User Controls

Trump on 9/11

G4LM African Astronaut
    This is Donald Trump's record on 9/11...

1 On 9/11 itself Trump was on the phone with a TV station hours after the buildings collapsed to bragging about how his building was now the tallest.

"40 Wall street actually was the second-tallest building in downtown Manhattan, and it was actually before the World Trade Center the tallest, and and then when they built the World Trade Center it became known as the second-tallest, and now it’s the tallest"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ASRlzeLg0U

2 Trump promised to donate $10,000 to the 9/11 victims. (A paltry amount for a New Yorker who claimed to be a billionaire and one of the richest men in the country) But he never donated the money....though he took public credit for donating it.

"In the weeks after the brutal attacks, Trump pledged $10,000 to the Twin Towers Fund as part of an effort Howard Stern was pushing. A report said Trump promised the donation in late September 2001, and the Daily News obtained audio of Stern's Oct. 10, 2001, interview with Trump where both he and co-host Robin Quivers thanked him for that donation."

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/donald-trump-lied-donating-9-11-charities-article-1.2829908

NYC Official: No Evidence Trump Gave $10K to 9/11 Fund New York City’s comptroller has found no evidence that Donald Trump gave $10,000 to a fund for 9/11 victims after the terror attack, and concluded that the GOP nominee “may have lied” about making a donation.

“Contrary to Donald Trump’s claims, the Comptroller’s Office found no evidence of a donation by Mr. Trump in the year following the attacks,” according to an “Information Sheet on 9/11 Donation Review” provided to NBC News on Friday that summarizes the office’s findings.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/nyc-official-no-evidence-trump-gave-10k-9-11-fund-n666631

3 Trump lied and claimed he had hundreds of his men working in the 9/11 rescue effort when he didn't have any.

Trump: I have hundreds of men inside working right now and we’re bringing down another 125 in a little while. And they’ve never done work like this before. And they’re hard-working people but they’ve never seen anything like it. And they’ve never done work like this before, it’s terrible.

Richard Alles, a retired deputy chief with the New York City Fire Department (FDNY), who now serves as director of 9/11 community affairs for the law firm Barasch McGarry Salzman and Penson, told us that in all the hours, days and months he spent at Ground Zero as an FDNY battalion chief starting 20 minutes after the buildings collapsed, he never witnessed a large group of workers hired by Trump at the site helping with search and rescue. “This is the first I’m hearing of it,” Alles told us by phone. “There would have been no need for that. Between police, fire and the construction crews, we had it all covered.”

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-searching-911-survivors/

4 Trump lied and claimed that he helped in the 9/11 clean-up personally.

“Everyone who helped clear the rubble — and I was there, and I watched, and I helped a little bit — but I want to tell you: Those people were amazing,” Trump said. “Clearing the rubble. Trying to find additional lives. You didn’t know what was going to come down on all of us — and they handled it.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2018/09/11/trumps-long-history-of-lying-about-9-11-and-exploiting-it-for-personal-gain/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d56875ed2bf9

All Trump did was show up and get himself interviewed on TV at the site. He didn't get his hands dirty.

5 Trump lied repeatedly about 9/11 claiming to have seen thousands of Muslims cheering in New Jersey when the Towers fell....something that never happened.

“I watched when the World Trade Center came tumbling down, and I watched in Jersey City, New Jersey where thousands and thousands of people were cheering as that building was coming down.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-bizarre-quotes-911-attacks-tallest-building-higher-ratings-muslims-cheering-george-w-a8530571.html

In an interview on ABC’s This Week days later, he told George Stephanopoulos, “It did happen. I saw it. It was on television, I saw it. George, it did happen. There were people who were cheering on the other side of New Jersey where you have large Arab populations. They were cheering as the World Trade Center came down. I know it might be not politically correct for you to talk about it.” He reiterated the point on NBC’s Meet the Press: “I saw it. So many people saw it. And, so, why would I take it back? I’m not going to take it back.”

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2017/09/trump-hasnt-retracted-claim-about-muslims-cheering-9-11.html

6 Trump lied and said he watched people jump from the windows on 9/11

"I have a window in my apartment that specifically was aimed at the World Trade Center because of the beauty of the whole downtown Manhattan and I watched as people jumped. And I watched the second plane come in. Many people jumped and I witnessed it, I watched that."

Trump Tower is four miles from the site of the World Trade Center. He could not possibly have seen people jump from the buildings during the attacks.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line/wp/2018/09/11/trumps-long-history-of-lying-about-9-11-and-exploiting-it-for-personal-gain/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.d56875ed2bf9

7 Trump lied and said he lost hundreds of friends in the 9/11 attack. But he can't name a single one. You lost someone in that attack, you remember their names.

“I lost hundreds of friends in 9/11.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-wont-name-any-of-the-hundreds-of-friends-he-says-died-on-918

8 Trump did make money off 9/11 though he lied repeatedly about the reason why he was given that money. The billionaire, one of the richest men in America, applied for and got a small business grant of $150,000. (15 times more than he was willing to pledge [but not pay] to the victims' fund.)

Trump lied and said the money was reimbursement for helping out after the attacks, it wasn't.

The Republican said several times during the presidential campaign trail that he was awarded the sum for helping others after terrorists took down the Twin Towers in Manhattan.

Mr Trump told TIME magazine in April that the money was “probably a reimbursement” for allowing people to stay in his skyscraper at 40 Wall Street for several months and to store items in the building. He did not specify who these people were.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/911-anniversary-donald-trump-lied-150000-small-businesses-skyscraper-clean-up-repair-costs-a7236766.html

Though the billionaire presidential candidate has repeatedly suggested he got that money for helping others out after the attacks, documents obtained by the Daily News show that Trump's account was just a huge lie.

Records from the Empire State Development Corp., which administered the recovery program, show that Trump's company asked for those funds for "rent loss," "cleanup" and "repair" — not to recuperate money lost in helping people.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/exclusive-trump-didn-post-9-11-funds-helping-people-article-1.2786879

9 Finally, in 2016, 15 years after 9/11 happened and in the middle of his presidential campaign, Trump finally does something for 9/11 (that isn't being a lying, greedy, piece of shit). He has his Trump Foundation donate $100,000 to the 9/11 Museum Memorial --- days before the New York primary.

But understand, that wasn't Trump's own money. He hadn't given a dime to his Foundation in years. So Trump donated $100,000 of other people's money to the 9/11 Museum to help his campaign.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/2016-election/trump-charity-donations/

To date, Trump hasn't given a penny of his own money for the 9/11 victims.
    Wariat Marine/Preteen Biologist
    Who gives a flying fuck?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Wariat Who tives a flying fuck?

Not people who support trump. They love liars
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Originally posted by Wariat Who tives a flying fuck?

This
    G4LM African Astronaut
    So we have a polish guy and a brit saying they dont give a fuck, and a canadian guy who thanked the post.

I wish you guys held this attitude about American politics more often. I guess now you can shut the fuck up?
    Technologist victim of incest
    Yeah it seems not too many foreigners like the USA. I’ve noticed those that don’t like the states, like trump.

What cha gonna do?

None of that shocks me. Trump lives in an alternate reality.
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Originally posted by G4LM So we have a polish guy and a brit saying they dont give a fuck, and a canadian guy who thanked the post.

I wish you guys held this attitude about American politics more often. I guess now you can shut the fuck up?

I'm not a Brit you fuggin mexican
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country I'm not a Brit you fuggin mexican

Lmao sure you aren't
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    Originally posted by G4LM Not people who support trump. They love liars

all politicians are liars brah, thats why i don't vote because I don't want another man to governing me but im sure you would totally love that being governed by older men
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby thats why i don't vote

Only idiots bother to vote
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Only idiots bother to vote

Well that is how trump got elected
    Originally posted by G4LM Well that is how trump got elected

I thought that was Russian hackers
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country I thought that was Russian hackers

No it was gerrymandering, Russian influence, and a unique and disproportionate voting system that won the election.

And even still, Hilary won the popular vote lmao
    Narc Space Nigga [connect my yokel-like scolytidae]
    So a politician lied and §m£ÂgØL thinks its reason to go make a big fat Fred about it like its not an everyday occurance or summing.

lol

G4LM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Narc So a politician lied and §m£ÂgØL thinks its reason to go make a big fat Fred about it like its not an everyday occurance or summing.

lol

Oh, we should just ignore when politicians lie and not call them out on it?
    Originally posted by G4LM No it was gerrymandering, Russian influence, and a unique and disproportionate voting system that won the election.

And even still, Hilary won the popular vote lmao

Sounds like you're still salty.
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Sounds like you're still salty.

Nope I'm helping with Bernie's campaign
    Originally posted by G4LM Nope I'm helping with Bernie's campaign

Good luck with that
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Good luck with that

We're gonna win
Jump to Top