User Controls

People who say "thus far" instead of "so far".

We get it, you're a pretentious piece of shit who thinks he's better than everyone else. I guess. Whatever. You're probably better than me. I hate myself...
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    you know sometimes people just talk a certain way without it being a concerted attempt at pretentiousness.
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    You're probably better than me. I hate myself…

Exactly, man. I want to signal that I'm superior to others and have no interest in them. You pompous apes tend to have a massively unwarranted sense of your own intelligence and knowledge and in order to have a proper conversation the majority of the time it is necessary to impose subjugation by demeaning your worldview/viewpoints, qualities, and worth as a human being. This also dissuades commoners, they're like, "Woah man, I can't keep up with this chap. I had better find some of my fellow swine so I can drink cheap swill with them, discuss the latest rapper lyrics, and the outcome of various games based around getting a spherical object to a certain location in space-time."
    Thus far is has been ascertained the user gallivanting about under the moniker "Enter" unequivocally is a rampant and flaming homosexual of the highest order.

Pretentious enough for you?
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    How easy you cast aspersions. Being a man of reason however, i will hereby declare that instead of 'thus far' now i will solely speak of 'hitherto'.
    you know sometimes people just talk a certain way without it being a concerted attempt at pretentiousness.

Your baseline is a state of pretension.
    mmQ Lisa Turtle
    it's not pretension if you ARE in fact, better than
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    Your baseline is a state of pretension.

It's not though, I know that was probably meant as a joke but I think there's a real issue there. Anit-intellectualism is a real problem in the western world today and the way we talk is a real dimension in which it needs to be addressed. Our culture is stratified, I was born and raised in a certain strata as much as someone with a heavy black/southern accent and I'm not more capable of changing that fact than such a person would be (which is to say, it's possible but represents a conscious effort and perhaps some level of training). I may talk like a fucking douchebag but it is, at least, authentic; and the "pretentious" slur is on par with claiming poor dialects of the language are casually tied to low intelligence.

The world would be a better place if we treated people who use "ergo" unironically the same as people who say "ratchet". It may be stupid, it may depart from the common dialect beyond justification, but it's ultimately a function of one's environment. We, as a civilization, are hurt by our increasingly divergent language, and we should realize it's a more complex issue than a one dimensional spectrum between deviant and academic.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    The pretentiousness of my last post made me cringe so hard I had to make myself another drink to deal with it
    You make a point though. If you look at niggers who dont speak like niggers they are outcasts to the other niggers. This definitly keeps niggers down imo.
    The pretentiousness of my last post made me cringe so hard I had to make myself another drink to deal with it

It's so satisfying when something of this nature happens to you.
Jump to Top