The Accident doesn't have to be your fault to get a DUI

Box Wine Houston
    A costly lesson.
    Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    Lay off the box wine
    Box Wine Houston
    I haven't been drinking

I start back at work Friday though so that will probably change

It actually happened a couple weeks ago right next to my apartment so I pulled in there expecting them to follow me but they didn't so now they think I fled the scene of an accident so I'm still trying to straighten it out

Thank God for the dash cam footage
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Yeah, mandatory breathalisations/drug tests are a thing now.

As if sober people don't also drive retarded.
    Box Wine Houston
    Seems obvious as fuck now but I never actually thought about it until it happened

I always thought "as long as I don't do something stupid it'll be ok"

I wasn't that drunk though, even after I got home and continued drinking I passed a field sobriety test when the police did show up

They sent me to the hospital because they thought something was wrong with me because I was able to do that while clearly not acting straight (that was the day I made those threads about trolling ER workers, something I normally wouldn't do but I was upset)

Turns out I was developing rhabdo again but it hadn't gotten bad, CK was 6k
    did you really get a dui with license revoked and all ?
    Rear Naked Joke African Astronaut
    Yeah no shit asshole. Nobody wants drunk motorists on the road. You were hit with a DUI and it's completely unrelated to the crash. You can get a DUI if there's no crash and you're driving funny. So did you think they wouldn't breathalyse you or some shit if you got crashed into?
    Box Wine Houston
    Originally posted by DietPiano did you really get a dui with license revoked and all ?

No, I passed the sobriety test so they sent me to the hospital instead

Originally posted by Rear Naked Joke Yeah no shit asshole. Nobody wants drunk motorists on the road. You were hit with a DUI and it's completely unrelated to the crash. You can get a DUI if there's no crash and you're driving funny. So did you think they wouldn't breathalyse you or some shit if you got crashed into?

Might want to read the thread again
    Rear Naked Joke African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Box Wine No, I passed the sobriety test so they sent me to the hospital instead

Might want to read the thread again

I didn't read it in the first place
    Box Wine Houston
    I could tell
    STER0S Space Nigga [the disappointingly unanticipated slab]
    that doesn't sound like better living, through chemistry.
    Box Wine Houston
    Figured it was more drug-related than anything else. It was either that or OTH
    cigreting Dark Matter
    I always enjoy hearing about dumbasses getting dui's. I'm just glad I'm not on the road when their fucking retarded asses are.
    And yes you deserve it if you got a DUI because someone ran into you.
    gotta pay to play
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Solstice Naturally Camouflaged
    Yeah, everyone who ever gets a DUI somehow has a conspiracy against them and it's always not their fault somehow.

Just drink at home or Uber, its not that complicated. Moral lecturing/safety aside its just not worth the legal and financial risk either.
    Technologist victim of incest
    Solstice,
    Did you read the thread?
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
    Solstice Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by Technologist Solstice,
    Did you read the thread?

Yeah I just dont believe him. Theres more to the story.
    Box Wine Houston
    Lol it's even on the paperwork that it wasn't my fault
    Originally posted by Solstice Yeah, everyone who ever gets a DUI somehow has a conspiracy against them and it's always not their fault somehow.

Just drink at home or Uber, its not that complicated. Moral lecturing/safety aside its just not worth the legal and financial risk either.

Yeah driving drunk is way too much of a risk unless you live in a town of 250 like I did. Even then it's not the best idea, but you can gravel travel booze cruze pretty easy still.

Liability is so high because they have you blow and you're toast. I don't understand why they would NOT use a breathlyser during a pull over, it takes 5 seconds and is indisputable proof. Driving drugged is way less liability.
    Box Wine Houston
    It can be refused and then they have to take you to the police station and test you there

Originally posted by Solstice Yeah I just dont believe him. Theres more to the story.

I don't see any reason I would tell the story if I was going to lie about it

I just know we have a number of people that habitually do this here and I never thought about getting caught from SOMEONE ELSE causing an accident
Jump to Top