User Controls

Terrorist stopped by muslim man

G4LM African Astronaut
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/norway-mosque-shooting-attack-latest-gunman-worshipper-man-hero-far-right-terror-a9051986.html?utm_source=reddit.com

A 65-year-old man who tackled a gunman who stormed a mosque in Norway is being hailed as a hero.

Witnesses said Mohamed Rafiq restrained the terror suspect and held him down with another worshipper before police arrived, despite being injured in the struggle.

Mr Rafiq was among three people at the al-Noor Islamic Centre in Baerum on Saturday, when a man burst in with “two shotgun-like weapons and a pistol”.

The attacker, who was reportedly wearing a uniform and body armour, broke through a glass door to reach the place of worship, where people were preparing to celebrate the Islamic festival of Eid al-Adha.

Speaking to press outside a nearby hotel on Sunday, Mr Rafiq said: “I’m thankful for all of the help and support I have received.”

Worshipper, 65, takes down heavily armed mosque gunman before he can kill anyone
    Police investigating shooting as terror attack after uncovering evidence of gunman’s far-right views

A 65-year-old man who tackled a gunman who stormed a mosque in Norway is being hailed as a hero.

Witnesses said Mohamed Rafiq restrained the terror suspect and held him down with another worshipper before police arrived, despite being injured in the struggle.

Mr Rafiq was among three people at the al-Noor Islamic Centre in Baerum on Saturday, when a man burst in with “two shotgun-like weapons and a pistol”.

The attacker, who was reportedly wearing a uniform and body armour, broke through a glass door to reach the place of worship, where people were preparing to celebrate the Islamic festival of Eid al-Adha.

Speaking to press outside a nearby hotel on Sunday, Mr Rafiq said: “I’m thankful for all of the help and support I have received.”

He told how he held the gunman down while another worshipper, Mohamed Iqbal, hit him on the head.

Irfan Mushtaq, board member of the mosque, said that minutes before the shooting on Saturday afternoon around 15 people had been inside the building.

The suspect has been named as Philip Manshaus, a 21-year-old local man.

A post on an online messaging board suggested he was a far-right extremist inspired by the Christchurch, Poway and El Paso shooters

Police are investigating the shooting as a potential terror attack, and have arrested a local white man in his 20s on suspicion of attempted murder.

The same man is also accused of killing his 17-year-old stepsister, whose body was found at her home.

“We’re investigating this as an attempt at carrying out an act of terrorism,” assistant chief of police Rune Skjold told a news conference on Sunday.

“We have uncovered extreme right-wing attitudes. The defendant has expressed opinions in which he praises [Norwegian fascist and Nazi collaborator] Quisling and is hostile towards immigration.”

Mr Skjold praised the “great courage” shown by Mr Rafiq and Mr Iqbal in restraining the gunman after several shots were fired, adding: “There is no doubt that their efforts prevented this from having entirely different consequences.”

He told how he held the gunman down while another worshipper, Mohamed Iqbal, hit him on the head.

Irfan Mushtaq, board member of the mosque, said that minutes before the shooting on Saturday afternoon around 15 people had been inside the building.

The suspect has been named as Philip Manshaus, a 21-year-old local man.

A post on an online messaging board suggested he was a far-right extremist inspired by the Christchurch, Poway and El Paso shooters

Police are investigating the shooting as a potential terror attack, and have arrested a local white man in his 20s on suspicion of attempted murder.

The same man is also accused of killing his 17-year-old stepsister, whose body was found at her home.

“We’re investigating this as an attempt at carrying out an act of terrorism,” assistant chief of police Rune Skjold told a news conference on Sunday.

“We have uncovered extreme right-wing attitudes. The defendant has expressed opinions in which he praises [Norwegian fascist and Nazi collaborator] Quisling and is hostile towards immigration.”

Mr Skjold praised the “great courage” shown by Mr Rafiq and Mr Iqbal in restraining the gunman after several shots were fired, adding: “There is no doubt that their efforts prevented this from having entirely different consequences.”

The suspect remains in custody and is undergoing a psychiatric assessment, officials said.

The mosque earlier this year implemented extra security measures following the massacre of more than 50 people at two mosques in Christchurch.

In 2011, white supremacist Anders Behring Breivik massacred 77 people in Norway’s worst peacetime atrocity, the majority of them teenagers at a youth camp.
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    is the fascist and Nazi collaborator quisling where the word quisling comes from?

The way you titled this is kind of stupid and prejudicial

"wait a MUSLIM STOPPED a terror attack??? What an upside down world!!!"

some little goof ran in with weapons and got tackled by a 65 year old man because white nationalists are peak Aryans
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Sudo is the fascist and Nazi collaborator quisling where the word quisling comes from?

The way you titled this is kind of stupid and prejudicial

"wait a MUSLIM STOPPED a terror attack??? What an upside down world!!!"

some little goof ran in with weapons and got tackled by a 65 year old man because white nationalists are peak Aryans

It's supposed to be inflammatory.

Just watch how many panties get put in a knot from the title alone.

Current count: 1
    Sudo Black Hole [my hereto riemannian peach]
    Originally posted by G4LM It's supposed to be inflammatory.

Just watch how many panties get put in a knot from the title alone.

Current count: 1

you're the queen of "hahaha I was only pretending to be retarded"
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Sudo you're the queen of "hahaha I was only pretending to be retarded"

Current count: 2
    Rear Naked Joke African Astronaut
    beta AS FUCK

The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    Virgin heavily armed 8chin Aryan vs CHAD unarmed 65 year old Pakistani.
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Results: Pakistani comes out on top every time
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    lol

shotguns in an enclosed space and you get taken down by an unarmed 65 year old

gg
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by aldra lol

shotguns in an enclosed space and you get taken down by an unarmed 65 year old

gg

I wonder how long it took for him to break through the glass. Seems like that would not have been too easy and would make a lot of noise/give them warning. Glass is pretty tough nowadays. It also says the mosque implemented extra security measures in anticipation of such a thing, so they could have seen him walking to the mosque via camera or something.

Also what's with these shooters killing their sisters
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    I'm guessing the mosque shooting was secondary.

"oops I shot my sister, might as well mess up some immigrants since I'm going to jail anyway"

he has the worst moustache ever, internet white nationalism will never recover
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by G4LM Results: Pakistani comes out on top every time

G4LM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by HTS

-SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    The terrorist was returned to the government and is now on desk duty.
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by G4LM

I mean, Pakistani man tries every time which is more than can be said for my fellow BIG DICK TRILL NIGGAs. It's just a shame he doesn't come out on top every time, or that shooting would have been cut way short.
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by HTS I mean, Pakistani man tries every time which is more than can be said for my fellow BIG DICK TRILL NIGGAs. It's just a shame he doesn't come out on top every time, or that shooting would have been cut way short.

Your posts are so shallow, I wade right through them. You don't scare me, kid.
    HTS highlight reel
    Originally posted by G4LM Your posts are so shallow, I wade right through them. You don't scare me, kid.

My posts have phenomenal depth. They are the Silmarillion of posts.

Mud Hole Mania African Astronaut
    Get the fuck back into your gimpbox, HTS

-Infinity
    You know you're a shit terrorist when a pensioner takes you down.
    And to top it off he's an ex Pakistan Air Force pilot.

What an beta Chad.
Jump to Top