User Controls

I just got a ransomware scare.

Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    It was a typical window screen in a tab that just popped up. I couldn't hit the X or change tabs or anything. So I turned off my wifi and opened task manager (alt+ctrl+delete) and ended my browser task and everything went away. What's strange is when I turned off the wifi, the page was still running with the alarm and someone telling me to not turn off my computer and call a number. I suspect I now have something on my hard drive but I don't understand any of this shit.

Any chance my computer is infected or dox have been taken? Anything else?
    Grylls Cum Looking Faggot [abrade this vocal tread-softly]
    i really wanted to post off topic and gryll you here but lanny will probably ban me for it so..

that does sound dodgy

when you opened task manager did you look at the processes running, rather than the applications?
    All that came up as running was my browser so I ended it.
    Originally posted by Erekshun All that came up as running was my browser so I ended it.

when i open task manager theres - apps/processes/serv/peformance/netw/users

but im still on windows 7
    I got windows 10, there may have been tabs to select from but all I saw was my browser so I ended it and it went away.
    Originally posted by Erekshun I got windows 10, there may have been tabs to select from but all I saw was my browser so I ended it and it went away.

i think its more to do with the processes running in the background

check the process list and google any suspect ones to find out if it could be malicious, dunno what else to say this shit bores me

wait until a tech geek replies
    Originally posted by Grylls i think its more to do with the processes running in the background

check the process list and google any suspect ones to find out if it could be malicious, dunno what else to say this shit bores me

wait until a tech geek replies

Yea I was hoping someone who knows what they are talking would post. Don't take that the wrong way. I know you know all about dick so if a post comes up like that you will be able to help.
    sorry for trying to help
    Originally posted by Grylls sorry for trying to help

Why apologize? I appreciate it.
    Originally posted by Erekshun Why apologize? I appreciate it.

well i wont apologise for what i did with your sister
    Originally posted by Grylls well i wont apologise for what i did with your sister

That's between you and her and her husband.
    Originally posted by Erekshun That's between you and her and her husband.

we could be brothers in law soon
    She's high maintenance grilly. That means you need LOTS of money.
    ah thats one thing i never worry about

it just depends what she looks like and if her husband would beat me up
    Bueno motherfucker
    I didn't screenshot it or get the number as I just wanted to shut it down.

Why do you want the number?
    Bueno motherfucker
    Technologist victim of incest
    I had this happen to me, I even fell for it, at first. Almost gave them the money to get my this virus off my computer, then I figured it all out.

Ooops, sorry can’t help ya!
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    it sounds like it was just a browser popup window pretending your computer is infected

check and see if there's anything weird on your desktop or in documents. typically ransomware will encrypt/remove all of your documents and photos
    Originally posted by Technologist I had this happen to me, I even fell for it, at first. Almost gave them the money to get my this virus off my computer, then I figured it all out.

Ooops, sorry can’t help ya!

I don't do enough on this laptop to give a shit. I'd rather throw it in the trash than give anyone my money. I am just curious what's up with this BS.
Jump to Top