But by using a blockchain instead of a database to store all the checksums, you do get the benefit of data persistence, since the checksums will be stored on potentially millions of hard drives around the world.

And also, that means anyone can check and validate the integrity of any given video with a much higher degree of confidence.
    Originally posted by gadzooks Storing the actual media data would, as aldra pointed, be ridiculously impractical.

But storing just the checksum of each video, as Sophie suggests, would actually be a way to implement this idea.

As long as the whole point is just to ensure the integrity of the multimedia (and thus be able to detect if someone tampered with it in any way whatsoever), and not necessarily guarantying the persistence of the original data, then storing the checksums on a blockchain would actually straight up accomplish exactly this.

The benefit to using a blockchain over a regular old database is that the chain of checksums would be like a higher-order "checksum of checksums", which would in turn provide assurance of integrity of each checksum.

So, yeah, vinny, this ain't such a bad idea.

Hey retard... All it ensures is that the video is the same video, not that the video is authentic. How is a Blockchain necessary?
    Originally posted by Rear Naked Joke Hey retard… All it ensures is that the video is the same video, not that the video is authentic. How is a Blockchain necessary?

Hey retard...

Originally posted by gadzooks Come to think of, though, you don't really need to ensure integrity of each checksum I guess, because you can't really fake a checksum.

But by using a blockchain instead of a database to store all the checksums, you do get the benefit of data persistence, since the checksums will be stored on potentially millions of hard drives around the world.

And also, that means anyone can check and validate the integrity of any given video with a much higher degree of confidence.
    SBTlauien African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Rear Naked Joke Hey retard… All it ensures is that the video is the same video, not that the video is authentic. How is a Blockchain necessary?

This is a good question. Maybe a reputation system...?
    Originally posted by Rear Naked Joke All it ensures is that the video is the same video, not that the video is authentic.

The difference being?

I know you're actually a literal retard, but you've probably at least heard of timestamps?
    You can't fucking edit video in real time, dumbass.
    Originally posted by SBTlauien This is a good question. Maybe a reputation system…?

Reputation systems are an incredibly common use case for blockchain technology, but I'm not so sure it would apply here or even be necessary.

But it's good to bring up different ideas that could potentially spark even more ideas.

For some reason, though, Captain Faggot prefers to shut ideas down with insults rather than explore them because he's got the imagination of an autistic duck.
Jump to Top