User Controls

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? (Minecraft server)

Fonaplats victim of incest [daylong jump-start that nome]
    SO i been following these instructions:

https://www.h3xed.com/pc-gaming/start-a-minecraft-server-and-play-with-your-friends

Which led me to these instructions:

https://portforward.com/ubee/dvw-32cb/

And I get this far in my router:

But I dont know what information to put in there.
    So can someone help me?
    Grylls Cum Looking Faggot [abrade this vocal tread-softly]
    you can try by not being such fagget
    Erekshun Naturally Camouflaged
    Originally posted by Grylls you can try by not being such fagget

Big help
    Local IP is your computers IP.
    local start port/end port/external start/external end would all be the same port number you are port forwarding
    set protocol to "both"
    Description is whatever u want to call it "I'm a faggit" might be a good choice.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Well your first mistake was playing minecraft
    He want's to "pwn" all those 7yr olds.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Jiggaboo_Johnson Local IP is your computers IP.
    local start port/end port/external start/external end would all be the same port number you are port forwarding
    set protocol to "both"
    Description is whatever u want to call it "I'm a faggit" might be a good choice.

This is right, you can use ipconfig to find your local ip address (it will be the "IPv4" line)
    Okay.
    Well everything you guys said so far seems easy enough so I will do it later.
    But does Slaynk have to port forward too so we can play together?
    We are trying to set up the server on my computer because it is a 3.10GHz beast!
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Can I join you?
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Originally posted by Fonaplats Okay.
    Well everything you guys said so far seems easy enough so I will do it later.
    But does Slaynk have to port forward too so we can play together?
    We are trying to set up the server on my computer because it is a 3.10GHz beast!

No, only the person running the server has to port forward.
    Originally posted by Obbe Can I join you?

Hell yeah.

Originally posted by Lanny No, only the person running the server has to port forward.

Thank you Lanny.
    Can I please get a different font?
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Different font? In posts? Which one? I'm not doing any webfont wankery so it's going to have to be "web safe" which isn't a lot of options
    Obbe Alan What? [annoy my right-angled speediness]
    Originally posted by Fonaplats Hell yeah.

Thank you Lanny.
    Can I please get a different font?

What is the IP? PM me if you want. I won't be able to go on as often as I would like to, but I'd love to hop on.
    Originally posted by Lanny Different font? In posts? Which one? I'm not doing any webfont wankery so it's going to have to be "web safe" which isn't a lot of options

I just want to have a cool font for me. Everyone else can keep this font. I just wanna stand out cuz I'm special.

Originally posted by Obbe What is the IP? PM me if you want. I won't be able to go on as often as I would like to, but I'd love to hop on.

I'm at work right now but I'll try to set it up tonight.
    I think I got it figured out now.
    Originally posted by Fonaplats I just want to have a cool font for me. Everyone else can keep this font. I just wanna stand out cuz I'm special.
    Thank you Mr. LANNY :)

I'm at work right now but I'll try to set it up tonight.
    I think I got it figured out now.
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Does't your router and your server support uPnP?

I've literally never port forwarded.
    Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Dark Matter [my scoffingly uncritical tinning]
    Port forwarding almost never seems to work right anyway, may as well pay the jedis at one of the VPS/cloud providers instead in my opinion.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Yeah, a little VPS to run a minecraft server doesn't cost much. The setup is a bit of a hassle but it plays better than serving from a home connection. I did the home connection thing for minecraft back in the zoklet days though and it works, MC doesn't need super low latency, it's just kind of annoying if you get into redstone stuff and propagation takes ages.
    You should have the server script that lets you type /home to make you teleport to your bed or /spawn for the main spawn
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
Jump to Top