User Controls

Ever wonder why Republicans are so gullible?

G4LM African Astronaut
    https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10.1177/1075547019863154?journalCode=scxb
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Republicans are more likely to believe climate change is real if they are told so by Republican Party leaders, but are more likely to believe climate change is a hoax if told it's real by Democratic Party leaders. Democrats do not alter their views on climate change depending on who communicates it.
    G4LM African Astronaut
    When Net Neutrality was first introduced, both sides were on board with protecting the internet. But when Republican politicians and right wing pundits started speaking out against NN (including Trump's anti NN policies), a good chunk of Republicans were now against NN.

Most Republican voters are still in favor of NN but it's interesting how in such a short time period, a good chunk of Republican voters were swayed so decisively from one stance to the other simply because their "leaders" told them what to think.
    G4LM African Astronaut
    https://m.imgur.com/a/YZMyt
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Tldr: Republicans are gullible and dumb
    kroz weak whyte, frothy cuck, and former twink
    op gets his info from buzzfeed
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by Bill Krozby op gets his info from buzzfeed

Nope. Pew Research and GA state university.
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    *GAY state
    HTS highlight reel
    So basically the right wing is more tribal? I feel like that's all it boils down to. The climate change thing, at least. Outsiders = deceptive, so they only trust their own leaders and actively mistrust outsiders. Not exactly a shocking revelation or a startling insight into the mind of the average right wing voter. I wouldn't necessarily describe this behavior as "gullible", considering how much mistrust of outsiders is involved. A gullible person would be as easily deceived by a democrat, neh?
    aldra JIDF Controlled Opposition
    the loudest people always seem to be the least-well informed in any argument; neither the doomsayers nor the conservatives claiming there's no way we could affect the environment are very well-versed in the subject matter.

they're just pandering to different sources of 'authority'
    The following users say it would be alright if the author of this post didn't die in a fire!
    gadzooks Dark Matter [keratinize my mild-tasting blossoming]
    Ok guys guys guys...

This study is huge for a lot of reasons, but it's important not to get lost in some specific parameters of the study.

I saw this study mentioned recently (maybe earlier today? Not 100% sure) on Reddit, and it immediately caught my eye. I bookmarked it, and haven't scrutinized the entire article yet, but the abstract definitely has some far reaching implications.

BUT, this is not about any particular political side being more biased than the other. This phenomenon that they found does have major implications, but it's way wider in scope than just one particular political party.

The exact same effect would occur if a famous anti-vaxxer started touting pro-vaccination views, or a flat earther doing the same with other flat earthers, etc.

Cognitive bias is not particularly unique to any particular group (political affiliations included).
    D4NG0 motherfucker
    Originally posted by G4LM Republicans are more likely to believe climate change is real if they are told so by Republican Party leaders, but are more likely to believe climate change is a hoax if told it's real by Democratic Party leaders. Democrats do not alter their views on climate change depending on who communicates it.

Leftists will literally cheer on quotes from Hitler if read by a perceived comrade.
    whoami Tuskegee Airman
    nigger
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Originally posted by gadzooks Ok guys guys guys…

This study is huge for a lot of reasons, but it's important not to get lost in some specific parameters of the study.

I saw this study mentioned recently (maybe earlier today? Not 100% sure) on Reddit, and it immediately caught my eye. I bookmarked it, and haven't scrutinized the entire article yet, but the abstract definitely has some far reaching implications.

BUT, this is not about any particular political side being more biased than the other. This phenomenon that they found does have major implications, but it's way wider in scope than just one particular political party.

The exact same effect would occur if a famous anti-vaxxer started touting pro-vaccination views, or a flat earther doing the same with other flat earthers, etc.

Cognitive bias is not particularly unique to any particular group (political affiliations included).

Somebody who actually read it lol.

Itt: nobody read the tru tru thread. These posts are literally copy pasted from the reddit thread
    Ghost Black Hole
    G4LM African Astronaut
    Not what gadzooks said.
Jump to Top