User Controls

San Fran declares NRA domestic terrorist organization

frala Avant garde shartist
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/09/04/san-francisco-just-passed-resolution-calling-nra-domestic-terrorist-organization/?noredirect=on
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    well aint thaty some shit,, bunch of cocksucking demoncrets
    POLECAT POLECAT is a motherfucking ferret [my presentably immunised ammonification]
    hey Girl
    park police Tuskegee Airman
    San Francisco needs to be nuked
    Originally posted by POLECAT hey Girl

Lol hey boy
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    lol

we've officially come to the point where 'terrorist' has no actual meaning
    Originally posted by aldra lol

I was going to say that was a good point you're making there, but then I remembered it actually never had any meaning to begin with because it was created by governments that kill more people and instill more terror in people than any supposed terrorist group ever could
    Well, essentially, the resolution calls for the city to limit its financial and contractual relationships with the organization by deeming it terrorist.
    Originally posted by park police I was going to say that was a good point you're making there, but then I remembered it actually never had any meaning to begin with because it was created by governments that kill more people and instill more terror in people than any supposed terrorist group ever could

politically it's always been to protect state power, but prior to 2001 it at least had a coherent meaning.

It went from non-state violence for political ends, to any sort of indiscriminate attack, to 'whatever we want it to be'.

It was enough of a joke when they labeled Hezbullah terrorists because they had the gall to defend Lebanon against israel, designated an entire arm of the Iranian military terrorists to justify economic sanctions and quite literally claimed "one instance of chemical warfare doesn't necessarily make them terrorists" (see - Mark Toner) when their directly-supported Jihadis (Al-Zinki) in Syria were caught blasting towns with chlorine mortars.

The fact that they're now using it as a term to attack lobby groups is... Well, it's pretty funny to be honest.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Originally posted by frala Well, essentially, the resolution calls for the city to limit its financial and contractual relationships with the organization by deeming it terrorist.

That's been the goal of the majority of recent international terrorist designations too - justification for economic sanctions. They're just trying it out domestically now
    Originally posted by aldra The fact that they're now using it as a term to attack lobby groups is… Well, it's pretty funny to be honest.

Agreed.
    Originally posted by aldra but prior to 2001 it at least had a coherent meaning.
    blahblahblah blah pseudointellectualbabbleblahblahblahblahblah blah pseudointellectualbabbleblahblahblahblahblah blah pseudointellectualbabbleblahblahblahblahblah blah pseudointellectualbabbleblahblahblahblahblah blah pseudointellectualbabbleblahblahblahblahblah blah pseudointellectualbabbleblahblahblahblahblah blah pseudointellectualbabbleblahblahblahblahblah blah pseudointellectualbabbleblahblahblahblahblah blah pseudointellectualbabbleblahblahblahblahblah blah pseudointellectualbabbleblahblah

Coherent, but it didn't really have much meaning to begin with. It's just more vague now that anyone can be labeled a terrorist just for disagreeing with the government.
    Matters not whether the word has meaning. Matters whether the financial strangulation will have any impact and whether other cities/states will follow suit. Should be interesting to see what plays out with this along with what some major corporations are doing.
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    Originally posted by aldra lol

That was in Ukraine in 2014
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by aldra politically it's always been to protect state power, but prior to 2001 it at least had a coherent meaning.

It went from non-state violence for political ends, to any sort of indiscriminate attack, to 'whatever we want it to be'.

It was enough of a joke when they labeled Hezbullah terrorists because they had the gall to defend Lebanon against israel, designated an entire arm of the Iranian military terrorists to justify economic sanctions and quite literally claimed "one instance of chemical warfare doesn't necessarily make them terrorists" (see - Mark Toner) when their directly-supported Jihadis (Al-Zinki) in Syria were caught blasting towns with chlorine mortars.

The fact that they're now using it as a term to attack lobby groups is… Well, it's pretty funny to be honest.

Eh. They're not just a lobby group. They promote violence. I don't know if you've seen some of their ads but it feels like a parody. They recently made one that called the left violent attackers and had some dide in a trump shirt all bloody. In another video they shoot the faces of liberal politicians on targetd and smash a tv playing CNN with a hammer.

One of their sayings is 'I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands'

They definitely try and rile up people up, and are not just about second ammendment rights. And considering domestic terrorist attacks have increased since Trump took office (there was 38 recently with the el paso shooting, which is as many attacks as happened in obamas entire 8 years) with most of these attacks being right wingers. NRA and right wing media are definitely at least partially to blame for the current climate where these attackers are seen as heroes.
    What a bunch of idiots, they deserve theyre shit covered,tweaker infested streets.
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    The NRA aren't terrorists they're freedom fighters.
    🤨 I think
    The NRA are sellouts of course, but this is still retarded. It's a shame a place with such nice weather is infested with democrats and therefore covered in human shit and disease.

EDIT: It's full of gays and satanists as well, both of which enjoy the smell of feces. Just ask §m£ÂgØL
    Originally posted by G4LM Eh. They're not just a lobby group. They promote violence. I don't know if you've seen some of their ads but it feels like a parody. They recently made one that called the left violent attackers and had some dide in a trump shirt all bloody. In another video they shoot the faces of liberal politicians on targetd and smash a tv playing CNN with a hammer.

One of their sayings is 'I'll give you my gun when you pry it from my cold, dead hands'

They definitely try and rile up people up, and are not just about second ammendment rights. And considering domestic terrorist attacks have increased since Trump took office (there was 38 recently with the el paso shooting, which is as many attacks as happened in obamas entire 8 years) with most of these attacks being right wingers. NRA and right wing media are definitely at least partially to blame for the current climate where these attackers are seen as heroes.

even if that's true there's a lot of ground between reigning in an out-of-control lobby group and officially labeling them a terrorist organisation
    Next up to be labeled terrorist organization:
    big pharma
Jump to Top