User Controls

Sources say China used iPhone hacks to target Uyghur Muslims .......

because Uygghuur Mooseleems are upper middle classes that have enough disposable income to throw their cold hard cahses on iphones.

A number of malicious websites used to hack into iPhones over a two-year period were targeting Uyghur Muslims, TechCrunch has learned.

Sources familiar with the matter said the websites were part of a state-backed attack — likely China — designed to target the Uyghur community in the country’s Xinjiang state.

It’s part of the latest effort by the Chinese government to crack down on the minority Muslim community in recent history. In the past year, Beijing has detained more than a million Uyghurs in internment camps, according to a United Nations human rights committee.

Google security researchers found and recently disclosed the malicious websites this week, but until now it wasn’t known who they were targeting.

The websites were part of a campaign to target the religious group by infecting an iPhone with malicious code simply by visiting a booby-trapped web page. In gaining unfettered access to the iPhone’s software, an attacker could read a victim’s messages, passwords, and track their location in near-real time.

….. A FBI spokesperson said they could neither confirm nor deny any investigation, and did not comment further.

But the company would not say who was behind the attacks.
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    China is actually attempting cultural genocide way worse than they did in tibet, which they also have clear designs on. I wish therw was somwthing they need that we make and could put backdoors in
    Originally posted by Sudo China is actually attempting cultural genocide way worse than they did in tibet, which they also have clear designs on. I wish therw was somwthing they need that we make and could put backdoors in

at least they're not hyppocritical about it.

thats because they have already culturally genocided themselves during the maoist cultural revolution, so obviously in their view, cultural genocide is a GOOD THING.

the same cant be said about america and its constant game of regime change around the world.
Jump to Top