User Controls

Lanny

SBTlauien African Astronaut
    Not trying to point any fingers or accuse Lanny of anything, but someone brought something to my attention that I seemed to have missed before. I do plan on being a part of this community and website and the new web forum that Lanny is building, solely because I really have no reason not to, but I do have to ask you Lanny...

http://niggasin.space/forum/technoph...security-holes

A while back there was someone that went by the username "Mr. High", and this user made a thread(link is above, also this thread has over 1000 views which is not typical and shows the traffic it alone generated) about how he hacked a bunch of websites and we all thought he was some troll just bull shitting. However, like a week or two later, he started posting links to news articles that seemed to line up with exactly what he had said. I first thought it was all bull shit and that he faked the articles(like one of those try-hard trolls), but they were all legit. Below are a couple, but take close note of the second article and the fact that it directly links to this site(ran by Lanny) and clearly shows that this hacker was a part of this forum.

http://www.usnews.com/news/business/...a-in-northwest

https://www.databreaches.net/four-st...g-sites-hacked

Now lets break this down, because someone did that for me and I have to admit I am a bit convinced, although I really hope that Lanny, or anyone, can convince me that what I was convinced of, isn't true.

0. Homeland Security(that's MILITARY) and the FBI investigated/investigating this

1. This was four websites at once, four big websites containing serious personal information.

2. Both Homeland Security and the FBI, undoubtedly knew quickly that this hacker had been part of this forum.

3. I was told that alone would be enough to get a subpena/warrant for this website.

4. They almost certainly served a subpena/warrant for this websites.

5.....Everything just went on as normal, as if nothing happened. Just another day at the station

I just can't help to believe that Lanny was served with a subpena/warrant, and he decided for whatever reason(maybe because he's a college graduate and doesn't want to risk throwing away his career), to not say anything to the community.

Now I could be wrong, convinced by someone that's upset with Lanny, trying to sabotage Lanny's reputation and commitment to this community. So don't get upset Lanny and take this as an attack, and don't think that I'm personally trying to stir up shit, because I'm not.

I just want to hear from you, what happened with this incident?

Were you contacted?
    Malice Naturally Camouflaged
    I knew it, I fucking knew it!

I specifically stated relatively recently that I had noted multiple quirks in the website that roused suspicion.

Master detective Malice, superior to kun-kun and the one who exposed Sophie as psychomathis through good ol' fashioned gumption.

Lanny, you traitorous bastard! Fortunately I don't think I'm likely to get in trouble for anything, but if I do, there will be hell to pay and I'm coming straight for you for not giving me a warning. If I'm mad normally you're going to see how unbelievably wrathful I can become.
    First rule of Niggas is no content which will get Lanny arrested. Second rule of Niggas is NO CONTENT WHICH WILL GET LANNY ARRESTED.
    I did get a weird error message when trying to reply to this thread, which I've never had before
    Sophie Pedophile Tech Support
    Tinfoil hats on everybody. Compel Lanny today to get a warrant canary. I posted about this on Twitter, i am followed by at least 100 security researchers. Don't be so dramatic. You are not important enough to homeland security.
    Lanny's a fucking square, I distinctly remember specifically thinking that if the feds were involved I would not consider him trustworthy. He's also a self-admitted pussy.

Statists cannot be trusted at critical junctures, they will fold like the spineless cowards they will always be inside.
    Lanny's a fucking square, I distinctly remember specifically thinking that if the feds were involved I would not consider him trustworthy. He's also a self-admitted pussy.

Statists cannot be trusted at critical junctures, they will fold like the spineless cowards they will always be inside.

Seeing as Lanny has his personal github linked to this site and his info on the subscription to teh host, if he gets compelled by a court to provide records on something and gets a gag order he should pl;ay along or face career ending obstruction charges. Who in their right mind would go down for some random hacker that posted about hacking high profile targets? If Lan was planning on making a stand against law enforcement he should have taken measures at the inception of this domain. He bought it on a whim though and solely decided to host a forum on here because we had no where else to go remember.

Fundamentally you are responsible for your operational security, consider the admins of websites adversaries in particular, because they sit on all the logs and IPs. Your safety is your responsibility.
    Also:

• Site owners are not legally responsible for teh content their users post, the FBI and Homeland Security know this.
    • High profile hacker posted on a public clearnet site, hacker knows this, FBI and Homeland Security know this, everyone knows this. Therefore it is reasonable to assume that even if you were to compel records from the site owner it would not reveal much since real IP has probably been obfuscated
    • High profile hacker contacted site owners of the sites they hacked, he knows this, Homeland security knows this and knows he knows this, same story as above, and tracing an email might be more cost effective than getting a judge to order a subpoena for marginal results anyhow.

Best course of action for the FBI and Homeland Security would be to review access logs and intrusion detecting mechanisms at the sites that were hacked, see if the hacker slipped up somewhere along the way.
    You are not important enough to homeland security.

The hacker was, and he posted here. Which means that Lanny is. And a warrant canary is worthless at this point.

I'm starting to wonder why each site shuts down...

Hunter - Just closed it.

Zok - apparently tired of it, but at least he let everyone know that he was subpenaed due to the coupon guy. He even posted a picture of the document.

Arnox - seemed like a pussy, but I still don't know why he shut his site down at the time. He has since reopened.

Idio - from what I remember it was a personal information leak. But Idio had kids and was married(I think) which likely made him/her not a good fit.

If Lanny did cooperate with the authorities(likely FBI or SS), I wouldn't hold it against him, but I would hold it against him for not letting us know. You're right that it's not his fault that some random hacker decided to announce his deeds on Lanny's site.

I just want to know, from Lanny, what happened, if anything...
    The hacker was, and he posted here. Which means that Lanny is. And a warrant canary is worthless at this point.

I'm starting to wonder why each site shuts down…

Hunter - Just closed it.

Zok - apparently tired of it, but at least he let everyone know that he was subpenaed due to the coupon guy. He even posted a picture of the document.

Arnox - seemed like a pussy, but I still don't know why he shut his site down at the time. He has since reopened.

Idio - from what I remember it was a personal information leak. But Idio had kids and was married(I think) which likely made him/her not a good fit.

If Lanny did cooperate with the authorities(likely FBI or SS), I wouldn't hold it against him, but I would hold it against him for not letting us know. You're right that it's not his fault that some random hacker decided to announce his deeds on Lanny's site.

I just want to know, from Lanny, what happened, if anything…

Hunter - Unrelated Legal issues.

Zok - Doxed.

Arnox - Incompetent, closed down after he haemorrhaged all traffic to RDFRN and later this place. Also, Arnox was in bed with the FBI from the point of the CP spam. Have you been vanned yet?

Idio - Doxed

If you are paranoid, you should run TOR everywhere from within an encrypted hidden volume VM. Then you never have to worry about these things ever again.
    Have you been vanned yet?

No. I don't see why I would be, unless.....it was a rapist. :)

If you are paranoid, you should run TOR everywhere from within an encrypted hidden volume VM. Then you never have to worry about these things ever again.

I'm not really. I mean, this community has criminals frequent it, and sure, I like to talk hypothetically about different types of crime, but I don't commit any.
    No. I don't see why I would be, unless…..it was a rapist. :)

Good thing we both aren't then Sally you cheeky bastard :3
    I am actually an NSA operative under deep cover. My mission is called OPERATION ELBOWBUFFET and it is my duty to observe and report any illegal, hacker, activist and dissident activities that transpire within this community. You never read this, if you know what is good for you.
    Well, alright, I just wanted to hate on Lanny. Lanny hate is always good fun.
    Maybe Lanny not saying anything, is his way of letting us know.
    Lanny Bird of Courage
    So there's a few things to say here. By far the most important is this: I'm severely dissapointed that databitches.net chose to go with "another forum elsewhere", I really would have liked to see "Niggas In Space" in print, or at least web-print. What pussies.

Now I could be wrong, convinced by someone that's upset with Lanny, trying to sabotage Lanny's reputation and commitment to this community. So don't get upset Lanny and take this as an attack, and don't think that I'm personally trying to stir up shit, because I'm not.

No worries blood, you should be suspect of me, just in general, as a provider of a web service. There should be nothing I can say at this point that would make you trust me, if there is then you're too easily convinced. You should post under the assumption that the DB is an open book for law enforcement. That's safer for you, and it's safer for me.

3. I was told that alone would be enough to get a subpena/warrant for this website.

It might be sufficient grounds to secure a warrant to seize the server or requisition data from it but LE would have to go through the process to do it. If they have better leads (likely, if this guy was for real I'm sure he didn't post from his home IP which is the extent of my records) there would be no point, there's probably one nigga buried under a mountain of cases who's following up on this, investigations cost money thus kept as brief as possible.

I just want to hear from you, what happened with this incident?

Were you contacted?

I wasn't, as I recall the guy posted something and it was some dinky XSS attack that could like maybe skim a few people's CCNs? This is the first I heard of anything more significant than that. Realize of course that court orders can come with a gag condition and I might be legally compelled not to reveal anything about the matter, but then I probably wouldn't mention that if it were the case, a fact that may be worth remembering if you believe me now.

This is a good time to reiterate my policy on the law as it pertains to this forum: I will not risk my freedom because of someone else's OP sec. I won't go above and beyond my legal duty to report or prevent crime, I won't stop posters from incriminating themselves because that devolves into rule lawyering quickly, but I will comply 100% with law enforcement. I may employ whatever legal strategy is available to me to yield as little information as possible, you can challenge a subpoena but short of turning it into a publicity case for the EFF or something my legal resources are pretty limited. I'm not a fed (although I have been a state employee, and have worked on internet fraud prevention projects in the finance industry for whatever that's worth) but it might be worth assuming I am when you ask yourself "should I be posting this?".
    Never doubted you for a second. Besides i am outside of US jurisdiction and while i may say shady shit i don't think i ever posted anything that isn't covered by freedom of speech in my or your jurisdiction and besides a little bit of info leakage here on the fawrums my OPSEC is sufficient. Furthermore, if i ever piss the US government off enough to warrant attention from your law enforcement i am screwed no matter what. At least that's my default assumption. To conclude, i run full disk encryption by default and particularly sensitive material is encrypted on it's own as well. In encryption i trust.
    A while back there was someone that went by the username "Mr. High", and this user made a thread(link is above, also this thread has over 1000 views which is not typical and shows the traffic it alone generated) about how he hacked a bunch of websites and we all thought he was some troll just bull shitting. However, like a week or two later, he started posting links to news articles that seemed to line up with exactly what he had said. I first thought it was all bull shit and that he faked the articles(like one of those try-hard trolls), but they were all legit. Below are a couple, but take close note of the second article and the fact that it directly links to this site(ran by Lanny) and clearly shows that this hacker was a part of this forum.

When the FBI subpoenas Lanny he just sends them this video.

0. Homeland Security(that's MILITARY) and the FBI investigated/investigating this

Yeah, so?.

1. This was four websites at once, four big websites containing serious personal information.

Thats Mr.highs problem, not lan mans

2. Both Homeland Security and the FBI, undoubtedly knew quickly that this hacker had been part of this forum.

Like I said in the Mr.high thread they would take one look at the thread/forum and go "these people are all retards" and the boss would kick the guy out of his office for bringing him bullshit (their face when NIGGASIN.SPACE is actually a strong cultural force secret hacker group)

That would be the biggest waste of tax dollars in the justice system in all of history to investigate us and even if they did and we found out it would just be one big joke for us to laugh at

4. They almost certainly served a subpena/warrant for this websites.

I scared them off with my talk of tatted up psychopathic drug dealers and exploding houses and clandestine rockets

5…..Everything just went on as normal, as if nothing happened. Just another day at the station

We get investigated and dont give a fuck, yup pretty much.
    -SpectraL coward [the spuriously bluish-lilac bushman]
    Lanny is a Cyber-Mole for the United States Gubment.
    Lanny is your dominatrix.
Jump to Top